Gerrard has no complaints

As blatant of a yellow card you will see. Gerrard isn't going to embarrass himself on TV by suggesting otherwise. He's not daft.

I think Morelos just got a rush of blood to his head after scoring, probably forgot he was already booked. We need to let him off, he's been outstanding all season and has clearly improved his discipline.

Where's the SG from Aberdeen away on the first day of last season gone?

Stevie, Gary Mac, Stewart Robertson: All good guys and more than competent, but where are our attack dogs?

Building "great" relationships with BT and Sky?

Well the last three games have been on BT and Sky and it sounds like Timmy TV (I imagine).

When are we going to start hating these cvnts as much as they hate us?

Refs. tv channels, governing bodies, print media?

They all still eem to have carte blanche to take the piss.
Pedro was right about refs - and people within the club clamped down on him.

What Alfie was booked and then sent off for was 2 bookable offences.

People need to start taking the Blue Specs off.
dont think anyone is arguing about that mate. Think its more why the letter of the law gets applied to Morelos when the Motherwell players get away with far more?

Donnelly should have been off for the one challenge then could have had a yellow many times after, they boy that stamped on kamaras knee should have been off early doors, they had a clear handball in the box missed by the ref among many others.

My main criticism of him

He is unbelievably naive in media interviews

Denied 2 stonewallers
Donnelly should have had a red for the Morelos tackle
Countless players have done what Morelos done and never get booked

Because it's a clear as day 2nd yellow card some people need to take the blue tinted specs off and imagine you were a neutral watching it
100% agree it's a sending off all day long. We can moan about past instances all we want doesn't change what's happened today and Morelos only has his self to blame. Imo a sending off was coming for him the way he was playing today.

Unbelievable, if Gerrard can’t see anyone not in a blue jersey and that incident isn’t even noticed then his job just got a whole lot harder.
We really are the punchbag of Scottish football and they all know it, absolutely disgusted by this take it up the arse policy that exists at Ibrox.

I love our gaffer.

But how can he see the double standards aimed at our centre forward then have no complaints?

I despair sometimes.

Or have I misunderstood what he meant?

Love Gerrard, but I’m not happy with that at all. He’s let them off and what’s more our board are even less likely to react than they already were because they’ll know they definitely can’t pursue it after the managers said he has no issue.

Gerrard should have said, "Alfie was silly, it was a stupid gesture and I have no complaints, I just hope every other player in the league is treated the same if they make a similar gesture."
He pretty much did, he said Robertson couldnt wait to send someone off - I don't know if that was on sky though. Heard him on clyde

It’s a yellow by the strictest definition of the rules. But only the very strictest. And it is rarely if ever given. Certainly not to a player on a second yellow. And absolutely definitely not to a big name player on a second yellow.

I think folk telling others to take off the blue tinted specs should take off the ‘both sides’ specs. If it hadn’t been given, would anyone have commented? Even the usual biased commentators reacted with surprise and couldn’t figure out what the red was for for a while. And, had Edouard or Cosgrove or anyone done it to us, would we have been up in arms demanding a second yellow? No. We wouldn’t. Because it is an absolute nothing event that happens all the time. Apart from to us.

And it is an ongoing trend. Morelos raising his fist well within the park. Halliday lifting a hand in the centre circle. Candeias blowing a kiss. If you read about these things recurrently being carded in another league it would be part of a comedy article about stupid referees.

It is ridiculous. And we should never give them a pass for it.

Yep. Of course the crackpots on here expect Gerrard to jump infront of the media with a dossier with detailed pictures and evidence of previous incidents involving Brown and Lennon. There’s nothing else Gerrard can say, he’s a professional.
Does being a professional stop you asking why the rules are not being applied to everyone? These decisions are costing Gerrard so it's in his interest to say something. Same applies to the ridiculous amount of incorrect penalty decisions made against us.

Nobody's expecting him to rant and rave like a madman.

Its poor by the Gaffer and why we keep getting shafted by these officials again and again. How many times do we need to be kicked off the pitch or done by a terrible decision like at Hampden before it sinks in that officials play a huge role in the outcome of our games as much as the teams we play against every week ?

Bang on man. I think lad is a bit daft and made an arse of it. If a player from another team did that we would be screaming for a yellow card.
I’ve lost count how many times I have seen an opposition player doing this, especially at Ibrox all totally ignored by the officials on every occasion.
We’re totally shafted as a football team as long is we ignore blatant different rules for our players.

When Celtic scored last week, 1/2 their team ran into the crowd - which is a fair distance from the pitch. This is a booking offence - as it can cause a health and safety issue. Nobody was booked.

People on this forum have less of an issue with that than what Morelos did today.

I love our gaffer.

But how can he see the double standards aimed at our centre forward then have no complaints?

I despair sometimes.

The problem is Alfie was punished correctly so SG can't have any complaints about the 2nd booking for it.

It's other players who have gone unpunished rather than us/Alfie getting a harsh booking so it's up the the club to now question this. And make sure the objects being thrown at him is highlighted, Sky done thier best to gloss over that.

Wish the gaffer would question some of the biased reffing out..maybe wary of getting hammered for challenging them?

The managers right here he knew that was going to be a second yellow was daft from Morelos but it's the consistency on issues like this that get's to supporters.
seem some are using this to have a dig at Gerrard.

Its poor by the Gaffer and why we keep getting shafted by these officials again and again. How many times do we need to be kicked off the pitch or done by a terrible decision like at Hampden before it sinks in that officials play a huge role in the outcome of our games as much as the teams we play against every week ?
He should have questioned why he wasnt so ready to show the cards earlier in the game when Alfie was subjected to thuggery from well players..

It was a 2nd yellow so he deserved to go. What I'm disappointed about is the penalty not being called out. That was clear.

Wish the gaffer would question some of the biased reffing out..maybe wary of getting hammered for challenging them?
He said today post match Robertson couldnt wait to send someone off, and that he knew it as soon as Robertson booked Jack before 2nd half kicked off.

People can rage all they like but taken on its own merits, that was a yellow card offence, no question.

My main bug bear is the double standards when you see what other players have gotten away with.

This is the point.

What I was hoping for was a reference from the Manager as to how he accepted the decsiion of the second yellow card, but that he hoped that EVERY player in the league would be being judged to this extent from now on.

In other words, that we are not being officiated to a different, stricter standard than others.

Naive? Grow up.

Have you listened to the interview?
I'm starting to think I listened to a different one to everyone else as most people are cutting off the part where he criticised the referee, whilst complaining he didn't criticise the referee.

He’s not wrong. It’s plain stupid from Morelos. Just stand and celebrate in front of the Rangers fans and leave the wee Motherwell neds to greet to themselves.

What would he hope to achieve by commenting on a sky tv interview? No matter what he said - it won’t lead to a change of events or improvement in officials

Another ridiculous thread

Sorry but the last thing you do is just lay down and take it. That’s the only bit that’s ridiculous, remarking on the inconsistency of it and the 3 glaring penalties in 3 consecutive domestic games not awarded may not force change, but to just let it go altogether just isn’t acceptable, whether you’re Waburton, Pedro, Murty or Gerrard.

Why? Its true. There are ways he could have worded his comments towards the Ref but he did need to open his mouth about the Ref's handling on this match..Its shocking he didnt
He did, blatantly condemned the referees handling of the match. He clearly pointed out that the ref was desperate to send someone off.

It's almost like some people (lots in fact) just don't like Gerrard and will never accept him. Even after a very good away win they are looking for something, anything to throw at him.
It was undeniably a yellow card with the current rules. If he comes to the interview whingeing that Celtic don't get those decisions he'd look quite childish and would get slaughtered from all quarters.
Seemed to me he handled it in a professional dignified way.

Didn't see the interview but he has to call out the penalty at the very least.

It doesn't get any clearer than that today and it's a recurring theme.

It's almost like some people (lots in fact) just don't like Gerrard and will never accept him. Even after a very good away win they are looking for something, anything to throw at him.
It was undeniably a yellow card with the current rules. If he comes to the interview whingeing that Celtic don't get those decisions he'd look quite childish and would get slaughtered from all quarters.
Seemed to me he handled it in a professional dignified way.
Not to mention that in order to say Celtic he has to acknowledge it was a 2nd booking for Morelos. He called out Robertson handling of the match but there is little else he can say without being brought up on charges or slated.

We have Rangers back largely due to the gaffer and his teams tremendous work however, I'm disappointed with gerrard today, meekly accepting another shocking refereeing performance. Blatant penalty, two ridiculous bookings for Alfie, and allowing Motherwell to boot us all over the park. We need to be challenging this.

The problem I have with this is Lego done it at end of old firm last season towards the gers fans went all the way to the compliance officer and low and behold no case to answer . What a surprise! That is what’s getting up most of our fans noses the double standards.

I'm really not happy with that interview. Looks like the club are just going to keep accepting being refereed to a different standard.
There our problem, i dont think Gerrard knows fully the extent of religious prejudice against our club by officials or maybe he doesnt want to believe it for his own reasons i dont know, whatever the reason accepting decisions like those 2 yellows on Morelas is not going to eradicate it, i suppose it will make it worse.

The problem I have with this is Lego done it at end of old firm last season towards the gers fans went all the way to the compliance officer and low and behold no case to answer . What a surprise! That is what’s getting up most of our fans noses the double standards.
Gerrard does not think Catholic referees are biased against us why, i dont know why but there you go.

I love our gaffer.

I despair sometimes.

He didn’t say he had no complaints about double standards, he was asked about the second caution.

Cast your mind back to the piggery where his reaction to Brown not receiving a sanction for the exact same thing got him a touchline ban. He is being consistent.

What he should be saying is, we accept the red card but our club will be looking at future similar incidents to be dealt with in the same way. If not,we want to know why.
You just know a certain other club would do the same.

The comparison to how difficult it is for other teams to get a red card against us is fcuking mind boggling! ..... see the Aberdeen game and Hearts 90 mins as other recent examples of this.

Back