Frank De Boer

Who are you referring to. I've not read anyone in here say ''im in the know and we have spoken to X,y or z"

There's been no confirmation either way about De Boer.

It was rumour we were in for him and now rumour we're not in for him.

Rumour we're in for him - Hysterics, queue 5 pages of arguments about being 'ITK'.

Rumour we're not in for him - Unequivocal proof.

I don't understand it either.

We just need to read back the thread . “ strong rumours “ , “ contact has been made” , people claiming to know things that are just nonsense.

Not one shred of evidence on this thread pointed to de Boer , all we had was heresay and gossip .
As opposed to the hearsay and gossip that we're now not interested in him.

You don't do irony do you lad?

We just need to read back the thread . “ strong rumours “ , “ contact has been made” , people claiming to know things that are just nonsense.

Not one shred of evidence on this thread pointed to de Boer , all we had was heresay and gossip .
Even the established posters who have had insight in the past went to great length to say that what they have posted was just "rumour".

Nobody can get their knickers wet if it's not FDB. EVERYTHING on here is rumour.

And as far as I can see, the source of its not FDB is a very poster who has said he just posts what he hears on a non FF forum. It may be true, it may not. It's still a rumour if it is or isn't FDB

I'm with you I this.
This obsession with posters labeling Clarke a mentally challenged when he stated in the 80s he was a Kilmarnock fan is embarrassing.
I get the impression some posters would be quite happy if we got someone from the govan proddy boys to manage us rather than someone that's actually a decent football manager.
Clarke is a mentally challenged . He may not be a tim but he is a mentally challenged

Clarke is a mentally challenged . He may not be a tim but he is a mentally challenged
Prove it.
If you're referring to whatever religion he is or isn't, I couldn't really give a flying %^*& about that.
He's a professional football manager, proving to be a pretty decent one at that given what he's managing to do at rugby park, taken 7 points from us this season and managed to do something that we haven't managed to do since 2012 in beating the filth.
I certainly wouldn't be against him being on the shortlist for the rangers job after the summer.

Marco Silva would be an absolute dream appointment.

He got some great results and performances out of both Hull and Watford with players and fans seemingly unanimous in singing his praises before faltering slightly (in a tough league) and becoming victim to over anxious epl chairman.

Is it ambitious to try and land him? Yes, undoubtedly. Less than a year ago, guy was flavour of the month in epl and seemed destined for great things. We'd likely be in competition with other decent teams to get him. But this is where Allen, board etc need to try their utmost to first make contact and then really SELL us to him. Highlight the following:

Ibrox.
Passion of Scottish football and 50,000 guaranteed every home game.
Chance to become a club legend for life if he can deliver 55.
Potential route to manage in CL (which he will realistically never have at any mid level epl / European team).
Good pay packet (at least try to match what he could be offered elsewhere - use some of the money saved from summer clearout of Dead wood players).

If he knocks us back after all that the at least we tried. And you could apply those same principles to any manager that at first glance seems "out of our league" - surely the job would appeal to one of them looking for a different challenge?

He got some great results and performances out of both Hull and Watford with players and fans seemingly unanimous in singing his praises before faltering slightly (in a tough league) and becoming victim to over anxious epl chairman.

Is it ambitious to try and land him? Yes, undoubtedly. Less than a year ago, guy was flavour of the month in epl and seemed destined for great things. We'd likely be in competition with other decent teams to get him. But this is where Allen, board etc need to try their utmost to first make contact and then really SELL us to him. Highlight the following:

Ibrox.
Passion of Scottish football and 50,000 guaranteed every home game.
Chance to become a club legend for life if he can deliver 55.
Potential route to manage in CL (which he will realistically never have at any mid level epl / European team).
Good pay packet (at least try to match what he could be offered elsewhere - use some of the money saved from summer clearout of Dead wood players).

If he knocks us back after all that the at least we tried. And you could apply those same principles to any manager that at first glance seems "out of our league" - surely the job would appeal to one of them looking for a different challenge?

Is he Portuguese?
It'd be great to get the real deal from Portugal after the Caixinha disaster!

I agree, he'd be a brilliantly ambitious appointment.

Marco Silva will be no where never Govan. Everton bid 20m to get him as manager from Watford. Wages will be £5m + minimum. Up there as ridiculous as Rafa

£20 million for a manager, you sure?
I agree he's 99% out of reach, but if you don't ask...

Continuing my Portuguese love in, Carlos Carvalhal is another who is I like.

I don't think we will be able to get Silva.

I reckon he will take over from Allardyce at Everton in the summer.

If he wasn't lined up for that job one of the other strugglers would have taken him. There is no way that WBA, Southampton, Stoke etc didn't sound him out before making their managerial appointments.

£20 million for a manager, you sure?
I agree he's 99% out of reach, but if you don't ask...

Continuing my Portuguese love in, Carlos Carvalhal is another who is I like.

Just checked , it was rumoured they offered £12m for him. Odd in this day in age but logical if you consider what a manager can bring.

Silva is pretty much the hottest prospect in the EPL when it comes to management. Any job that comes up from about 6th or 7th down, he's going to be bang in the running.

Its a waste of time even mentioning him.

Even the established posters who have had insight in the past went to great length to say that what they have posted was just "rumour".

Nobody can get their knickers wet if it's not FDB. EVERYTHING on here is rumour.

And as far as I can see, the source of its not FDB is a very poster who has said he just posts what he hears on a non FF forum. It may be true, it may not. It's still a rumour if it is or isn't FDB
I heard from a mates, mate, mates, mate that there are in talks with his grannies goldfish to be next manager.
How about that for a rumour ( que the hysteria )

You’re a wee girls blouse.

As a player

Aye as a Manager he took newly promoted Alaves to a ninth-placed finish in La Liga and the Copa Del Rey final. Quite an achievement. We would probably be too much of a culture shock for him to make it work. But I think he will end up top boss.

Marco Silva will be no where never Govan. Everton bid 20m to get him as manager from Watford. Wages will be £5m + minimum. Up there as ridiculous as Rafa

Silva is pretty much the hottest prospect in the EPL when it comes to management. Any job that comes up from about 6th or 7th down, he's going to be bang in the running.

Its a waste of time even mentioning him.

I get this lads - like I say, ultra-ambitious and maybe pie in the sky. Also get that financial package required would be a challenge (he was really on 5mil + in epl? Wow!).

But if wages were manageable, the point of my original post is that there are still some unique selling points that we could potentially use to get him (or other high calibre candidates e.g. FDB, who I would also have been pleased with) to at least talk to us. I just really hope the board are trying to speak to this level of candidate rather than just assuming he's out of reach and "settling" for a less than inspiring choice. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and surely a few calls / persuasive emails etc to show we're keen wouldn't be that much of a waste of time?

And another thing...I know money talks and Scottish football is hardly the dream environment for many current managers. But for all the riches of the epl, the best a manager outwith the top 6 there will ever realistically have to look forward to is a relegation scrap or mid-table finish. No real excitement, no trophies, no Europe (with the exception of Leicesters freak season).

How refreshing would it be if a Silva, Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe etc just said f@ck it - "I've taken Burnley / Bournemouth / random also-ran team as far as I can, I fancy a shot at glory with a huge British club. I'm already set up for life financially so Ibrox here I come!" Managers can be in the game for a long time and if they gave us 2 or 3 successfuld years, they can still be in good stead for any other big jobs later.

It's nice to dream sometimes...Will support whoever gets it and realistically expect it to be a Clarke, Neil etc. But at this stage, still unashamedly hoping we can pull a really high-profile name out of the bag.

ID10 says it not De Boer.

David Edgar says contact has been made. Other posters have been told he is either a shoe in or is the number one target.

The real ITK posters like DocStone and Derek are keeping their counsel.

Think that about sums it up.
350.png

Guy on twitter saying the De Boer deal is almost done but there is a holdup because he wants more backroom staff.

He said it came out around the time McCoist said he expected an announcement to be made, he didnt want to post all the details so was private messaging some.

Of course i know this is more than likely bullsh1t but just posting what has been said.

i'd take mclaren or clarke before DM or FDB. but if the elder laudrup boy was to stake an interest then it's a no braner for me.

RE: backroom staff.

Ours need replaced and I include doctors, physios, fitness and goal keeping coach.
We done all that this time last year when Pedro arrived and now it has to be done again, what a bloody waste of money.

The board really need to get this appointment spot on.

Guy on twitter saying the De Boer deal is almost done but there is a holdup because he wants more backroom staff.

He said it came out around the time McCoist said he expected an announcement to be made, he didnt want to post all the details so was private messaging some.

Of course i know this is more than likely bullsh1t but just posting what has been said.
Who on Twitter mate

ID10 says it not De Boer.

David Edgar says contact has been made. Other posters have been told he is either a shoe in or is the number one target.

The real ITK posters like DocStone and Derek are keeping their counsel.

Think that about sums it up.

That's because they don't know.

And another thing, there's no such thing as an ITK poster.

Do you have a link?

Back