Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Much better in the 2nd half. Kept pressure with swifter passing that opened up the Hertz defence. Tav first half kept punting the ball over the heads of our forwards, then delights with 2 goals. Sima worked the lines and caused trouble with his speed. Danilo set up 2 of the goals and good for Wright. Great goal. Harsh penalty against us, but it jerked us out of a wee bit of lethargy ans saw the game out. Nice hard tackle by Goldson on Devlin. Scythed him down, legitimately.

Very magnanimous of you. You're a good guy. Magnanimous is wrong but you know what I mean.
Cheers mate, aye I know what you’re getting at :D

I had no expectations from today other than that we try to keep a tight ship until about 70 minutes. We didn’t deserve a consolation goal today, and we have shown nothing like the desire to get to the final which Rangers did. Clement and his players showed they wanted it more and you deserved the comfortable win.

Going forward I think our board need to have a think about what the long-term plan is here, because the coaching/management is blatantly subpar. We should at least show we can be competitive in big cup games if we are proclaiming ourselves the ‘third force’. Look at Aberdeen, outplayed all game yesterday and a man sent off and they found a way to win, we would have lost to Hibs yesterday.

Rangers firm favourites in the final and based on the fundamental changes already evident with the new manager I’d back you very strongly, though the sheep will undoubtedly raise their game. Clement is here to win trophies, his reactions to the goals today made that loud and clear.

Enjoyable.

Some players prance about doing not very much others get on with working the opposition and supporting their team mates. It would appear the new manager can spot those that do the non negotiables.

The new manager seems to have a very firm grip of the fine details that make and break matches. Very very promising.

7 of the Europa League Final squad involved today.

Heart's penalty was far from clear and was closer to it being no penalty.
It’s a joke. The contact was no where near enough to send a player down. The players are now just waiting on a touch and down they go. Depressing. If they went down with that contact in the middle of the pitch it’s not a foul.

Lots of candidates for MotM today, which is great. Tav, obviously but I think Sima, Lundstram, Goldson and substitute Wright have been great as well.

I'm gonna go with Sima, what a workhorse he is, and caused them no end of problems. Still think he's better through the middle right enough.
That’s just it, when Beale was involved you were struggling for one player that even merited man of the match

BBC SportSound currently waxing lyrical about Tav and his contribution in goals over the years. Craig Levein and the sheepie host.

Clement just said the Wright Cantwell sub was tactical and not a injury.

Said he was concerned Cantwell was going to get sent off because he was on a yellow.
I like that. No player is bigger than the team.

Ideally I wonder if he would have taken Lammers off and pushed Cantwell in the middle.

I had no expectations from today other than that we try to keep a tight ship until about 70 minutes. We didn’t deserve a consolation goal today, and we have shown nothing like the desire to get to the final which Rangers did. Clement and his players showed they wanted it more and you deserved the comfortable win.

Going forward I think our board need to have a think about what the long-term plan is here, because the coaching/management is blatantly subpar. We should at least show we can be competitive in big cup games if we are proclaiming ourselves the ‘third force’. Look at Aberdeen, outplayed all game yesterday and a man sent off and they found a way to win, we would have lost to Hibs yesterday.

Rangers firm favourites in the final and based on the fundamental changes already evident with the new manager I’d back you very strongly, though the sheep will undoubtedly raise their game. Clement is here to win trophies, his reactions to the goals today made that loud and clear.
Cheers again, mate. You're a credit to your team to be honest in these hostile days.

Great to see a manager using common sense and getting Cantwell off for the second half.

Boss understands our officials already and Cantwell would have been red-carded at some stage - probably through another wounded diver who he'd breathed on like happened for the yellow.

Naismith must have been so disappointed as Hearts players at half-time would have been instructed to dive if he'd come near them.

Odds show that the team having plenty of chances 'normally' wins - so, for me, it always felt like we would win when the chances were coming.

And magic for Wright too to break Heart's hearts again.

I don't think Hearts are as disjointed as you think. We learned a lot from the previous game of how Hearts would show, what their passing lanes were etc and we cut that off for the majority of the match today. The first half Hearts defence were better than our front line and the game was eachy peachy because of it. Things only opened up in the second half because we were much sharper and faster in midfield to forwards with support. The score line when its 3 goals the winner always looks poor but it took a pen and a special free kick to get that result. The fact we scored one goal from open play shows how difficult a team Hearts are to beat. IMO if you had a better mid to front you'd do a lot more damage in this league.

Great team performance from the manager, captain and players. Tav, Lundstram and Wright top marks. Thought Lammers also did ok.

So many positives. It was great seeing the whole team fight for each other. Much faster passing and better press. Great result. What a keeper we have.

Well done Gers and well done Tav. Hertz deserved nothing and probably not even their soft as hell penalty.

Back