Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

Not looking good - Vaccines and recovery out timescales.

I could go for a PCR tomorrow but no chance of result.

No chance of a booster before Monday.

And no flights (realistically - location, under 1$m dollars) on Mon / Tues, even if I got a booster.

So that leaves me with a plan of:
My botched SpTH Form - where I selected the date as a booster just to see if it would clear - Obv no good as I can't change it and it'll fail a check
Doing a PCR Test and although no result - having it pending at least (pretty worthless)
Doing a LFT and uploading QR pre flight
My NHS App
And being prepared to act shocked and do a LFT on site in Malaga

This has got more holes in it than posh cheese, but it looks like the alternative is selling my ticket (when it lands), taking a hit on the hotel, and pulling a chair up at home!

Thoughts?
Do the tests, be they PCR or LFT not need to be done by a ‘healthcare professional’? Sure I read that somewhere. Though places like Randox count as ‘healthcare professionals’.

Can‘t believe folk have missed the threads on this over the last couple of weeks.

Sticky situation you're in mate, but if you have a match ticket I would certainly be chancing it and making the trip. Hopefully you don't get checked and can enjoy the match. I wouldn't like to be in your situation though, my anxiety couldn't handle it.
For me it's about worst case - can't find info on their max fines etc

Do the tests, be they PCR or LFT not need to be done by a ‘healthcare professional’? Sure I read that somewhere. Though places like Randox count as ‘healthcare professionals’.

Can‘t believe folk have missed the threads on this over the last couple of weeks.
Not sure - I booked mine late last week and totally misunderstood my NHS App and the removal of Spain's Health form. If I'd have looked closer on Thurs, I may have been able to sort it.

What about proof of recovery? I've got a bit of a runny nose and C"nt of a cough. This would just be my luck to get pulled for a lateral flow and it be positive.

The sheer numbers coming through on Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be considerable. Will they have the capacity to be even checking everyone?

Hi mate - when did you have your jabs?

I've just noticed that they need vaccines in 270 days ... my last was April '21.

I've go no issue with an LFT - but want to avoid a fine.
You can get the booster. It doesn't need to be 2 weeks after.

I think there is a chance you won't get in if unboosted

Do people think there's any possibility of this being implemented for entry via land? Thinking of just getting boosted tomorrow as cant think of anything worse than testing positive on arrival.

Do people think there's any possibility of this being implemented for entry via land? Thinking of just getting boosted tomorrow as cant think of anything worse than testing positive on arrival.
No land borders into Spain

But why wouldn't you just get boosted.

If you can, then get boosted mate. Takes away any worries. Imagine standing there with your ticket on the App and getting turned back.:eek:

Wee heads up, i am currently in magaluf and had proof of both my jabs at the airport but they made me do an LFT because i didnt have booster.

3 guys were before my test and i also had to wait 15minutes for results before they let me go which nearly caused me to miss my bus. I was sweating incase positive for some reason.

If this is still in place this week i can see it causing carnage and i can see a fair few bears getting stung by it if positive.

If you can get booster then go get it and save the hassle.
Was your last dose out with the 270 days?

Not looking good - Vaccines and recovery out timescales.

I could go for a PCR tomorrow but no chance of result.

No chance of a booster before Monday.

And no flights (realistically - location, under 1$m dollars) on Mon / Tues, even if I got a booster.

So that leaves me with a plan of:
My botched SpTH Form - where I selected the date as a booster just to see if it would clear - Obv no good as I can't change it and it'll fail a check
Doing a PCR Test and although no result - having it pending at least (pretty worthless)
Doing a LFT and uploading QR pre flight
My NHS App
And being prepared to act shocked and do a LFT on site in Malaga

This has got more holes in it than posh cheese, but it looks like the alternative is selling my ticket (when it lands), taking a hit on the hotel, and pulling a chair up at home!

Thoughts?
What time is your flight mate?

I'm seeing walkin appointments for booking tomorrow from 10am Chester, the wirral, Northwich, and Liverpool all Cheshire or close by.

If you can, then get boosted mate. Takes away any worries. Imagine standing there with your ticket on the App and getting turned back.:eek:
No land borders into Spain

But why wouldn't you just get boosted.
I'm in Cheshire. I cant get boosted until after flights. And even then ... the flight situation thereafter between Mon-Weds is dire.

I've just booked a Randox on site certified Rapid Antigen for pre flight. 60 mins results.

My QR Codes still say Valid on my NHS App but they don't fit the guidelines and I haven't had Covid for a year.

Where do they turn you away? UK or Spain?

What time is your flight mate?

I'm seeing walkin appointments for booking tomorrow from 10am Chester, the wirral, Northwich, and Liverpool all Cheshire or close by.

Is it just me or are none of these for Sunday?

My flight is 6pm.

One in Crewe open today.

It's a walk-in centre

Hollowood Chemists - Crewe, Crewe Vaccination Centre, 146 West Street, Crewe, CW1 3HQ. Thursday, 12th May, Friday, 13th May, Saturday, 14th May, Sunday, 15th, Monday, 16th May, Tuesday, 17 May, Wednesday, 18th May (9:30am-5:30pm) - Pfizer and Moderna (including boosters)

@KC10

I'm in Cheshire. I cant get boosted until after flights. And even then ... the flight situation thereafter between Mon-Weds is dire.

I've just booked a Randox on site certified Rapid Antigen for pre flight. 60 mins results.

My QR Codes still say Valid on my NHS App but they don't fit the guidelines and I haven't had Covid for a year.

Where do they turn you away? UK or Spain?
Might be a bit late for you now but there are places doing boosters in Birmingham tomorrow, not too far away. You could always try Manchester/Liverpool as well.

BTW the answer is a pcr or that rapid antigen test you can get done at the airport.

Then do the SpTH form.

A question I have on that form..i have my covid recovery cert issued from zoomdoc with I got my QR code issued today from SpTH. But when you go through the form it literally just takes your word that you have such a cert.

Im assuming the idea is jusr take the zoomdoc cert with you also in the event they spot check when scanning the QR code?

Update....ignore me. Totally glanced over their email which states

REMEMBER that in order to travel to Spain you must bring the QR you have just received and the vaccination/diagnostic test/recovery certificate indicated or provided when filling in the form.

I’m totally confused what’s required to get in country here. I thought the locator forms were no longer required and just flashing my NHS scotland app would be enough.

I’m totally confused what’s required to get in country here. I thought the locator forms were no longer required and just flashing my NHS scotland app would be enough.
It is if you have the booster. If you don't have the booster, your last vaccine has to have been within 270 days.

I suspect OP travelled to Spain without a booster and no vaccine within 270 days.

BTW the answer is a pcr or that rapid antigen test you can get done at the airport.

Then do the SpTH form.

A question I have on that form..i have my covid recovery cert issued from zoomdoc with I got my QR code issued today from SpTH. But when you go through the form it literally just takes your word that you have such a cert.

Im assuming the idea is jusr take the zoomdoc cert with you also in the event they spot check when scanning the QR code?

Update....ignore me. Totally glanced over their email which states

REMEMBER that in order to travel to Spain you must bring the QR you have just received and the vaccination/diagnostic test/recovery certificate indicated or provided when filling in the form.
How long did you wait till you got your QR code from zoomdoc?

It is if you have the booster. If you don't have the booster, your last vaccine has to have been within 270 days.

I suspect OP travelled to Spain without a booster and no vaccine within 270 days.

So my second jag was inside 270 days - no booster. And I have covid recovery.

I assume I don’t need to worry then.

If you can get to Liverpool pier head it's open 10am-3pm.
No idea how far that's from you but I would be there considering what's at stake.
I've just booked to be in Runcorn first thing - no better way to spend the flight day!! It then gives me 8 hours before the flight.

Whatever it takes

Ive just downloaded the app and registered and thankfully it has my first 2 doses and booster showing on it.
Thanks OP for the prompt to get it done, one less thing to worry about

How long did you wait till you got your QR code from zoomdoc?

Within half an hour.

Was a fairly simple process. Paid and then emailed a link which I then upload my email etc from NHS showing my positive PCR result. Then stick in other details like passport number etc.

Submit for validation and one of their doctors approves and emails back a certificate c/w QR code on it. But the SpTH system doesn't recognise those QR codes so that's why you also fill in the SpTH form with the details and then it generates your QR code which is saved on the phone app and just tells you to bring Certs with you and follow Blue arrows on arrival.

Before all this though I had also paid for a pcr based on their initial advice to me so I plan to just take my negative result for that along with me incase they asked me to do anything like LFT on arrival. Figured it saves time on that front.

Honest to christ my list of documents is longer than the contents of what I Need to put into my fucking case man. Can't wait for this pish to end B-D

Last edited:
Randox. Have appointments every 5 mins.
Can get same day or next day results, same day cost more

Cheers.

I had posted about having paper copy of vaccines but no reply as to whether that’s enough so I’ll just do a PCR as back up if that fails.

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Spains Health form rejected it as it's expired.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?
Which NHS app are you using? I was unsure which one was the correct one in the Andriod Play Store?

Which NHS app are you using? I was unsure which one was the correct one in the Andriod Play Store?
In February I filled out the entry form for a holiday to Gran Canaria and put in the wrong date by accident!! When they scanned my form on arrival with the incorrect date and it passed and allowed me in they didn’t check my covid passport against the form I filled in

Back