Heart on Hand Statement on Forthcoming Daily Record Story About Offensive Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to some tremendous generosity by @1BornaBear1 I’m looking to help someone or multiple people who cannot afford to sub to Heart & Hand.

Feel free to PM me and we can arrange it. or if you know of someone please let me know.
Since becoming a member of this place, after just browsing it for a few years. I have been amazed at the generosity of bears on here, willing to help others, when in need. I for one would jump at chance, but I know there is ppl worse off than myself than can do with an outlet like HandH. The generosity of @1BornaBear1 Has to be commended on this and the many others who stand up when others are in need. Never has a motto been more appropriate. We ARE the people. Thank you to all the bears that make this forum a place to be proud of ♥️

Read the thread mate, read the thread. Over 100 sickening, islamophibic, homophobic, sectarian slurs cast freely. All vile and all reported and all to be investigated by the KGB wing of the SNP

I wasn't sure if it was in there or separate as its thousands of posts long! Will set some time aside!

Read the thread mate, read the thread. Over 100 sickening, islamophibic, homophobic, sectarian slurs cast freely. All vile and all reported and all to be investigated by the KGB wing of the SNP

should be noted some of the Twitter accounts had "views my own" in their bio's!

The key issue here is that the offender doesn't get to determine what is offensive. This is well established in law. It applies to Scots Protestants as much as any other grouping or community.

These cretins either don't get that or (more likely) have just become so accustomed to exercising their bigotry and hatred that they'll die in a ditch arguing the H word isn't sectarian but 'merely' offensive.
We as a support have basically come to terms with the Billy Boys, f####n and F#P being unacceptable. They are miles off being able to accept the same for H##. They have further as a support to travel than us yet it's us who continually get villified.

The DR has just very publicly been proven as a hotbed of racist, sectarian, homophobic cess.

It could even be accurate to describe the DR as systemically racist, homophobic and sectarian.

Any outlet defending them, especially with the utter stupidity that is the word 'Whataboutery' is condoning widespread and systemic racism.

The use of the term 'whataboutery' to dismiss a counterargument is simply a method to invalidate or ignore the point that an opponent has raised without actually attempting to address the validity of the point itself. In the case of the Daily Record, the paper felt that it would be a great idea to trawl the twitter accounts of the H&H guys and point out stuff from many years ago that they considered to be unacceptable. This apparently meets the approval of guys like Cosgrove and Cowan who dislike Rangers. (Do not forget either that back in 1998 Cosgrove was lifted at Queen Street Station after Rangers beat his team in the League Cup Final. The word "hun" was used by him that day in a song he was singing.) When the H&H guys decided to trawl the twitter accounts of Daily Record staff and then found a huge amount of prejudicial and offensive material within them and point to it, that suddenly becomes "whataboutery"! Aye right! I do not think that that particular argument would stand up in any court of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back