Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

As long as you have it and it's on your vaccination history...your good to follow follow all the way to Spain.

Can anyone tell me how much time must have passed before your booster counts traveling to Spain? Government website saying 14 days I thought it reduced.
Need your eyes tested mate.:)

From the Gov.UK website:

There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.

Need your eyes tested mate.:)

From the Gov.UK website:

There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.

Thanks lads my eyes have went square reading all this pish I've clearly read a different page/site

As an aside, do you know if France are different? Govt website says 7 days my airfrance email says 14.

My wife is doing my nut in, insisting I need to fill out forms and stuff.

I have the nhs app on my phone, I have 2 doses and a booster from last week all showing under history. I am certain that it is fine to travel with those alone but she has sent me some Spanish form to fill out. Am I right or is she?

Thanks lads my eyes have went square reading all this pish I've clearly read a different page/site

As an aside, do you know if France are different? Govt website says 7 days my airfrance email says 14.
I'm not sure on France mate as its a bit confusing. By 'fully vaccinated' do they mean when you had your second vaccine (which is the case in most places) or do they mean when you had your booster?

UK is classed as a Green country by France if that helps you decipher anything.

Flew into Reus this morning and they’re only checking covid passports for people on flights from England, they were waving people from Scotland through

People should stop reading the uk govt guidance and start reading the Spanish govt guidance instead. You're going to Spain and it's their rules you need to follow. There's a big buttons on the homepage for you to either a) check the validity of your vaccine status (EU/DCC) (yellow button) or b) fill in a passenger locator form with recovery / testing info (blue button).

Really simple website full of clear info.

I'm not sure on France mate as its a bit confusing. By 'fully vaccinated' do they mean when you had your second vaccine (which is the case in most places) or do they mean when you had your booster?

UK is classed as a Green country by France if that helps you decipher anything.
I'm sure fully vaccinated is two doses plus booster. I just don't know if I can get in as I had my booster 7 days ago instead of the 14 air france email says. Uk govt says 7 days travelling to France. Total headfuck.

They should all update at the same time how hard can it be?

I'm sure fully vaccinated is two doses plus booster. I just don't know if I can get in as I had my booster 7 days ago instead of the 14 air france email says. Uk govt says 7 days travelling to France. Total headfuck.
I'd check that out. I know Nippy likes to define 'fully vaxxed' as including the booster but in my experience that isn't necessarily the case elsewhere.

I’m unvaccinated on three connecting flights back from Faro>Madrid>Fuerteventura>Leeds reckon it’ll be fine? Flying to and from Portugal as only need a PCR obviously just concerned I’ll get stopped on one of my connections :D at least on the way out I’ll be alright!
I'm same mate flying to Lisbon via Amsterdam then returning Lisbon to the UK via Paris...I'm having a PCR test tomorrow to enable me to fly to Lisbon..hoping I'm ok for Amsterdam and Paris as we don't leave the airport

Well that's all the pre flight stuff sorted with BA.

SpTH QR forms done, QR codes issued.

Uploaded and validated by BA.

Wee heads up, i am currently in magaluf and had proof of both my jabs at the airport but they made me do an LFT because i didnt have booster.

3 guys were before my test and i also had to wait 15minutes for results before they let me go which nearly caused me to miss my bus. I was sweating incase positive for some reason.

If this is still in place this week i can see it causing carnage and i can see a fair few bears getting stung by it if positive.

If you can get booster then go get it and save the hassle.

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Spains Health form rejected it as it's expired.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?

Was there not talk of Spain changing their COVID laws tomorrow?

Just saw this

Can you get the booster tomorrow morning anywhere, unsure if the two week period applies for entry?

Edit: Confirmed, no minimum time between Booster and entry

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?
If you get a booster, you can fly out same day no issues I’m sure. If your second vaccine is backdated a certain amount of time without a booster you’re considered unvaccinated.

2nd Jab April '21.

2nd boost has to be within 270 days from your departure date which is around August 20th 2021.

Id recommend getting a booster early doors. It should show on NHS covid pass app within a few hours.

2nd Jab April '21.

Get a booster tomorrow, shows on the app straight away. There's a few places that do drop in I'm sure.

I’m just back from Benidorm, they didn’t check anyone on our flight, I’d be chancing it if I were you.

Can you get the booster tomorrow morning anywhere, unsure if the two week period applies for entry?

Edit: Confirmed, no minimum time between Booster and entry
You need booster or PCR negative test.

So I changed the vaccine in April '21 to booster and it's pumped me out a form. Now I can't change it to PCR path - although tbh - there's no way of getting a PCR result in time.

I'm in Cheshire - no drop-ins. Earliest is Monday.

What a shit show! Could be in trouble here!

You just reminded me to upload the form! Hope you get yourself sorted. I'd take the punt if you can't get boosted.

Farcical that they are keeping this nonsense up when most of the rest of Europe has opened up.

So I changed the vaccine in April '21 to booster and it's pumped me out a form. Now I can't change it to PCR path - although tbh - there's no way of getting a PCR result in time.

You must have a pal who's good on computers, get them to change details on someone else's PCR results certificate

Doesn't look like anywhere for Sundays, two options: change to a Monday flight or chance it, unsure what I'd do...

I didn’t think the form was required anymore?

Does everyone need to fill in a passenger locator form?
You're not wrong. The form looks to be no more (although it let me do one).

However - this is what catches me out. Recovered from Covid a year ago .... and last Vaccine April '21

"If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs"

You're not wrong. The form looks to be no more (although it let me do one).

However - this is what catches me out. Recovered from Covid a year ago .... and last Vaccine April '21

"If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs"
That’s gutting mate, hopefully you can get a booster sorted

Doesn't look like anywhere for Sundays, two options: change to a Monday flight or chance it, unsure what I'd do...
I'm in a different thread talking about tickets, I'm sure a Bear mentioned people being LFT'd at Malaga as a few have fallen foul.

The question is the size of the consequence.

I'm in a different thread talking about tickets, I'm sure a Bear mentioned people being LFT'd at Malaga as a few have fallen foul.

The question is the size of the consequence.

They’re doing spot check lateral flows?

Wee heads up, i am currently in magaluf and had proof of both my jabs at the airport but they made me do an LFT because i didnt have booster.

3 guys were before my test and i also had to wait 15minutes for results before they let me go which nearly caused me to miss my bus. I was sweating incase positive for some reason.

If this is still in place this week i can see it causing carnage and i can see a fair few bears getting stung by it if positive.

Hi mate - when did you have your jabs?

I've just noticed that they need vaccines in 270 days ... my last was April '21.

I've go no issue with an LFT - but want to avoid a fine.

If you’ve had two vaccines and a booster you are fine. Show the App.

If you’ve had two vaccines and the last of them was less than 270 days ago and more than 14 days ago then you will be fine. Show the App.

If you are not fully vaccinated and have recovered from CoVid in the last 6 months you can get a proof of recovery record.

Otherwise, you are into proving negative tests and filling in the SpTH form in the 72 hours before you go, which gets more involved.

UK Govt info here:

Last edited:

So they’re only testing if you’re not boosted?

If you’ve had two vaccines and a booster you are fine.

If you’ve had two vaccines and the last of them was less than 270 days ago then you will be fine.

If you are not fully vaccinated and have recovered from CoVid in the last 6 months you can get a proof of recovery record.

Otherwise, you are into proving negative tests and filling in the SpTH form in the 72 hours before you go, which gets more involved.

UK Govt info here:

Not looking good - Vaccines and recovery out timescales.

I could go for a PCR tomorrow but no chance of result.

No chance of a booster before Monday.

And no flights (realistically - location, under 1$m dollars) on Mon / Tues, even if I got a booster.

So that leaves me with a plan of:
My botched SpTH Form - where I selected the date as a booster just to see if it would clear - Obv no good as I can't change it and it'll fail a check
Doing a PCR Test and although no result - having it pending at least (pretty worthless)
Doing a LFT and uploading QR pre flight
My NHS App
And being prepared to act shocked and do a LFT on site in Malaga

This has got more holes in it than posh cheese, but it looks like the alternative is selling my ticket (when it lands), taking a hit on the hotel, and pulling a chair up at home!

Thoughts?

2nd Jab April '21.

Mines never worked in tenerife i had to be taken away for lft 10 mins later i was on my way

Sticky situation you're in mate, but if you have a match ticket I would certainly be chancing it and making the trip. Hopefully you don't get checked and can enjoy the match. I wouldn't like to be in your situation though, my anxiety couldn't handle it.

Back