Graham Murty. Visibly upset / distraught / angry RTV

The guys doing the best he can in a position he’s clearly not comfortable in. Quite simple we need a manager.
No I don't buy that, he would have been asked if he thought he could do the job, not ordered to do it, clearly he thought he could, but the harsh reality is he has no attributes to suggest he can be a manager.

Reactions: M@x
Kevin Thomson continually states on BT that Kenny is our best player yet doesn't get any criticism because he's flavour of the month on here just now.

Surprised how much I disagreed with Thomson last night. He was wrong on Miller and he was wrong on the Dundee GK situation as well.

I can't even bring myself to watch Murty's interview, it'll just make me even more pissed off with this shambolic board.

It's a tough watch for a number of reasons

1. He's clearly an emotionally fragile man not cut out for top flight management
2. His demeanour is not one that suggests he commands respect in the dressing room.
3. How the fúck can the board watch that and keep him in situ for Wednesday I'll never understand. It will be a gross dereliction of duty if he's in charge midweek. Aberdeen will hammer us

My mind keeps going back to a picture of Kenny Miller and Dave King laughing and smiling together at one of Pedro's last games - can't remember which one. There's clearly something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Rangers that needs sorting out.
Kenny Miller and Dave King laughing and smiling together equals something wrong behind the scenes,things are bad enough without stuff being made up.
If they hadn' been speaking and looking glum would that also indicate something seriously wrong behind the Scenes?

I feel heart sorry for the guys how can anyone do a job with this shower of losers.

At least the guy cares so much so he’s just about greeting.

The board should be making an apology to the poor guy and appoint a new manager now.

Kenny Miller and Dave King laughing and smiling together equals something wrong behind the scenes,things are bad enough without stuff being made up.
If they hadn' been speaking and looking glum would that also indicate something seriously wrong behind the Scenes?
Agree far too much being made of this

Of course they've downed tools. The supply teacher is running the show and the kids are taking the piss.

Murty has been hung out to dry by the board but he has not made things easier for himself. Some of us said early doors that his "I'm your pal, lads" act would get him nowhere for long and he needed to start booting arses

This is a guy who captained a team to promotion in the EPL and played for his country so it's not as if he doesn't posses leadership ability.

What is apparently obvious is he lacks game management. He doesn't have a scooby how to change things. That's two weeks we've struggled second half and he's stood there frozen, chewing his jacket. I'm sorry but that's simply just not good enough.
Can't disagree with any that. It reminds of when we had McDowell standing in and desperate not to be there, loads of threads about the squad having about half a dozen players worth keeping so I don't want to be too hard on him especially when the board are hiding behind him.

I feel sorry for Murty. He has tried his best and is the focus of a lot of frustration caused by the Board not getting their act together.

The board should be ashamed of themselves as they have thrown him under a bus.

The board have thrown this season under the bus.

From a situation where we could have cut it to three on the Tims(albeit with a game more) we're potentially staring down going 12 behind Aberdeen and 15 behind them by next Sunday afternoon.

It's incredible mismanagement. From both the board and Murty.

Feel very very sorry for him.

Struggling for composure looked like he had been and still was crying.

What on earth is going on behind the scenes that he is left in this position and indeed so emotional.

maybe his mate Miller had been telling him he was a shit manager ( stand in) why murty thought Miller had to be in the team never mind capt christ knows!

We are looking and behaving more like some amateur outfit as each day passes

The board have hung Murty, who is out of his depth, out to dry. And have pretty much rendered this season a write off.

They’ve heaped enormous pressure onto themselves now.

The board have hung Murty, who is out of his depth, out to dry. And have pretty much rendered this season a write off.

Why is Murty being given an easy ride here ? he would have been asked if he thought he could do the job, he clearly said he could, but clearly he can't , his fault, his team selection, his tactics, yet everyone is to blame but him ? weird logic.

Murty is a decent guy.
He is getting publicly humiliated by a Board which is in hiding.
Any flak should be aimed at them and they would certainly deserve it.

Why is Murty being given an easy ride here ? he would have been asked if he thought he could do the job, he clearly said he could, but clearly he can't , his fault, his team selection, his tactics, yet everyone is to blame but him ? weird logic.

I’ve stated Murty is out of his depth. How is that excusing him ?

I'm hearing 2 conflicting stories. Some say that he's been hung out to dry by the board; others say that he's thrown his hat in the ring and wants the job this time round. Which is it?

Is it maybe just possible that the board/King/whoever has told Murty that Miller has to play?
No, that’s just utter nonsense, very few football clubs are run like that from the chairman. Especially not for a 38 year old with 6 months left on his contract. He is picked for his experience probably. Don’t get me wrong his legs have clearly gone and can no longer do what he used to but I simply don’t buy any of this conspiracy nonsense.

I feel sorry for Murty as he was given a poison chalice with this job. The wooden tops, so called players, need to be fined for the poor performance and the losses inflicted on the club.

Agree far too much being made of this
Two managers in a row sacked, the second barely 9 months into his contract, transfer budget spunked on dross, can’t win 3 in a row, the Tims out of sight, and the youth team manager in charge and crumbling under the pressure. Aye, everything’s fine.

There was clearly a power play between Miller and the manager which resulted in Miller being dropped yet there he was laughing and joking with our major shareholder who holds the real power at Ibrox. In my opinion, it stinks.

I’ve stated Murty is out of his depth. How is that excusing him ?
You also stated that the board had hung him out to dry ? If he didn't think he could do the job why did he take it ? he is to blame for our results, just as he was praised for the Hearts and Thistle results, he has to be accountable.

I'm hearing 2 conflicting stories. Some say that he's been hung out to dry by the board; others say that he's thrown his hat in the ring and wants the job this time round. Which is it?

I think it's pretty clear he's been Hung out to dry . Watch the interview - the guys chin is trembling and his eyes are filling up . If our players had the same work ethic we'd be doing much better than we are .

But it's clear Murty is doing his best - it's horrific that our board have treated the guy this way . What a mess .

Two managers in a row sacked, the second barely 9 months into his contract, transfer budget spunked on dross, can’t win 3 in a row, the Tims out of sight, and the youth team manager in charge and crumbling under the pressure. Aye, everything’s fine.

There was clearly a power play between Miller and the manager which resulted in Miller being dropped yet there he was laughing and joking with our major shareholder who holds the real power at Ibrox. In my opinion, it stinks.
What did KM have to do with Wharbuton being sacked ? As for Pedro results got him sacked not Miller, Iam not Millers biggest fan but I think him and our captain talking to DK is not a big issue.

What did KM have to do with Wharbuton being sacked ? As for Pedro results got him sacked not Miller, Iam not Millers biggest fan but I think him and our captain talking to DK is not a big issue.
I’m not suggesting Kenny Miller got Warburton sacked. That image of him that day with King struck me as odd then and still does. Of course a single conversation is not the reason why were in such a mess now. Let’s say it was representative of a deeper malaise.

On the field its the players who are continually letting the club down,we should have enough in the tank to beat Dundee who are bottom of the league for a reason,like Hamilton,like Partick.Players for these clubs turn up for a couple of matches a season and our players are so weak they allow themselves to be bullied.The usual suspects will be rolled out on the clubs website for interview...we are gutted blah blah blah

To the players,shape up or ship out!

Off the field we are being let down by the board and without going into a long spiel it is plain to see.

You also stated that the board had hung him out to dry ? If he didn't think he could do the job why did he take it ? he is to blame for our results, just as he was praised for the Hearts and Thistle results, he has to be accountable.

Bang on the money. Having said that though he should get out for his health sake. His family must be worried for him after that interview last night,he did not look a well man.

Just watched his post match interview on Sky...he looked as though he could cry. I think he's genuinely baffled, angry and gutted at what he's watching, so he must know how we feel.
I feel for him,how can he legislate for that collapse, I think he was sold down the river by those players,as far as he's concerned,they shouldn't be wearing the jersey. Absolutely no fight and Miller running around offering nothing has to be nipped in the bud. Decent guy,but too nice to be Rangers manager.

Surely Murty would be in some way informed of what’s going on with the board and the search for our new manager. If there was something positive in the working, then surely Murty would know something and you would sense a wee bit of Hope coming from him. I don’t see any hope or positivity there. Let’s hope it’s that the defeats have simply knocked the stuffing out of him or that he doesn’t know anything. Because all your seeing in that interview is a sense of Hopelessness.

I,m sure murty is doing his best .but he really shouldn,t be in the position that he is in.by not appointingba manger by now the board have thrown him under the bus.

Surely Murty would be in some way informed of what’s going on with the board and the search for our new manager. If there was something positive in the working, then surely Murty would know something and you would sense a wee bit of Hope coming from him. I don’t see any hope or positivity there. Let’s hope it’s that the defeats have simply knocked the stuffing out of him or that he doesn’t know anything. Because all your seeing in that interview is a sense of Hopelessness.
Fair enough post mate.

I don't agree with the first part, they had enough confidence in him to do a job.

Pedro clearly wasn't getting the best or 100% out of the players.

Murty's team selections tactics and lack of a plan A never mind B has heaped pressure on himself, but yes in turn has now heaped enormous pressure on the Board.

Pedro dropped miller , miller is seen talking to dave king, 4 days later pedro is sacked miller is back in the team and captain that's not just coincidence it's obvious that miller thinks he can do what he wants , has murty been told to pick him or is he picking himself?

Looks devastated. Looks like a man who was in with a shout of getting the job if results had been good and that result killed any chance of him getting the job. He had said he was interested in getting it full time this time last time that wasnt the case

Murty, or any new manager is pissing in the wind with this set of players.

Holt - weak, poor in possession, runs around a lot but contributes almost nothing to the team. Occasionally throws in a good game which makes people forget about all the sh ite games he has had.

Miller - Not good enough to play up front, so we start him left midfield. He’s 37. His touch has always been hit and miss and he fails to find a team mate with simple 5 or 10 yard passes week in week out. Occasionally though he’ll pop up with a goal and he’s back to being King Kenny until his next sh it performance. *rolls eyes*

Hodson - Hodson can be no where near a team who play an attacking formation. He’s not good enough in 1 on 1 situations. Looks good in a team where they never leave a tight defensive shape, but is too easily exposed in attacking teams.

Herrera - How is this guy a professional footballer? He played a whole half yesterday against a make shift Dundee defence and I don’t think he won 1 header or managed to hold the ball up successfully once. He wouldn’t even get into the Dundee starting XI and we paid a small fortune for him. Could’ve signed Moult or Lafferty.

Windass - Scored a nice goal but it’s not enough. He jogs around the pitch thinking he’s Messi. If he plays then it cannot be in midfield, as he doesn’t contribute enough defensively.

Because of Holt, Miller and Windass - the balance of the team is a mess. We need a manager who has a history of setting up a team who are hard to beat. Wins come on the back of clean sheets, and we allow teams too many chances to score from simple passes or crosses into the box.

Great points and I agree with you. I was singing Holts praises before the Hanilton game but my god he's been desperately poor again in the past two games so much so you can see that he won't cut the mustard neither will Wilson, Herrera, Hodson, Windass, MIller etc it's quite a long list...

I like Murty but his approach to top team preparation is flawed! Listening to him speak he suggests that he gives the players all they need to prepare but to an extent just ensures they are relaxed and comfortable! This is fine for development players but this team needs fired up and to understand that accepting as little as losing a 50/50 challenge is not going to cut it when they walk out! The last two games they looked like they were training. No urgency, no desire, no confidence and ultimately no clue!

I think it's pretty clear he's been Hung out to dry . Watch the interview - the guys chin is trembling and his eyes are filling up . If our players had the same work ethic we'd be doing much better than we are .

But it's clear Murty is doing his best - it's horrific that our board have treated the guy this way . What a mess .

90% on here could have done better - he played the same team and made subs like for like too late to influence the game. I feel sorry for the support that travelled.

Flung in at the deep end for the second season running. The war in signs were there last year with any caretaker manager, we have allowed this poor fella to be flung to the wolves.

Couldn’t even watch all the interview, we will be very lucky if we haven’t damanged this fella.

He's been Hung out to Dry, by the ineffective players and the inaction from the board. We needed someone in since Progres we knew Pedro was finished.

Murty is doing his best in a role he neither wants or is cut out for. I really felt for him last night, he was emotional, stressed and genuinely upset at that performance. I respect him for stepping up and fronting up when asked. Both the board and the players need to take responsibility for throwing Murty under the bus in my opinion.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him tbh.

We're asking him to beat Hamilton and Dundee not cure cancer

I'm inclined to agree unfortunately although based on performances last season under him I don't know why we'd expect him to beat anyone. He's never a manager in a million years.

The blame for this fûcking farce lies with the board.

Murty is exempt from blame. He has taken the result and the performance very personally. He needs to learn not to do that. Great experience for him as a coach. He is a professional.

Can't believe that result. But you see Murtys pain. The players are a disgrace. They need a manager who has a reputation for them to respect. They obviously didn't respect Pedro. It looks like they don't respect Murty either or the fans.... It's just a job for them... I'd give my right arm and both my nuts to play for Rangers, without pay. That's the difference. We don't have that in our team anymore.
I hope your not a goal keeper

Back