Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - 14:15 Sunday 18th - Sky Sports **

With regard as to the penalty. We would be claiming for it but it was clear as day madden didn’t have a clue and gave in on the basis of the Hamilton player making by big claims for it.
He gave it in the basis of the linesman’s call

Good 3 points and reasonable performance, given the very poor pitch. My only gripe is that many of the players didn't appear to be ready for a pass and reacted too slowly when the pass came, leading to mistakes. Some of our goals were brilliant. It was important to score the fifth, and proved to be the case. Not a penalty.

Is every time the ball is fired at our players from 1 yard and hits an arm going to be a pen ? Fucking wanker of a linesman.

Plenty goals left in this game
Job done but our defence is scary.

Docherty and Candeias both really poor today.

Docherty?!!? Yes a few poor moments but personally thought he settled into the game very well. Candeias I agree with, was very poor and I would replace him for Cummings next week.

All our forwards immense.

Good win, however defensively shocking. Every time Hamilton attacked i thought we were gonna concede. The pitch is horrible but our defence seriously need to buck their ideas up.

Good result when you consider how poor some of our defending was. Brilliant support from our fans, apparently 3,500 Rangers fans in a 5,400 crowd!

Pitch is a joke. Could see a lot of the players struggling especially the defenders.

Scoreline flatters Hamilton. Makes it sound a close game.

The Officials have a clear agenda against us, never a Penalty, Martin practically had his back to the ball when the shot came in. Another minor thing I noticed near the end of the first half, we had a free kick outside their box, Madden marked the line, it was never 10 yards, Windass actually stepped it out at 8 yards, he pointed this out to the ref , but as expected there was no response, while it ultimately never mattered, it’s a continual chip, chip against us.

Really annoyed by the last 5 minutes from the team. So lazy, yes we won and played some great football but the passing and overall effort at the end cost us another goal (also the ref decision). Just a small irritation I felt

Right, I never wanna take anything away from Rangers players, but people saying Murphy got three assists today - calm doon ffs :D

He’s not a cheat, he’s incompetent.....as are most referees in our league.

Coming away with the “always cheated” patter makes us sound like them

Would he have given is that penalty?

No is the answer. Therefore he’s a cheat. Incompetence is a given.

Disgraceful pen decision (again) but I am not impressed at all by Martin. Fear for us v better sides with him there.

Great going forward, good result. But that defensive display was awful. Until that’s sorted we’ll never improve as much as we need to.

Slack and sloppy are two words that describe the defence today.

Docherty settles into the game well and mopped up possession when required.

Candieas was a passenger today, but the other forwards were tremendous.

I just wish we could start games with urgency. You would have been forgiven for thinking Hamilton were the team that had the chance to go second by the way they started the match.

I think it's a bit unfair to judge players on that pitch,pretty much everyone struggled a bit with control or passing. The good thing is they adapted after an early setback.

3 points, and no injuries(hopefully), is always a good result on those surfaces.

Good win, should have scored more.

Terrible surface and we caused problems for ourselves by over-elaborating on the wrong areas in the first half.

Penalty decision at the end was farcical.

Bizarre game, if you were to give the players marks out of ten, the only ones to get above a 5/6 would be the front three.....who would all be on 8/9/10

Murphy’s first half was outstanding, getting better by the game. Morelos has added more to his sell on fee, look very dangerous, Windass was outstanding and showing more consistency which has been lacking.

The rest were terrible.

Full defence was sloppy with passing and making basic errors. Candies had worst game I’ve seen him. Docherty whilst full of energy, was very sloppy with passing and questionable positioning at times. Goss was decent but didn’t really control the game for any great length of time.

Great result at end of day, however we’ll get punished by better teams if we don’t sort out the first half of our team.

With regard as to the penalty. We would be claiming for it but it was clear as day madden didn’t have a clue and gave in on the basis of the Hamilton player making by big claims for it.
At least he asked the lino if it was a pen ,if it the game was 1.1 he would have given it himself as it was a stonewaller even though he didn't see it.Corrupt lady's front bottom.

Back