Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

Does Spain still have the health check in place or is it just a covid passport on phone?

They will check your covid status in Spain, masks on buses and trains. Very good chance it will be stopped 15th May.

When I went through Madrid last month it was after security they had another area for covid checks. They just scan your phone and you go on. If you haven’t done it as one in our group hadn’t you get taken through it by someone with a clipboard.
Did they actually scan the QR code

You can enter Spain with covid recovery if not fully vaccinated I’m sure

Correct.

The fake news on this thread will be incredible and panic people needlessly.

If you have recovered from Covid in the last 6 months and are unvaccinated you can get into Spain.

If you haven't had Covid but are fully vaccinated then you can get in.

If you have neither, then get creative with your vaccine status. The checks will not be overly stringent.

When I went in to Madrid you had to have done a Spanish authorities online form. Had they gone now and you can just flash your covid app passport from nhs?
If you’re fully vaccinated, or have proof of recovery, you no longer need to complete a locator form.

I would make sure your vaccine certificate is still in date, I had a look at mine the other day and my certificate had expired on the 08th May, if that is the case with any one else, go onto the NHS inform app and download the certificate and make sure the certificate is in date,
I have the Spanish Travel Health app and put my new certificate on that.

You need to be double jabbed, the last one a maximum of 270 days prior, if more than this you need to have had a booster jab, or you need proof of Covid recovery, if you have either of these you don’t need to complete a locator form.

Get your NHS app on your phone. Airlines will decide on an individual basis if their carrier ask customers to wear a mask. Passenger locator no longer required for Spain. Almost back to normal!

I would make sure your vaccine certificate is still in date, I had a look at mine the other day and my certificate had expired on the 08th May, if that is the case with any one else, go onto the NHS inform app and download the certificate and make sure the certificate is in date,
I have the Spanish Travel Health app and put my new certificate on that.
Every time you log on to the NHS app, the date changes to a month from the date you log on, do it today and the expiry date will be 12th June

When I went in to Madrid you had to have done a Spanish authorities online form. Had they gone now and you can just flash your covid app passport from nhs?

I was having a look at this the other day. The Spanish website with all of the information is here https://www.spth.gob.es/#DCC

The guidance states that only people that don't have an EU Digital Covid Cert need to complete the SpTH form:

'Who has to fill out the Health Control Form?

All people who enter Spain from other countries, who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent. Children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit do not have to show a certificate or SpTH QR.'

UK Certificates count as an EU Certificate - it's one of the 40 Non-EU countries that have joined the EU Digital Certificate System.

You can also upload a PDF document of your vaccine passport and validate it here - https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator

Mines validated fine but my mates said they couldn't read the QR code.

I was having a look at this the other day. The Spanish website with all of the information is here https://www.spth.gob.es/#DCC

The guidance states that only people that don't have an EU Digital Covid Cert need to complete the SpTH form:

'Who has to fill out the Health Control Form?

All people who enter Spain from other countries, who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent. Children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit do not have to show a certificate or SpTH QR.'

UK Certificates count as an EU Certificate - it's one of the 40 Non-EU countries that have joined the EU Digital Certificate System.

You can also upload a PDF document of your vaccine passport and validate it here - https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator

Mines validated fine but my mates said they couldn't read the QR code.
Fairly certain if it doesn’t read the QR they need to fillout the locator form and then show what they do have at the airport in Spain. I’m in a similar boat.

The bridge from Portugal over the river to Spain does have booths for border officials but I've never seen them occupied.

One thing in the instructions that seems quite vague. If you have 2x vaccinations but more than 270 days ago (I am at 274 days) you don’t have a recovery certificate but you get a negative PCR test before flying, does that work?

I read some websites that say that this is fine. Other that suggest that the PCR certificate is only if you’re entering the country for “essential travel”.

Check the barcode expiry date on your vaccination status paperwork. I'd downloaded mine a while back and the "2D Barcode Expiry" was out of date. Just had to re-download and save latest version (or print off).

One thing in the instructions that seems quite vague. If you have 2x vaccinations but more than 270 days ago (I am at 274 days) you don’t have a recovery certificate but you get a negative PCR test before flying, does that work?

I read some websites that say that this is fine. Other that suggest that the PCR certificate is only if you’re entering the country for “essential travel”.

I don't think so from what I have read.

My mate has two jabs but second one was more than 270 days ago like you. He booked in for a booster the other day and it updated in the app within 24 hours.

He just wanted to be safe.

Flown to Spain and back twice in the last fortnight no face masks in airport or on flights

Correct.

I was in Benidorm two weeks ago and was informed wearing masks was no longer a requirement. The restriction was lifted the day before we arrived.

Id take one though just in case.

They don’t enforce it in the air but getting on the plane they do. Also remember and print off your Covid passport as they check it after passports
It’s the other way around? You can get on flight no bother without mask but you need to wear it during flight.

My trip is stressing me a bit because im going to Faro via Paris, then on the way home via Brussels, so ive got about 4 countries to negotiate

See in general. I have a covid recovery certificate that I got via zoomdoc site. So it has the QR code on that form.

Do you need to fill in that Spth form? Or just have a paper copy of the certificate with me for when I get through passport controls I'm Spain?

Every time you log on to the NHS app, the date changes to a month from the date you log on, do it today and the expiry date will be 12th June
In my case I only had the first two vaccines on my certificate, hence the expiry date of 8th May, I have since updated to have my booster vax on the certificate now,
If folk are printing off the certificate best make sure it hasn't expired

Back