Hearts fans attacking a Rangers supporters bus?

My father in law and I were let down for tickets and ended up sitting in amongst them. I wouldn’t do it again. Quite surprised at the level of hatred from them towards us.

Basically I find in general most other fans (in Scotland) absolutely hate us.

My father in law and I were let down for tickets and ended up sitting in amongst them. I wouldn’t do it again. Quite surprised at the level of hatred from them towards us.

I've little affection for the vast majority of them also. Doesn't mean I'd attack their bus though.

Scotland's Finest as others have said not in sight.......rest assured if it was other way about we'd be plastered all over the media.

Bit I'm struggling with is.......given the supporters we have from thru Livi and Edinburgh way and fact its Hearts we are playing would you not think that one of the main stops on way home may indeed be obviously Harthill for these supporters (and Hearts) and why no Police there is utterly bonkers !

I’d have more respect for them if they just laid it out how much they hate us. It’s so cringe when they go to the Piggery and try and act like super Loyalists yet when they play us act completely differently. Make your minds up.

Should be the final straw of them being able to walk around Ibrox freely when we play them.

They’re scum. The notion that they’re friendly with us should be nipped in the bud

Yes voting scum bastarts
I'm quite sure the days of them freely walking up Copland Rd etc will be no more after watching what these cowardly Bastards done.

Scum club, with scum supporters, but some still like to think we have some kind of association with them.

They are up there with Hibs and Aberdeen, when it comes to the Scum bracket............

Were the Hearts supporters ok? The poor sensitive petals who were so hurt by a little bit of goading from a single fan? For any of them looking in, don’t suffer in silence.

You are a 100% correct, before I retired as a Trucker I travelled the length and breadth of Scotland I didn't notice it much before our financial troubles, but now I would say every clubs fans in the SPL hate us.

Edinburgh voted No, Glasgow voted Yes. Kinda blows your daft theory out of the water.
As was talked about at the time of the referendum, this was largely due to the huge resident English population of Edinburgh. Same also applied to Aberdeen.

Hearts fans hate us. Nationalist, Unionist or even the tiny amount of Loyalists that may still exist among them. They have absolutey nothing in common with us whatsoever.
They are up there with Hibs and Aberdeen in the c*nt stakes.

This was my bus, Prestonpans RSC & I’m in the video trying to get boys back on the bus as we were outnumbered 5 to 1 and had bus full of kids, women & elderly people.

We got off for a pee in amongst about 4 double decker Hearts busses and one of the guys on our bus shouted over to them trying to noise them up and have a laugh, then next thing about 30/40 drugged up grown men came sprinting over attacking anyone that they came across, even those trying to help people off the ground. They were then trying to get on the bus and attack people and were only stopped by a few of us literally kicking them off from the front of the bus, before smashing the bus window. Few boys with a sore face, but no major injuries, however very traumatic for the kids on board who were enjoying their first cup final and will probably now be out
I saw countless Hearts fans strolling about outside our end of the ground before the game and nobody batted an eyelid.

I wouldn’t like to walk through the Toryglen end with colours on.
I walked too and from the ground in Rangers top down Aitkenhead road. Not a peep from anyone really. Had to do same route for semi but switched tops coming out the ground.

As was talked about at the time of the referendum, this was largely due to the huge resident English population of Edinburgh. Same also applied to Aberdeen.
That’s without taking demographics into it too. Men more likely to vote yes, the young more likely to vote yes, poor more likely to vote yes. 18-45 males at football matches in Scotland are more likely to have voted yes at most grounds I would imagine.

Tin hat on here and not to condone violence but if a hearts bus pulled into a service station with three Rangers buses in attendance after a Hearts Scottish cup final win and started goading the Rangers fans are we certain the bears would have turned a blind eye?

All hypothetical I know, but I’m not so sure there wouldn’t be a reaction. I’d like to think we wouldn’t but nobody can say with certainty.
Whoever was doing the goading has to take a share of the blame.

Still scumbag behaviour regardless.

Last edited:

They’re parcels of shite mate, living amongst them open your eyes. I know many more Hibs fans who like us compared to that lot, as I said earlier I included some family members in my assessment who’s hatred towards us is at a strange level

Same as East Bear really,me & the wife walked through them after the game.We got to the Montford and there was loads of them hanging around,walked up Curtis avenue with loads more getting into cars! Got too the 100 acres and their well some of their supporters buses were parked up and kept walking to the 20 club without a peep from any of them.

Cowards attacking a bus full of woman/kids and the elderly.

Scum club, with scum supporters, but some still like to think we have some kind of association with them.

They are up there with Hibs and Aberdeen, when it comes to the Scum bracket............

Definite scum behaviour in that incident, but I still think the hatred Hibs and Aberdeen fans have for us is on another level, compared to the majority of Hearts fans.

Sure, they don't particularly like us and will hate us when we're playing them, but you can normally mix in pubs with them, pre and post match, without any bother.
We've done it for years in Diggers Bar, which is a big Hearts pub (as @JamboReid1874 could confirm).

I've also seen plenty Bears walk down from Haymarket Station without a problem.

No chance that's ever happening with Hibs or Aberdeen.

Still doesn’t excuse the liberty taking in the video though.

Definite scum behaviour in that incident, but I still think the hatred Hibs and Aberdeen fans have for us is on another level, compared to the majority of Hearts fans.

Sure, they don't particularly like us and will hate us when we're playing them, but you can normally mix in pubs with them, pre and post match, without any bother.
We've done it for years in Diggers Bar, which is a big Hearts pub (as @JamboReid1874 could confirm).

See my reply in the Jambos Kickback thread. Page 6, post 261.

Believe it or not I worked with a loyalist aberdeen fan bizarre lol

He said it was one wee fanny from the bus goaded Hearts fans and this was result. Clearly saying it was the said wee fanny's fault or can't you comprehend that?
He's stating what happened. Yes the guy is a fanny for initiating it. That doesn't mean he's responsible for the over the top reaction from hearts scum.

It was at harthill services our bus seen it kick off. I spoke to my brother in law who is a hearts fan and was at the game. Basically said what’s been posted above. A rangers fan goaded the hearts fans and they couldn’t take it so started trouble. A hearts fan in his street came off the worst with a broken arm.

I’m disgusted with both what’s happened in the footage and also the tale that’s been spun from our side that this was some triumph to be spread far and wide.

Morons.

Nearly had a similar incident in Harthill Services with a Celtic bus from Dunbar. Started as good natured banter and then a couple of them decided they wanted to escalate the situation. A couple of older heads talked sense into them and it fizzled out. A couple of bams on each bus and it could have ended up the same way as Sunday.

Nearly had a similar incident in Harthill Services with a Celtic bus from Dunbar. Started as good natured banter and then a couple of them decided they wanted to escalate the situation. A couple of older heads talked sense into them and it fizzled out. A couple of bams on each bus and it could have ended up the same way as Sunday.

Harthill has always been a powderkeg after cup games, I'm not sure why coach drivers continue to stop there (or why the police fail to have a presence there)

Numerous stories over the years of buses stopping and fights breaking out with rival fans.

One wee guy shouts at Hearts fans and this happens but aye its his fault?
Phuck off Bob you absolute tadger. The number of years a member v posts tells its own story.
At no point did I say it was his fault so stop being a bellend! The young boy was acting the big cheese like we see week in week out but no way does it justify that reaction. The video clearly shows exactly who was to blame ffs. I was telling the story as I heard it from close friends who were on the bus, not forming an opinion of my own.

Maybe I should have made the above much clearer in my original post but then again maybe you could also take a bit more time reading a post properly before making assumptions and accusing of me being anything other than a Bear! 23 years as a season ticket holder and 4 years as a RSC bus convenor makes up for my low post count surely?

Back