Gerrard on summer transfers

I should clarify again mate - I want top dollar for them as much as anyone does - but we have to be rational here, it’s not about how much we’re demanding for our players, it’s about who has the financial resources to buy them. I remain unconvinced that there’s an EPL side ready to take Alfredo for £20M or Tav for £7/8M. I think over inflating the value of our players is only going to harm us in the long term.

Seems to have worked fine for the Dhims across the city. Start high then see what you can agree on rather than starting low and shaking hands with the first bidder seems kinda sensible to me. We should be difficult to deal with because, if we are not, then we’re probably not getting top dollar.

Seems to have worked fine for the Dhims across the city. Start high then see what you can agree on rather than starting low and shaking hands with the first bidder seems kinda sensible to me. We should be difficult to deal with because, if we are not, then we’re probably not getting top dollar.
My only fear with that is that if we play hardball and deals fall through, alfredo’s form might take a turn for the worse and we neither sell him nor have him banging in goals for fun. However I do have confidence in Gerrard and Allan, far smarter men than I when it comes to transfers etc. Let’s wait and see.

I should clarify again mate - I want top dollar for them as much as anyone does - but we have to be rational here, it’s not about how much we’re demanding for our players, it’s about who has the financial resources to buy them. I remain unconvinced that there’s an EPL side ready to take Alfredo for £20M or Tav for £7/8M. I think over inflating the value of our players is only going to harm us in the long term.

This is a great point and something often missed. There's a difference between over-valuation by a considerable margin and demanding top buck for the players.

This is a great point and something often missed. There's a difference between over-valuation by a considerable margin and demanding top buck for the players.
Cardiff paid 17 million for a lower french league 1 team 27 year old striker , never capped by Argentina at any level.

The market is changing year on year and 7 million for a right back is pocket change, remember we sold Hutton for 8 million over 10 years ago.

Cardiff paid 17 million for a lower french league 1 team 27 year old striker , never capped by Argentina at any level.

The market is changing year on year and 7 million for a right back is pocket change, remember we sold Hutton for 8 million over 10 years ago.

Yes, but all of the top European leagues are regarded as higher value than Scotland. Comparing our deals to the big leagues is pointless.

Hutton played in the Champions League.

You do remember Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes went for £12 million each?
Just let that sink in!we will would get £25million minimum for Morelos and tav

Reactions: cav
Yes, but all of the top European leagues are regarded as higher value than Scotland. Comparing our deals to the big leagues is pointless.

Hutton played in the Champions League.
I don't understand this playing 4 games in the champions league suddenly elevates your value. Unless its been done on a consistent basis year in year out over an extended period of games. That didnt happen with Hutton i'm sure

Back