Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

They’ve just extended that to 15th June I’m afraid

I’m unvaccinated on three connecting flights back from Faro>Madrid>Fuerteventura>Leeds reckon it’ll be fine? Flying to and from Portugal as only need a PCR obviously just concerned I’ll get stopped on one of my connections :D at least on the way out I’ll be alright!

I’m unvaccinated on three connecting flights back from Faro>Madrid>Fuerteventura>Leeds reckon it’ll be fine? Flying to and from Portugal as only need a PCR obviously just concerned I’ll get stopped on one of my connections :D at least on the way out I’ll be alright!
Mon the unvaxxed loyal!

Bit the bullet and got my booster tonight at a walk in centre, needs must and all that.

Good question though, I am not 100% on that side of things so got a booster to avoid it all

Booster wont be valid takes 2 weeks to kick in. You will probably need a test from a pharmacy PCR or nasal antigen. If its PCR start hitting Google and get them booked as most are 48 hours although i have seen a pharmacy with a few branches in Edinburgh doing same day PCR tests. Nasal antigen is result in 30 minutes but test kits will be running low so i suggest the unvaxxed loyal book tests now.

Last edited:
Don't think a PCR test meets the requirements, at least from the UK.

Not sure if it's different from ROI.
Fine for PCR flying out mate, my mate is just back from faro and paris in the last 6 weeks.

Lateral flow done by heathcare professional as long as its within 24 hours of flight departure also suffices.

Dont think the self administered ones count though needs done from test center

EDIT*
Lateral flow for Portugal is ok not sure about Spain.

Booster wont be valid takes 2 weeks to kick in. You will probably need a test from a pharmacy PCR or nasal antigen. If its PCR start hitting Google and get them booked as most are 48 hours although i have seen a pharmacy with a few branches in Edinburgh doing same day PCR tests. Nasal antigen is result in 30 minutes but test kits will be running low so i suggest the unvaxxed loyal book tests now.
Spain the 14 day rule isn't there for the booster

Backs up what I said
Does it?

• SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.

Does it?

• SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate.

Yes it does.

Uk covid document counts as an EU certificate

I'm not so sure, I read all the rules and there was nothing about a PCR test.

It's covid pass or recovery certificate.
Backs up what I said

SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate
^^ thats a PCR

SpTH QR. If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must complete the SpTH Health Control Form, manually entering the details of your vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate
^^ thats a PCR
But the UK govt website says PCR is only for unvaccinated with "essential" travel to Spain. Otherwise its vaccine or recovery. Info isn't clear depending on which govt site you look at.

But the UK govt website says PCR is only for unvaccinated with "essential" travel to Spain. Otherwise its vaccine or recovery. Info isn't clear depending on which govt site you look at.
The Spanish website (and numerous travellers on this website) will tell you different.

As I said confusing depending on which govt site you look at as they contradict when it comes to travel to Spain.
i'm travelling to spain - I'll go with what the spanish website (and phone calls to them) are telling me.

Anyone can get in with a negative PCR 72 hours prior to boarding.

Now wish (my boy) luck for his PCR on sunday

You can do PCR testing and ART testing in Galsgow Airport. You may need to pre-book though. The PCR test results can be received withing 12 or 24hrs of rhe test. Depending how much you pay. The ART test can be booked and walk in, same day results within 15mins.
Depending what requirements are needed I'd go with the ART but prebook it as I suspect it will be busy.

Spain the 14 day rule isn't there for the booster
I got my booster 6 days ago. I didn’t think there was a 14 day wait hence why I got it. So i am correct in saying I will get in as there is no wait period it’s instant access as soon as you’ve had it ?

• has been vaccinated against COVID-19, with a complete schedule or booster dose. In the case of a complete vaccination schedule, you should check the validity periods: this certificate will be valid from 14 days after the administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule and will be valid up to 270 days from the administration of this last dose. The vaccination certificate with complete schedule for children under 18 has no expiry date.
    Thereafter, in order to be valid (people aged 18 and over), the vaccination certificate must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered.

i'm travelling to spain - I'll go with what the spanish website (and phone calls to them) are telling me.

What number are you phoning?

My passporr expires in 2024 but it’s the pink passport issues before we left the EU. That’s still sound ae?

There’s so many different people saying different things. We are flying with Vueling and I checked their website yesterday. It gives you 3 options for unvaccinated and one is a negative PCR.

I read that as no wait period after the booster? Thoughts anyone
Read the section "if you're fully vaccinated"

At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs

Read the section "if you're fully vaccinated"

At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs
Thanks pal. Phew I got mine 6 days ago so no 14 day wait thank god . Happy days

Do you still need to fill in a passenger locator/dcc form regardless of if you have proof of your booster on there or not?
Don't think so - based on reading government website it looks like if you have vaccine passport you're good to go, but I'm going to quadruple check because as usual it's not entirely clear

^^ thats a PCR

I only have paper copy of this exact document, will I need to fill out the SpTH form or will this document be enough?

I used to have one of those packaged bank accounts that came with travel insurance but not anymore.
A check on moneysupermarket shows travel insurance for Tuesday to Thursday can be bought for £7 if no pre existing conditions etc.

Thing is with travel insurance (like all insurance imo) they want an 'out' when any claim is made.

Majority of us will more than likely have a fair amount of alcohol in our blood should something occur - They'd surely use this to avoid paying a claim?

We should all be carrying our new NHS Global health cards (old EHIC cards) when on European football duty?

Can anyone tell me how much time must have passed before your booster counts traveling to Spain? Government website saying 14 days I thought it reduced.

Back