Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

OP See post 210, 211, 212 and 214 in this thread

There also suggesting about buying a covid recovery certificate online?
There are 3rd party places that will provide you with a certificate if you can’t get one on the NHS app for whatever reason. You need to send them proof of the positive result first and then a doctor with them will sign off on a certificate with a QR that can be shown. Need to fill out the locator form though as it doesn’t fall under the EU DCC.

See in general. I have a covid recovery certificate that I got via zoomdoc site. So it has the QR code on that form.

Do you need to fill in that Spth form? Or just have a paper copy of the certificate with me for when I get through passport controls I'm Spain?
Fill in the form as it isn’t an EU DCC equivalent. If you put it in that QR validator it doesn’t validate. They answer this in the comments on their Facebook page.

I was having a look at this the other day. The Spanish website with all of the information is here https://www.spth.gob.es/#DCC

The guidance states that only people that don't have an EU Digital Covid Cert need to complete the SpTH form:

'Who has to fill out the Health Control Form?

All people who enter Spain from other countries, who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent. Children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit do not have to show a certificate or SpTH QR.'

UK Certificates count as an EU Certificate - it's one of the 40 Non-EU countries that have joined the EU Digital Certificate System.

You can also upload a PDF document of your vaccine passport and validate it here - https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator

Mines validated fine but my mates said they couldn't read the QR code.
I was looking at that earlier what is it you used to upload to validate? I tried to use the pdf generated from nhs site but said something about no qr detected

I was looking at that earlier what is it you used to upload to validate? I tried to use the pdf generated from nhs site but said something about no qr detected

I uploaded my PDF generated document from the NHS app and it worked. However, I'm in England and the document is different.

My mate in Scotland tried and got the same message about not being able to read the QR code.

Thanks mate. I seen someone say the other say allow 1 hour to cross the border so wanted to check.
It might be different if you’re going through the channel tunnel mind you, I honestly don’t know, but there are no border checkpoints between countries like Spain, France and Portugal

It’s the other way around? You can get on flight no bother without mask but you need to wear it during flight.
I’m in Malaga just now, before getting on they tell you a mask is needed but when in the air they don’t enforce it and you can take it off
Spain is like us and masks are no longer mandatory when you get there
With the Covid passport- there is 2 separate queues, the paper print out was a lot quicker than the app.
You need to get the paper print out off the government website- it will ask you the date of one of your vaccines if you don’t know your log in

When I went in to Madrid you had to have done a Spanish authorities online form. Had they gone now and you can just flash your covid app passport from nhs?
I think if your vaccined you dont need to fill in locator form anymore but double check just to be sure

Just for anyone travelling via Dublin to Portugal. Although it says on the UK website you need to have the booster 14 days, it says on the Irish and Portuguese sites that there is no time limits on the booster

Just for anyone travelling via Dublin to Portugal. Although it says on the UK website you need to have the booster 14 days, it says on the Irish and Portuguese sites that there is no time limits on the booster
It's been mentioned before - the only question I have on it, is it based on your nationality? It certainly applies to EU Citizens, but does it apply to non-EU citizens transiting in that manner?

It's been mentioned before - the only question I have on it, is it based on your nationality? It certainly applies to EU Citizens, but does it apply to non-EU citizens transiting in that manner?
Neither mention nationalities to be honest and I have the EU compatiable covid certificate. Not sure exactly what the story is but being from Northern Ireland think it’s the only time I’m going to claim to be an Irish man

Think it’s 14 days for vaccine. Booster has no limit

Neither mention nationalities to be honest and I have the EU compatiable covid certificate. Not sure exactly what the story is but being from Northern Ireland think it’s the only time I’m going to claim to be an Irish man
No but thats the thing

The UK FCDO advice assumes that you are a UK national, and assumes travelling from the UK I'm sure

It could be that the Irish site assumes Irish citizen travelling from Ireland, and that the UK aspect actually applies
Think it’s 14 days for vaccine. Booster has no limit
The no limit for a booster is related to its expiration, different countries have different requirements with when its administered. Spain has no requirement, Portugal appear to say that UK travellers from the UK need to have had it 14 days prior - which is the same as what was required for Germany

The question is, what about UK Travellers that are travelling from EU countries. Do the rules apply to you based on your departure airport, or the passport you hold

Does the QR code expiry date renew every time you login to the NHS Scotland covid app? Mine runs out on Sunday, I fly out Monday. Paper copy says expires in August

Does the QR code expiry date renew every time you login to the NHS Scotland covid app? Mine runs out on Sunday, I fly out Monday. Paper copy says expires in August
Pull down to refresh the app (when you see the list of vaccines for International Travel) the QR Code extends three days. Keep doing it to keep it updated and all will be fine.

Yes it renews , the QR coded on app only last so long then they renew on app itself you dont need to do anything

No but thats the thing

The UK FCDO advice assumes that you are a UK national, and assumes travelling from the UK I'm sure

It could be that the Irish site assumes Irish citizen travelling from Ireland, and that the UK aspect actually applies

The no limit for a booster is related to its expiration, different countries have different requirements with when its administered. Spain has no requirement, Portugal appear to say that UK travellers from the UK need to have had it 14 days prior - which is the same as what was required for Germany

The question is, what about UK Travellers that are travelling from EU countries. Do the rules apply to you based on your departure airport, or the passport you hold
That’s were my issue lies because looked at the Portugal government website and it doesn’t mention the booster or 14 days after it

Hoping it’s like Braga and no one actually checks it

Is it just the wee graphic when clicking vaccine 3 you show now? The COVID Status graphic I used to show says it’s turned off now?

Article in todays record reckons the rules are binned from Sunday:

Latest Spain warnings and rules travellers need to know
The list of countries without travel rules is growing as Spain is set to scrap its remaining restrictions.
On Sunday, May 15, Spain's last Covid travel measures will come to an end at midnight in a massive change for the popular holiday destination.
A number of countries have axed restrictions as the tourism and air travelindustries reopen in earnest this summer.
It comes as face mask rules for EU air travel are to end next Monday, May 16, although rules may vary by airline.
Spain's move will surely be embraced by the many travellers flocking to the country for some sunshine.
Indeed, Brits made up 18.3 percent of the four million tourists who visited in March, according to the Spanish Statistics Institute.
In light of all the big travel changes, we've rounded up the countries operating with zero restrictions here.
I've spunked £80 on a covid test for the wee boy as well

Article in todays record reckons the rules are binned from Sunday:

I've spunked £80 on a covid test for the wee boy as well
A lot of people will have spunked extra cash. Better to waste that money but be safe in case restrictions were extended than bank on them getting binned and being stuck in the lurch when they aren't.

No but thats the thing

Aye I’m travelling from uk to Spain and got my booster yesterday

There is a lot of misinformation out there re passenger locator/health form for entry into Spain. Is this still needed?

Father in Law was in Benidorm 6 weeks ago and had to fill one in but others saying no longer required if you have the NHS vaccine confirmation

No longer required, just your vaccine passport. I'm in Gran Canaria airport just now, waiting for flight home.

This is what I've been told twice by their public health team over the phone.

Get a PCR then do that form you need to complete for entry.

Upload results and it generates the QR code required for entry.

It’s 100 percent this my mates just back from Benidorm him and his mrs just showed their PCR’s from randox.

If you haven’t had any vaccines this is.

In my case I only had the first two vaccines on my certificate, hence the expiry date of 8th May, I have since updated to have my booster vax on the certificate now,
If folk are printing off the certificate best make sure it hasn't expired
The online version (my phone) gives you 3 days but when you print of your status on laptop, done today, mine and my son's (vaxed totally different times) say expiry 10/8/22. When I noticed my paper copy was only my 2nd and 3rd vaccine, I printed off my 1st and 2nd (two on one page) separately. It had an expiry of 8/9/22. o_O

Back