Giving Grezda a run of 9-10 games!

Gecekondu

Time to move on from Europe and concentrate on the League. The chopping and changing of the team at times can be excused with a hectic schedule but now we need to look at playing a settled team.

Grezda has shown flashes of what he can do and now needs to have a run of games instead of this playing one game, missing the next.Wingers more than any other position need to be playing each week and are confidence players. Weve paid over £2 million for the boy and hes now fit, so lets see what he can do with a run of games.

Barasic and Katic said he was the best player in the Osijek team so lets see it now. Never going to see it with any player when they are in and out the team, i know he has had injury problems but hes fit now and looking sharper.

He wasnt even played last night. The gaffer actually went for a central player out wide before playing him. Think that shows ye that hes not good enuff. A hope am wrong but based what av seen both from his starts and subs a cant see him being that good for us. Wouldnt be surprised if hes moved on end of season

Grezda is coming back from a long term injury,so I am willing to give him time. He clearly has ability but goes down a bit easy for my liking.

He wasnt even played last night. The gaffer actually went for a central player out wide before playing him. Think that shows ye that hes not good enuff. A hope am wrong but based what av seen both from his starts and subs a cant see him being that good for us. Wouldnt be surprised if hes moved on end of season

Why didn't you just phone up Gerrard and tell him he was useless before we signed him, save us the money. Even better why didn't you post this after the Hearts game when he was one of the best players on the park.

How about giving players some time to settle.

Listen if he plays one bad game he will be completely written off. It's the FF way.

I would give him a run of matches it's what he needs.

I was a bit alarmed at how easily he was dispossessed last night despite coming on as a fresh player.

There has been positive signs though and playing him ahead of Borna on the left should be the next step.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but he really needs a run of games. We simply need this guy to come good. Kent is out for a few weeks, Middleton has shown he isn't ready to be a regular starter, give Grezda a run of games and let's see what he can do.

I am not entirely sure about the lad, but give him a good run of games then we will find out if he is the real deal.

2 or 3 would be a start!!

Middleton isn't ready to play regularly in my opinion and Kent may well be out for a few weeks again.

Play Grezda left with Barisic behind him and have Candeias in front of Tavernier on the other.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack
Rossiter Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda
The Rossiter position, could be any one of McCrorie, Coulibaly or Rossiter himself. Personally, if he stays fit, its time to see if he can produce the goods until January anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barisic is left out on Sunday though with the next run of 4 games in mind. Obviously Lafferty replaces Morelos as well.

Last edited:

Or that he's maybe not up to speed/100% match fitness due to him arriving injured, meaning no pre-season and then suffering a fitness setback. Or we could just dismiss the guy after a couple of mins on the park. Hmmmmmmmm

Can’t agree more and he needs to play in front of barisic.

It’s time to pick a strongest 11 and back then every week bar injuries and suspensions.

McGregor
Tav-Goldson-Katic-barisic

Jack- mccrorie

Kent - Arfield- grezda

Morelos.

With Davis to slot in hopefully and maybe one more midfielder who is a class above what we have. Let’s have continuity now.

I think he’s weak, seems to get thrown off the ball too easy, hopefully he’ll strengthen up. Think he’s got skill.

There is something not right. An 18 year old boy should not be starting a key match ahead of a full international bought for £2m. I hope it's just fitness.

Indeed. Folk are in denial regarding Grezda's fitness. He's been training for months now.

Gerrard is playing an 18 year old who's not ready to be starting every week for us ahead of him.

Indeed. Folk are in denial regarding Grezda's fitness. He's been training for months now.

Gerrard is playing an 18 year old who's not ready to be starting every week for us ahead of him.

Michael Owen was starting for Liverpool at 17 and scoring for England at 18.

I don't get this age thing at all. Middleton is 18, full of energy and running and is a better footballer than Grezda. I don't care how much Grezda cost or how many internationals he's played. His performance at Dundee was disgraceful and has shown nothing at all for us to think he's going to get better.

I don't get this age thing at all. Middleton is 18, full of energy and running and is a better footballer than Grezda. I don't care how much Grezda cost or how many internationals he's played. His performance at Dundee was disgraceful and has shown nothing at all for us to think he's going to get better.

Gerrard seems to fancy Middleton more. No doubt about that.

Which is a worry because Middleton isn't ready to play every week for us yet.

He really needs to play on the left so he can cut in on his right foot, this will allow space for Barisic to overlap into.
When Middleton plays with Barisic he stays out wide and their is no space for the overlap.
It will also allow us to be closer to Morelos for link up play.
Bring Middletonnon when the game is stretched and their is space in behind.

Eh? Was one of our better players against Dundee in the first half then faded like the rest.

Middleton has talent but he's been a bit of a one trick pony the past 2/3 games and once defenders realise he'll just try and go outside he's easier to defend against.

Grezda is better than Middleton at this stage and needs games to be given a chance to nail a place down

Can’t agree more and he needs to play in front of barisic.

It’s time to pick a strongest 11 and back then every week bar injuries and suspensions.

McGregor
Tav-Goldson-Katic-barisic

Jack- mccrorie

Kent - Arfield- grezda

Morelos.

With Davis to slot in hopefully and maybe one more midfielder who is a class above what we have. Let’s have continuity now.

Play this and stick with it for a month and see where it takes us.

He needs to work on his strength.

Seems to bounce off of folk and gets brushed off the ball far too easily.

Eh? Was one of our better players against Dundee in the first half then faded like the rest.

Middleton has talent but he's been a bit of a one trick pony the past 2/3 games and once defenders realise he'll just try and go outside he's easier to defend against.

Grezda is better than Middleton at this stage and needs games to be given a chance to nail a place down

Against Dundee he had one run into the box at the bye-line in the first half, no end product.

Whenever he lost the ball, to say he jogged back would be an overstatement. The amount of times I caught him walking and not on his toes was a joke.

He was abysmal.

Because he’s not been good enough on a consistent basis. That’s not to say he won’t be, but Middleton has been hot and cold, with more prevelance to the cold side. He needs time out the side.

There’s no way that Middleton could be considered a better player than Grezda at this point and time.

Against Dundee he had one run into the box at the bye-line in the first half, no end product.

Whenever he lost the ball, to say he jogged back would be an overstatement. The amount of times I caught him walking and not on his toes was a joke.

He was abysmal.
He set up the Lafferty 'goal' as well as that, so he does have an end product. I'm not going to sit and say he's been amazing for us but he's shown signs that he could be a direct, exciting option for us, and given he's barely had a run of games I'm not going to start writing him off just yet.

2 or 3 would be a start!!

Middleton isn't ready to play regularly in my opinion and Kent may well be out for a few weeks again.

Play Grezda left with Barisic behind him and have Candeias in front of Tavernier on the other.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack
Rossiter Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda
The Rossiter position, could be any one of McCrorie, Coulibaly or Rossiter himself. Personally, if he stays fit, its time to see if he can produce the goods until January anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barisic is left out on Sunday though with the next run of 4 games in mind. Obviously Lafferty replaces Morelos as well.

This is the team I'd like to see Sunday. And then all going well give them a few games as a whole team starting together.

He was man of the match against Motherwell and our best player in the first half against Hearts. Hes started 3 games.

I was a bit alarmed at how easily he was dispossessed last night despite coming on as a fresh player.

There has been positive signs though and playing him ahead of Borna on the left should be the next step.
Lack of confidence due to being in and out of the team

Because he’s not been good enough on a consistent basis. That’s not to say he won’t be, but Middleton has been hot and cold, with more prevelance to the cold side. He needs time out the side.

There’s no way that Middleton could be considered a better player than Grezda at this point and time.

The manager clearly does though....

We need £2m players to be Motm's away from home in tight games.

Not 7-1 routs against poor opposition.

Well he hasnt had the opportunity to do that apart from Dundee and Hearts. The later he was best player until he was taken off. The dundee game was poor like everyone else.

Back