Game management was terrible

Bear all

Especially in the injury time they where down to 10 men and we continually gave away possession,the direct free kick 2 mins to still resulted in the having a last ditch corner when it should never have happened, delighted by the 3pts but it was nerve wracking when it needn’t have been rant over.

I thought it was ok. Subs better than usual and definitely better than last weekend.

I hate how many long balls we play now though.

Especially in the injury time they where down to 10 men and we continually gave away possession,the direct free kick 2 mins to still resulted in the having a last ditch corner when it should never have happened, delighted by the 3pts but it was nerve wracking when it needn’t have been rant over.

We got a corner from the direct free kick and tried to keep it in the corner and lost it, so no guarantee we would have been able to keep the ball from the free kick. Maybe we would have conceded a goal if Borna didn't shoot

Did we lose today ya crackpot?

Didn’t think it was that bad, but there was the usual questionable decision making in injury time.

We find ourselves in this position far too often. In 7 mins of added time against a ten man St Mirren I think about 6 mins of that was spent in our half. That's not good game management. It's the kind of thing that's cost us in the past (last week being an example).

Yeah agree about being in this position to often, we have lost a lot of late goals under gerrard but today we got points and imo all that matters move onto weds now.

I felt like we were hanging on at the end against 10 men. Couldnt believe how deep we played today at times. Everything is so slow and methodical. And dont start me on the long throw ins up the line.
[/QUOTE. Our throw ins are starting to frustrate me as a lot of the time it ends up with the ball going to the opposition.

There’s always small holes you can pick but ultimately St Mirren created absolutely nothing in the 2nd half so it couldn’t have been that bad.

We won and extended our lead at the top. Cheer up.

There’s always small holes you can pick but ultimately St Mirren created absolutely nothing in the 2nd half so it couldn’t have been that bad.

We won and extended our lead at the top. Cheer up.
We gave away a corner when we should have had kept possession at the Free kick, maybe I’m being to picky .

If we could still use 5 subs, Itten wouldn't have been sent on loan imo. Last season, we seen a lot of games out using strength and Aribo's feet in the opposition's corners.

Hearts created several good chances. St Mirren created absolutely nothing of note.
Fair point, but probably not in the last 10 minutes. We should have scored towards the end v Hearts, whereas we didn’t have any real openings today either. Anyway not trying to be negative on what ultimately has been a good weekend, just kind of agree with the OP that we didn’t cover ourselves in glory in this regard, and it only takes an unlucky bounce or mistake and we drop 2 points there.

We have to finish games off as we all get nervous, Gerrard will be chuffed with a tough away win as we all are but doesn't help the ticker.

Fair point, but probably not in the last 10 minutes. We should have scored towards the end v Hearts, whereas we didn’t have any real openings today either. Anyway not trying to be negative on what ultimately has been a good weekend, just kind of agree with the OP that we didn’t cover ourselves in glory in this regard, and it only takes an unlucky bounce or mistake and we drop 2 points there.
We did create more last week, but they created far less. In fact I don’t think they created a single decent chance the entire game. Even the goal they scored was a half chance at best, just an absolute screamer of a shot, he probably won’t score one as good as that his entire career.

We made it much harder on ourselves than it needed to be in the final few minutes, so there is an obvious need to improve. We were very good at seeing out games last season, a few obvious exceptions aside, so the players are capable.

We also need to start finishing games off in the second half so we’re not holding on during injury time. We’re on the right track, but we’re not there yet.

It's always squeeky bum time in the dying minutes of our games these days even against dross like St Mirren.
It is and I'm uncertain whether Gérard tells them to see the game out or its the players but I thought the last 10 mns we had ten men and they had 11 the way we were hanging on. It seems to be that way in most of our games now.

We did create more last week, but they created far less. In fact I don’t think they created a single decent chance the entire game. Even the goal they scored was a half chance at best, just an absolute screamer of a shot, he probably won’t score one as good as that his entire career.

They touched the ball 8 times in our box.

Back