Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

Spain has extended its Covid entry rules for another month.

The restrictions had been due to lapse on Sunday (15 May). However, Spain’s tourist office in the UK confirmed on Monday (16 May) the measures have been extended until Wednesday 15 June by Spain’s interior ministry.

It means adult arrivals will continue to have to provide valid proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid-19.

Spain is continuing to apply its rules for third countries – non-EU countries – to the UK, despite many other destinations taking a more lenient stance, such as Spain’s neighbour Portugal.

Those unable to provide evidence of full vaccination against Covid-19 and/or proof or recovery will be denied entry.

The restrictions had been due to lapse on Sunday (15 May). However, Spain’s tourist office in the UK confirmed on Monday (16 May) the measures have been extended until Wednesday 15 June by Spain’s interior ministry.

It means adult arrivals will continue to have to provide valid proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid-19.

Spain is continuing to apply its rules for third countries – non-EU countries – to the UK, despite many other destinations taking a more lenient stance, such as Spain’s neighbour Portugal.

Those unable to provide evidence of full vaccination against Covid-19 and/or proof or recovery will be denied entry.
Or a Negative PCR + SPTH form

We flew into Malaga this morning and we walked through and flashed our covid pass. The app or the paper it could have been anyones no one bothered checking

@SE5 going to do this form now. For PCR test do I select the option that I don’t have and EU digital certificate?

Just to confirm, my NHS Scotland COVID Recovery Certificate, showing I tested positive for COVID on 25/03/22 will get me into Spain?

I am in Malaga with negative PCR and only 1 jag

Just to confirm, my NHS Scotland COVID Recovery Certificate, showing I tested positive for COVID on 25/03/22 will get me into Spain?

I’d get the spth qr code just to be safe mate. A post further up said that’s all they were asking for

Can anyone who has flown with Ryanair confirm if you need to upload any covid documents on the app when you check in?

Is showing the NHS app enough or do they want something uploaded on the app?

Are you sorted?
Nah naturally couldn't get through and gave up after 2 hours... went for my PCR so will show that :D and my incorrectly filled in SpTH with the QR code - thanks for you help mate! :D hope it's easy tomorrow!

Last edited:
Reactions: SE5
I got my PCR through Boots today at 12:50. How long does it take to send the email? I'm flying to Portugal via Dublin tomorrow at 4pm

Right can someone confirm what i need to still do please.

I've had the 2 jags plus booters and have that on my phone.

My son 16yr old got negative test, I've got the pdf and printed it.

I registered for spth form basically got my name, passport number and flight number, won't let me do anything after that, is there anything else that should be done on that form?

I'm panicking I've not done everything.

I tried to upload mines and the size of the file was bigger than the size allowed to be uploaded!

I dont think its necessary to upload anyway. They won't turn anyone away if they have all the correct documents with them!
Ahh yeah I had to compress them down, just type pdf compress into Google and upload that file. Then submit the compressed file to Ryanair.

I registered for spth form basically got my name, passport number and flight number, won't let me do anything after that, is there anything else that should be done on that form?

You don’t need to complete a health form if fully vaccinated including booster,all you’ll require is your NHS covid cert app.Your son however will need a health form as I believe only kids under 12 don’t have to complete this if not fully vaccinated.

Yes. A form with QR code and all details about when I was infectious and now recovered. Date of birth, name, home address etc
Where did you get this mate? My wife only has the NHS Scotland app which has a barcode and says Covid recovery valid until 11th June

For anyone using Zoomdoc for their recovery certificate I received a message from them saying “It does not upload to the SpTH form. Simply show it at check in!”
Do you have to use somewhere like ZoomDoc for a recovery Cert, or is the Barcode in the NHS all, saying Covid immunity sufficient?

You don’t need to complete a health form if fully vaccinated including booster,all you’ll require is your NHS covid cert app.Your son however will need a health form as I believe only kids under 12 don’t have to complete this if not fully vaccinated.
I tried to fill his details in, got the name, passport number, flight number but doesn't let me go further than that, any ideas, do I need to upload his negative test to this form?

You need a QR code from the Spanish Locator form for your son if he’s using a negative test and is over 12 and under 18.

Poster above says your experience at the airport may be a bit better with the SPTH app as it give you an eu digital covid certificate.

im not sure what the difference is.
I tried to go I to my app and copy for the spth app but samsung wo t allow due to security

We flew Newcastle - Amsterdam - Malaga today, not asked at all for anything related to Covid, no certs, PCR tests nothing.

Where do you get this certificate?

My wife only has a QR code on the NHS app, but doesn’t have an actual downloadable PDF file or anything that can be uploaded to the SpTH form

Just landed in Seville. SpTH checked.
Trying to download this off the back of Barrhead telling me I need it. However, won’t let me choose a DOB. Brings up a calendar for the month only, no way to enter the year or anything.

Back