Goldson - Staying another 4 years!!!

Play off with Forrest on Sunday is perhaps key in his decision making.

If Forrest fail....
He perhaps has a decision to make with us.

I personally would have closed the door on him by now. I want to see a change at the back. It time. That means new CB's and a new Keeper.

We need to try and get to the next level.
Not saying it will be easy but we have to try.

If thats true then its a bit mad its either Forrest or us…

Forrest will be the whipping boys of the Premier league next season, poor Connor.

And yes…he’s moving for family reasons…BUT has this been confirmed anywhere with actual quotes?

If thats true then its a bit mad its either Forrest or us…

Forrest will be the whipping boys of the Premier league next season, poor Connor.

And yes…he’s moving for family reasons…BUT has this been confirmed anywhere with actual quotes?
Personally I don't think Goldson is going to Forest - unless they make the Premier League via the Play-Off Final. Hence nothing being confirmed as yet. They get pumped and he moves elsewhere - though I do think he will leave Ibrox unfortunately.

Saw him at Hampden so looks like he is singing for QP also saw him at Bournemouth at the same time so maybe going to them.
He has not signed for Rangers again so what does it matter to us where he goes.
If he no longer wants to play for us I dont care what he does so thank you and and good luck and goodbye

I hope he can be convinced to stay.
Center-backs mature in their thirties and the only question mark will concern their fitness and their body's ability to continue with the stress of the position.
I wouldn't have taken Davie Weir at Ibrox during his twenties, but by his thirties, he was becoming the complete center-back.

The next four years may well be the best period of Connor Goldson's entire footballing career from the point of view of his fitness converging with his onfield experience.
To replace that would take at the very least 5 million, plus the wages that go with it.
When you consider that Connor never misses a game, then his fitness and his desire cannot be questioned, when you add to this that he understands the club on and off the field, then you have something that might take a replacement a season to fully understand.

Financially, offering him a substantial signing-on fee and an increase in wages and a four-year contract, would surely make financial sense for Rangers and it would surely offer Connor the security he is looking for as a young married man?
Thus neither Rangers or Connor are making a gamble with uncertainty and we especially retain the foundation upon which much of this season relied upon.
Connor Goldson is very good fit at Ibrox for a number of reasons.

Sky hype up a Super Sunday double header of Burnley v Watford followed by Everton v West Ham ...then Monday night football Crystal Palace v Norwich ..utter dross yet they'd have us believe we're watching 1970 Brazil.
That's what they do to sell their product. What do you want them to say? Welcome to Monday night football, but I recommend you get yourselves something else to do as this will be dross.

I don’t want to be short here but what can he possibly say that wil make a difference either way to the football club. It’s a football club not a social media soap opera.

I hope he can be convinced to stay.
Center-backs mature in their thirties and the only question mark will concern their fitness and their body's ability to continue with the stress of the position.
I wouldn't have taken Davie Weir at Ibrox during his twenties, but by his thirties, he was becoming the complete center-back.

The next four years may well be the best period of Connor Goldson's entire footballing career from the point of view of his fitness converging with his onfield experience.
To replace that would take at the very least 5 million, plus the wages that go with it.
When you consider that Connor never misses a game, then his fitness and his desire cannot be questioned, when you add to this that he understands the club on and off the field, then you have something that might take a replacement a season to fully understand.

Financially, offering him a substantial signing-on fee and an increase in wages and a four-year contract, would surely make financial sense for Rangers and it would surely offer Connor the security he is looking for as a young married man?
Thus neither Rangers or Connor are making a gamble with uncertainty and we especially retain the foundation upon which much of this season relied upon.
Connor Goldson is very good fit at Ibrox for a number of reasons.
Couldn’t agree more, but the time to do that was long ago. We fucked it

Catch a grip ffs.

He's been ever present in a team that went a whole season undefeated and then made a European final.

It's madness here how we are so keen to talk our (ex) players down.
You've got your opinion like me, in the big moments he let's us down and that's why I will be shocked if villa take him, 2 massive mistakes plus an outside penalty shout and that was the europa league final,, the one for the goal is bewildering you wouldn't see that in a junior game never mind a top pro game, people saying he's not positioned right for the cross, tough, you still have to go and attempt to clear it. This isn't just about that game though there have been others, and he does like to pass blame, did you see lundstrams reaction to the goal ,, he knew who was at fault all right

You've got your opinion like me, in the big moments he let's us down and that's why I will be shocked if villa take him, 2 massive mistakes plus an outside penalty shout and that was the europa league final,, the one for the goal is bewildering you wouldn't see that in a junior game never mind a top pro game, people saying he's not positioned right for the cross, tough, you still have to go and attempt to clear it. This isn't just about that game though there have been others, and he does like to pass blame, did you see lundstrams reaction to the goal ,, he knew who was at fault all right
He was honking in the final. Passing was way off, should have conceded a penalty, and an absolute howler at their goal.

He’s not staying anyway, if he was we’d know by now. So I hope that’s him gone, because I don’t believe for a second he was giving his all at the start of the season either, and I don’t want him falling back on us just because his preferred choice didn’t make the Premier League or whatever the situation actually is. Either you want to play your football here or you don’t. And he is actually replaceable, 55 aside he’s always had a fair few gaffs in him.

That being said, I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up, because he was light years ahead of the majority of the jokers we had to suffer before his arrival, and he was sensational when we won 55. None of that can ever be taken away from him.

He was honking in the final. Passing was way off, should have conceded a penalty, and an absolute howler at their goal.

He’s not staying anyway, if he was we’d know by now. So I hope that’s him gone, because I don’t believe for a second he was giving his all at the start of the season either, and I don’t want him falling back on us just because his preferred choice didn’t make the Premier League or whatever the situation actually is. Either you want to play your football here or you don’t. And he is actually replaceable, 55 aside he’s always had a fair few gaffs in him.

That being said, I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up, because he was light years ahead of the majority of the jokers we had to suffer before his arrival, and he was sensational when we won 55. None of that can ever be taken away from him.
Great accurate post.

If he moves on , that is his choice, and thanks for the service but he will then be someone else's player and mean nothing to me , harsh? maybe but we have lost far better players , not interested in what platitudes he may come out with.

If a manager can leave mid season with just a tweet or IG post, I wouldn't expect and out of contract player to do anything

One thing that should be acknowledged here is the conduct of both big Goldson and Rangers

Hasn't been a peep for months if he was away or not ,no unsettling endless rumours of clubs he is going to in the media,( plenty on here though :D :D )
He conducted himself with top professionalism and class and whatever happens I wish him all the best in the future because he has been tremendous for us ,as we have for him.

Back