Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - 14:15 Sunday 18th - Sky Sports **

Hopefully we put on a show today and capitalise on the sheep result yesterday and lets not forget we have the HIVs two points behind us at the moment so a good result today will send a message to all of them that the Rangers are back!

Disappointing he hasn’t went with Cummings and Morelos up front.

We should be playing two up front against Hamilton away.

Still going for 4-0. Confidence is high and good to see GD getting a start.

Strongest possible line up.

It's off to the match we go.

It's starting to look like Cummings is our contingency plan for when Morelos goes. Why else would you sign a player on loan to constantly leave him on the bench..

We’re now at a stage, for the first time in a long time, I’m happy with every name in that starting 11. Yes we need to improve the quality in certain areas to produce a title winning side, but they are all players I’m happy to have at the club. That’s good progress.

However, the bench is a different story and reminds me how much hard work, to content the recent good work, still needs to be done behind the scenes. Cummings the only player on the bench today I’m happy to have as a Rangers player going forward.

No surprises with that line up Candeias always going to play as opposed to 2 strikers.

No doubt we'll be ahead in possession, corners , attempts at goal , attempts on goal and of course yellow cards , hopefully we'll finish ahead in what really counts and im sure we will 3-1 , El Buffalo, Candeias and Doc to score.

C'mon Gers !

Morelos and Cummings are both too good to not be on the park at the same time. Need to find a system that let's them both play more regularly.

DWUfqtqXUAABek7.jpg:large
Is there a reason Alnwick is missing?

Often players come back to Haunt their old teams ... Templeton or Docherty to score first ... I have stuck £5 on Docherty !!

The midfield options on the bench are awful. Sorry option!

Given how many midfielders we have really illustrates how we’ve been decimated by injury.

Great to see faith in Morelos up front but wish we had Cummings on too. With both Goss and Docherty playing, our midfield should have been flexible enough to drop and if he front 3 and go into the diamond - drop Candeias and put Docherty narrow right, drop Murphy and put Goss narrow left, or drop Windass and put Murphy at the point with Goss narrow left.

Hopefully see that at some point in the game if only to get more experience of how it works.

Do man city, Chelsea, man united or Tottenham play 2 strikers against the shite in the EPL?

No they don't because the game has changed

Wake up guy's

Cummings doesn't deserve to start ahead of Morelos. I often wonder why some people bother never happy. That's our strongest team that's out there and folk are berating the manager :)

Is Holt injured? Not that I'm saying he should start or anything, but seems silly he was the captain a few games ago and now he's not in the squad...

It's starting to look like Cummings is our contingency plan for when Morelos goes. Why else would you sign a player on loan to constantly leave him on the bench..
If Morelos doesn’t go by end of season, I can’t see Cummings staying to be a sub all the time.

We’re now at a stage, for the first time in a long time, I’m happy with every name in that starting 11. Yes we need to improve the quality in certain areas to produce a title winning side, but they are all players I’m happy to have at the club. That’s good progress.

However, the bench is a different story and reminds me how much hard work, to content the recent good work, still needs to be done behind the scenes. Cummings the only player on the bench today I’m happy to have as a Rangers player going forward.

If we had everyone fit the bench would be stronger

We're not that far off a strong squad

If Morelos doesn’t go by end of season, I can’t see Cummings staying to be a sub all the time.

Don't think any good player worth their salt would accept it.

A managers job is to get the best players in the side. He's not done that today.

Cummings should be in

Agreed. I just think some (including myself) will be slightly disappointed he’s not going with 2 up front after last week.

You’d think in the Premiership these are exactly the types of games we would go with 2 upfront.

True, we've got five players at the moment who all deserve to be starting but only four positions for them. Selection headaches are only going to get worse once injuries clear up as well.

Don't think any good player worth their salt would accept it.

A managers job is to get the best players in the side. He's not done that today.

Cummings should be in

You're clearly very fond of him. I have reservations. Either way, with the players currently available it is clear our 'preferred' formation is a 4-2-3-1. That doesn't leave room for Cummings. Maybe when we have the likes of Jack and McCrorie back fit and well that may change but, right now, I think the worry is that 2 up top leaves us light in midfield. First-half against Ayr would suggest that's a reasonable opinion.

Back