Get your Champions Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not right here. Dunno if it’s true they cost 3 quid to make, but they’re selling a set of 9IAR flags for £20, so how can 1 be £55?

I wouldn’t mind having one but not at that price

Vat in hospitality settings (pubs) have reduced vat to 5% apart from alcohol sales until 31st March (including food, entry fees, soft drinks and sundry sales).

The vat payable from £55.00 is £2.62 at 5% deduction for vat leaving £52.38 net for cost, postage and profit.

Single digit profit seems unlikely. Just saying :D

It's not for me anyway (at this price).

For me fleecing someone os charging over the odds for something people need. Like folk trebling the price of toilet roll and hand sanitiser at 1st lockdown. This isnt that. If folk want to pay £55, and im not one of them, its up to them. If someone sees a niche in the market and does them cheaper, fair play. All that has happened here is the Louden have seen an opportunity and ran with it.
Re your interpretation of being fleeced, a dictionary definition is; to take someone’s money dishonestly, by charging too much money or cheating them.

I know there will be a million interpretations of that on the board.

The crux of the matter in this dispute is ‘do the flags cost £3 to make?’ One party says they don’t the other says they do. Who is right?

Seller prices the flags at £55 stating they only make single figure profits. Seller was challenged by someone saying the flags cost £3 to make, seller responds saying they don’t and the person should be ashamed. There was no response from the seller when the respondent made it known that they make the flags and know the cost. That seems suspicious. If I was the seller, I would be refuting everything and pass to my solicitor for advice, after all, my honesty and integrity is being questioned on a social media platform.

The simplest way the seller could prove the cost would be by providing a copy of the purchase invoice for the flags. That should be easy as it needs to be retained for HMRC purposes and would close the dispute.

If the flags really do cost £3 to make and are being sold for £55, that is shameful, what is also shameful is charging fellow fans £55 and others trying to justify the charge by saying ‘it’s business’ ‘seen a gap in the market’ ‘it’s not fleecing fans’ ‘you have a choice to buy it or not’ ‘no one is forcing you to buy it’ ad finitum.

I guess everyone supporting the £55 cost would be content if there was an 800% mark up on your home, car, clothes, food shopping, electronic purchases etc. I’d imagine that you would be as equally enthused and content if a family member (especially a son, daughter, nephew, niece) purchased a flag for £55 with you knowing the £3 cost price.

Hmm, strange. Maybe a rethink is required here. I won't come on here to slag other Rangers fans, your choice if you want to buy, nobody forcing you.

At the end of the day business men are there to make money Otherwise they would not be in business. Supply and demand.

Forums are for discussion. There is no need to get personal but everyone has their right to have their tuppence worth about the price of said flags, if people feel comfortable paying that price then it is up to them.

No need to get into petty squabbles and bickering like children about it.

Re your interpretation of being fleeced, a dictionary definition is; to take someone’s money dishonestly, by charging too much money or cheating them.

The crux of the matter in this dispute is ‘do the flags cost £3 to make?’ One party says they don’t the other says they do. Who is right?

Seller prices the flags at £55 stating they only make single figure profits. Seller was challenged by someone saying the flags cost £3 to make, seller responds saying they don’t and the person should be ashamed. There was no response from the seller when the respondent made it known that they make the flags and know the cost. That seems suspicious. If I was the seller, I would be refuting everything and pass to my solicitor for advice, after all, my honesty and integrity is being questioned on a social media platform.

The simplest way the seller could prove the cost would be by providing a copy of the purchase invoice for the flags. That should be easy as it needs to be retained for HMRC purposes and would close the dispute.

If the flags really do cost £3 to make and are being sold for £55, that is shameful, what is also shameful is charging fellow fans £55 and others trying to justify the charge by saying ‘it’s business’ ‘seen a gap in the market’ ‘it’s not fleecing fans’ ‘you have a choice to buy it or not’ ‘no one is forcing you to buy it’ ad finitum.

I guess everyone supporting the £55 cost would be content if there was an 800% mark up on your home, car, clothes, food shopping, electronic purchases etc. I’d imagine that you would be as equally enthused and content if a family member (especially a son, daughter, nephew, niece) purchased a flag for £55 with you knowing the £3 cost price.
The person who makes them says they’re £35. RM has (I think) posted the name of the company that makes them on here as well. Now regardless of whether people say they are £3 or not, it doesn’t matter. I would like to see one of these £3 ones, but the simple facts are as of right now, they don’t exist in anything other than WhatsApp groups and imaginations.

If someone asked me to produce a purchasing invoice to prove my costings on the internet for stuff I sell, my response wouldn’t be anywhere near as calm as RM’s has been.

If I walked into Forbes in Royal Exchange Square and asked for a woven check waistcoat that costs whatever price, I’m not going to demand to see their purchasing invoice because someone on Twitter says they can get a waistcoat with a similar printed design for a fiver off AliBaba.

Must be some amount of posters on here that refuse to buy anything more than Primark £3 T-shirts or £6 waterproof jackets from the cash n carry.

If people know this and are still willing to pay what does it matter? It is their money, their choice.
I wont be purchasing one but I certainly wont be getting upset if anyone chooses to spend their own money how they wish.

Can you show me where I ever slaughtered any RSC? I never took tickets away from other fans, I made sure that the ones that hardly missed a game got them.
So why does helping out an RSC collate information annoy you?
Do you think I should have distanced myself from an RSC using The Louden Name, Really, If you had a pub would you not let your regulars use your pub's name?
But you supported the reduction to 800 for Celtic away....a good number of Loyal miss that particular game

But how do you defend your policy of getting Loyal fans to away games when it comes to Celtic?
Curiosity killed the cat

Makes the Hatton Garden heist look like somebody grabbing an extra chocolate mouse out the pick and mix at a cinema.

£55 for something that would cost under a fiver at the very most to make is this some sort of joke I’ve not read the thread just the first post - I’m going to guess that this is a wind up and must’ve meant £5.50.

Parking the price issue for a second i, and no Englishman i know, would ever buy anything with the Saltire on it. Been much more popular down here with the Union as a background.

Mad Rab’s been fleecing Bears for years and I don’t have a problem with it. If you’re idiotic enough to buy it (or go to his pub for that matter) that’s on you.
I go to the The Louden regularly and there is f luck all wrong with it.Maybe it's tight arses like yerrself who complains about £4 a pint.

Parking the price issue for a second i, and no Englishman i know, would ever buy anything with the Saltire on it. Been much more popular down here with the Union as a background.
Given its the Scottish premier league amd the flags have always been like this I dont get your point. It's a Rangers title winning pennant, its about Rangers, its about history. Why wouldnt you buy Rangers related merchandise?

So, these flags, as sold by The Louden not any cheap lookalike, cannot be bought for £3 then - its just the usual internet bullshit started by attention-seekers by the sound of things?

It would, however, appear they can be purchased elsewhere for £35 plus postage etc.

Seems fairly simple, in that case, buy from whichever outlet you choose or think is the most reliable. Looks like The Louden version is more expensive, but I'm not sure that takes us straight into 'ripping the fans off' territory. Without comparing the two products who can tell?

If you think its too expensive - from either source - don't buy it. Same as with the Castore gear folk are so fond of whining about. None of this stuff is a compulsory purchase.

Some on here have an irrational dislike of The Louden and its Proprietor. Baffling in all honesty.

Because it's got the Saltire on it...I already said.

Maybe Wee Nicola Krankie will buy one.
Aye ok:rolleyes:
Mate im as pro Union as they come. A Saltire isnt snp or independence. Its Scotland. We are a Scottish team and rightly are proud of the Saltire and the Union flag.
Im sure the irony of having a Scottish teams badge on a St George's flag isnt lost on you?

So, these flags, as sold by The Louden not any cheap lookalike, cannot be bought for £3 then - its just the usual internet bullshit started by attention-seekers by the sound of things?

It would, however, appear they can be purchased elsewhere for £35 plus postage etc.

Seems fairly simple, in that case, buy from whichever outlet you choose or think is the most reliable. Looks like The Louden version is more expensive, but I'm not sure that takes us straight into 'ripping the fans off' territory. Without comparing the two products who can tell?

If you think its too expensive - from either source - don't buy it. Same as with the Castore gear folk are so fond of whining about. None of this stuff is a compulsory purchase.

Some on here have an irrational dislike of The Louden and its Proprietor. Baffling in all honesty.
I agree with this.

Although, you make him seem important with the use of a capital letter.

Not only baffling but tedious. Some folk in here would be better logging on to mumsnet.

I agree with this.

Although, you make him seem important with the use of a capital letter.
Ha ha. 50 years since my Higher English mate so I'm not going to argue over common nouns and proper nouns. Instinctively it felt right to me that it be capitalised so 'gut instinct' rules in this case.

I don't know Mr Marshall, by the way, and I don't think I've been in The Louden since he acquired the establishment.

Ha ha. 50 years since my Higher English mate so I'm not going to argue over common nouns and proper nouns. Instinctively it felt right to me that it be capitalised so 'gut instinct' rules in this case.

I don't know Mr Marshall, by the way, and I don't think I've been in The Louden since he acquired the establishment.
I, jest.

Back to the cricket for me.

Wouldn't buy one seems far too expensive for what it is also dont see much value in the quality argument either but each to their own if people want to buy it go for it

Well if the louden tavern isnt making a big profit on them let them tell us what the profit is then.
What is that got to do with you me or the dogs in the street ? The only people who would worry is the buyer and seller and even then if you buy one then your happy to what ever profit is being made or more to the fact that you don’t actually care as long as the product is right

Can I ask why you support a Scottish team then?

Separate the 2 if you would. I love everything about a football team but absolutely nothing about a country...the fact that Rangers are a Scottish team is irrelevant.

Like I already said before the flag , for that reason, is not for me.

I will hopefully leave it at that now.

Separate the 2 if you would. I love everything about a football team but absolutely nothing about a country...the fact that Rangers are a Scottish team is irrelevant.

Like I already said before the flag , for that reason, is not for me.

I will hopefully leave it at that now.
Very strange. Each to their own.
I can understand why you would attach yourself to a successful club as following Wigan you wont have a lot to cheer about.

Vat in hospitality settings (pubs) have reduced vat to 5% apart from alcohol sales until 31st March (including food, entry fees, soft drinks and sundry sales).

The vat payable from £55.00 is £2.62 at 5% deduction for vat leaving £52.38 net for cost, postage and profit.

You make a good point, he feels the need to say there is vat on the item plus recorded delivery to try and justify the stupid price then comes on here to argue his case, thinks we are all mugs.. Another PR disaster from this pub.

Can people please stop peddling bullshit in order to try and get one over the Louden here. Here are the facts regarding VAT reduction for hospitality venues:

Affected supplies
The following supplies will benefit from the temporary 5% reduced rate of VAT:

Where does this include merchandise, clothing or any other non food related products?

Now, I have no affiliation to RM or the Louden but I think you should apologise for trying to create animosity amongst the support by peddling complete lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back