Get your Champions Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s the case fair play to the guy, send me a donation link and I’ll fire across £.

His post was a dig at guys like me saying we actively look to slaughter you and your pub; I certainly don’t so it’s a lie

My dig was at lots of folk who just love a whinge at the louden from their rolls to price of drink happens all season when fans are allowed in nothing personal to you. Anyway I'm no getting in an arguement here no worth the banning that might occur.

WATP

Have you even read the thread?

I'm pretty sure it was established that these were around £34 to make and then the postage and VAT etc was added on?

Where are you getting your "made for a fiver a go" stuff from?

Its shameful, and I think without being to harsh shows the mentality.

Can you show me where I ever slaughtered any RSC? I never took tickets away from other fans, I made sure that the ones that hardly missed a game got them.
So why does helping out an RSC collate information annoy you?
Do you think I should have distanced myself from an RSC using The Louden Name, Really, If you had a pub would you not let your regulars use your pub's name?
Your idea was to get your regulars who had no intention of going to away matches to sign up to your bus, more members in theory, and join the CCCS scheme to accumulate more then you could give them away.

I remember the thread well, and your desperate attemps to justify what your plan was.

Cant believe some folk think the Rangers flags in our trophy room cost £3 to make, deary me, This thread is embarrassing and in truth is nothing more than a backlash for other reasons and for these posters to put the boot in.

Needs locked as its shameful.

The thread should remain as an example of just how eager some of us are to put the boot in.

Folk using this flag issue to bring up other personal issues they seem to have with The Louden.
People spreading outright lies about the cost of the flags, the quality etc.

Can someone correct me if any of the following is wrong:

The Louden had championship flags made for the pub that are replicas on the ones in Rangers' trophy room.
Many customers ask the management about the flags and enquire about getting one.
These flags normally cost £34 from the manufacturer.
Once the postage and vat is added The Louden can sell the flags for £55 and make £9 profit on each flag.

Message anyone on DHgate. They will be happy to oblige you.

I asked for a Embroidery company that sell replicas like we have in the trophy room.

Not some polyster flags from china, I can buy these outside the ground.

Once again show me a like for like product!

Message anyone on DHgate. They will be happy to oblige you.

LOL. So you found a manufacturer in China who can make cheap flags for less than a fiver.

That's not what's being sold here though.

So the logic here is "a flag is a flag" and anyone selling anything above mystery Chinese factory quality is ripping people off because flags can be got on the cheap from Beijing?

The thread should remain as an example of just how eager some of us are to put the boot in.

Folk using this flag issue to bring up other personal issues they seem to have with The Louden.
People spreading outright lies about the cost of the flags, the quality etc.

Can someone correct me if any of the following is wrong:

The Louden had championship flags made for the pub that are replicas on the ones in Rangers' trophy room.
Many customers ask the management about the flags and enquire about getting one.
These flags normally cost £34 from the manufacturer.
Once the postage and vat is added The Louden can sell the flags for £55 and make £9 profit on each flag.

m8 they are comparing them to polyester flags imported from china on DHgate. Its embarrassing.

But I agree it is now becoming funny and shows the mentality

Re your interpretation of being fleeced, a dictionary definition is; to take someone’s money dishonestly, by charging too much money or cheating them.

I know there will be a million interpretations of that on the board.

The crux of the matter in this dispute is ‘do the flags cost £3 to make?’ One party says they don’t the other says they do. Who is right?

Seller prices the flags at £55 stating they only make single figure profits. Seller was challenged by someone saying the flags cost £3 to make, seller responds saying they don’t and the person should be ashamed. There was no response from the seller when the respondent made it known that they make the flags and know the cost. That seems suspicious. If I was the seller, I would be refuting everything and pass to my solicitor for advice, after all, my honesty and integrity is being questioned on a social media platform.

The simplest way the seller could prove the cost would be by providing a copy of the purchase invoice for the flags. That should be easy as it needs to be retained for HMRC purposes and would close the dispute.

If the flags really do cost £3 to make and are being sold for £55, that is shameful, what is also shameful is charging fellow fans £55 and others trying to justify the charge by saying ‘it’s business’ ‘seen a gap in the market’ ‘it’s not fleecing fans’ ‘you have a choice to buy it or not’ ‘no one is forcing you to buy it’ ad finitum.

I guess everyone supporting the £55 cost would be content if there was an 800% mark up on your home, car, clothes, food shopping, electronic purchases etc. I’d imagine that you would be as equally enthused and content if a family member (especially a son, daughter, nephew, niece) purchased a flag for £55 with you knowing the £3 cost price.
There are no companies who would embroider anything for £3.

I asked for a Embroidery company that sell replicas like we have in the trophy room.

Not some polyster flags from china, I can buy these outside the ground.

Once again show me a like for like product!
Show you a like for like product? He’s not even got one to show you get. He has a 2010 one ffs.

If China can make high quality football replica tops for a tenner I’m sure they will manage to make an embroidered flag. He’s not hand making them out of of satin.

There are no companies who would embroider anything for £3.

m8 are you not embarrassed we have to reiterate this in a Rangers forum where we class ourselves as the people! What is the real issue here? Surely we have all had a decent education?

Show you a like for like product? He’s not even got one to show you get. He has a 2010 one ffs.

If China can make high quality football replica tops for a tenner I’m sure they will manage to make an embroidered flag. He’s not hand making them out of of satin.

oh you are sure now, so admit it and save face. You are talking shit with no facts

Not when you can get the flags made for a fiver a go anyway. This is worse than his £5 entry fee to watch games.
I said earlier in the thread what a comparable cost of a good flag or bannerette that was fully embroidered was. I’ll give a couple of examples now, just from a Google search of what’s online, as well as what I know from years in bands:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Banneret...er-RBP-ABOD-Flute-Bands-Belfast-/254712313458

https://victor-stewart.com/product/appliqued-fully-embroidered-bannerette/

Now, if you go for a standard flag etc then it obviously costs less. Part of the cost would be the design template. Scale it down to the size we are talking about here and the sums become more understandable.

Anyone who walks in a band knows the light years difference in quality from flags you can get for a £10 at most.

So, to conclude: if these are of the same quality as those in our trophy room, they will not be costing £5.

I don‘t want one, I don’t know Robert nor do I have any desire to get into the “Louden debate” but I do think this needs to be outlined for the people who on face value alone are calling it a ripoff.

Even if it was, you can only be ripped off if you choose to be ripped off. Buyers perogative.

FFS Admins, lock thread and allow us to enjoy our season without the nonsense and the embarrassment of fellow bears talking through their arse.

m8 they are comparing them to polyester flags imported from china on DHgate. Its embarrassing.

But I agree it is now becoming funny and shows the mentality

I know mate, it's bloody hilarious.

I expect these lads to be coming on when the "55" merch gets released and moaning because they can cut holes in an old bedsheet and paint "55" on it and anyone can make those for a pound a go.

"Sure, I can get slave labor from China to make these for less than a fiver, it's a rip off!"

In the Glasgow area I think you'd be looking at something like this:

So about £250 for a large flag excluding shipping.
Obviously these are a lot smaller but they aren't going to cost a fiver each.

Its simple, if you want one buy it. If you don't move on, whats the problem?

The problem is the Louden are getting it hard from members on here who are comparing these flags with a chinese site who make polyester flags with anything you want printed on them with ink. lmao

And calling them like for like.

The problem is the Louden are getting it hard from members on here who are comparing these flags with a chinese site who make polyster flags with anything you want printed on them with ink. lmao

And calling them like for like.
quick question

did you use to be in the RSA/Alliance or any other fan group

off topic i know but you ring a bell

Right I'm now officially bored with this thread, so before I go I will do my job and leave with a few positive facts about The Louden

We took over a shambles that was the Stadium Bar, we turned it, with a lot of hard work and sometimes really difficult circumstances, into a World-Class Venue for Rangers Supporters.
No one apart from an extremely confident person would have started the journey that we have done.
Four months after acquiring the Stadium The Club went into Admin and endured years of uncertainty.
Not only have the fans been loyal to our Club but have given us incredible support in The Louden.
When most of all the other pubs have closed and hardly put a lick of paint on their premises, we have continued with our upgrades since the first Lockdown
We are in the final weeks of completing our new toilets, which to be honest are stunning.
We are replacing all the frames and memorabilia in the Bar and upgrading the servery bar itself
People will notice the amount of work we have put into this to make sure our fans have the best possible surroundings on a Matchday
In the ten years or so that we have had The Louden we have tried to help every single person we could who were trying to raise funds for their various Charities or RSC funds
We have given tens of thousands of pounds of prizes and cash which in turn has raised even more for different causes
There are plenty on here who could confirm this
So to the fans that support The Louden I would like to thank you all'
To the rest that just keeps being negative towards us, you are wasting your time and I hope you find something in your life to be positive about in these extremely unusual circumstances

Last edited:
Your idea was to get your regulars who had no intention of going to away matches to sign up to your bus, more members in theory, and join the CCCS scheme to accumulate more then you could give them away.

I remember the thread well, and your desperate attemps to justify what your plan was.
My post was about how easy it would be to circumvent the rules
Anyone who actually thought I wanted 2000 names must be two shorts short of a picnic

"We’re a pub so affected more than most"

Absolutely no irony in him using the same excuse as the mahnks used for losing the league.

£55 what a rip off merchant

Then you will get the patter of Rangers pubs, use it or lose it.

Aye just dont use the ones that try to rip bears off
We are affected more than most as we don't sell food or do carry-outs. We were first closed and be last open
Anything else you fail to understand?

My post was about how easy it would be to circumvent the rules
Anyone who actually thought I wanted 2000 names must be two shorts short of a picnic

2000 was obviously said in jest but you collected enough names to ensure you achieved the requirement to start up an RSC - whether you had enough for A+ isn’t for me to speculate

The above is factual

We are affected more than most as we don't sell food or do carry-outs. We were first closed and be last open
Anything else you fail to understand?
You are affected the same as any other pub that didnt sell food or carry outs.

You dish out pies, sausage rolls etc so you must have food hygiene so could have pivotted your business model like thousands of others.

But my part was more about you lacking the ability to identify you are using the sams excuse that Liewell, Lennon and Bankier has on why the mentally challengeds lost the league "affected by covid more than any other"

2000 was obviously said in jest but you collected enough names to ensure you achieved the requirement to start up an RSC - whether you had enough for A+ isn’t for me to speculate

The above is factual
They already had most of their names, the Pub used to put on two buses for Hampden and it was the people off them that wanted to start an RSC
I have nothing to do with the running of the RSC.
We have enough running the Edmiston, oh sorry The Louden

Was the negativity on this thread really about some flags? Im not so sure after some comments that have followed.

There are always deniers
Which ones do you think are more famous?
Well youre the guy who said the Louden in Duke St was The Most Famous.....
seriously though, no need to claim to be the most famous Robert. It’s a bit disrespectful to many famous Blue Nose pubs and clubs some of them just along the road and some just across the river from you have been around a lot longer.
You‘re all great Rangers pubs to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back