Home kit available from 24th of June

Nice looking strip but the fact they have released this weeks after Sportemongo went bust is in my opinion a complete joke. Shambles.
The kits would have been in production months ago. The choice was basically to bin those already produced and take the hit (selling the newer ones without a bottom of shirt sponsor as we hadn't at that stage found an alternative) or sell them and offer to cover the SportemonGo logo in the future. The latter allowing us to get the kit released in time for the new season. Not an easy choice.

I'm not sure I get the angst about the SportemonGo logo anyway. Its on the back of the shirt, covering your arse. Who's looking at it?:) Its not ideal but its not the biggest issue of the day either.

Posted this in the Lounge, didn’t think it deserved its own thread in the bear pit!

Anyone interested can get a Garcia hoody from Castore pretty cheap at the moment (£49)

With discount code SAVJUNCAS15 you’ll get an extra 15% off which covers the postage cost. Spend more than £60 you’ll get free delivery.

I just got the hoody for me and the wee man’s home shirt for his birthday for £92.

What should they have done, binned them all?
New sponsor has been announced. They could have delayed the launch date and arranged to have all covered up, surely this could have been done relatively quickly. Each to their own but I wouldn't be buying a "new" top with an out of date logo.

The kits would have been in production months ago. The choice was basically to bin those already produced and take the hit (selling the newer ones without a bottom of shirt sponsor as we hadn't at that stage found an alternative) or sell them and offer to cover the SportemonGo logo in the future. The latter allowing us to get the kit released in time for the new season. Not an easy choice.

I'm not sure I get the angst about the SportemonGo logo anyway. Its on the back of the shirt, covering your arse. Who's looking at it?:) Its not ideal but its not the biggest issue of the day either.
If anyone is looking at my arse they have issues!! :)) Hope you issues aren't too big today. o_O

If anyone is looking at my arse they have issues!! :)) Hope you issues aren't too big today. o_O
Exactly, so why would anyone lose their shit over a logo in that position? Its not great, but then not having a Home kit to launch before the season starts isn't great either. Rangers, and it would have been the Club making the call rather than Castore, chose the only practical solution. We will still take a hit due to having to 'fix' these later but at least the kit is out and the cash is coming in.

Exactly, so why would anyone lose their shirt over a logo in that position? Its not great, but then not having a Home kit to launch before the season starts isn't great either. Rangers, and it would have been the Club making the call rather than Castore, chose the only practical solution. We will still take a hit due to having to 'fix' these later but at least the kit is out and the cash is coming in.
I'm certainly not losing my shirt over it. Agreed it was a tough decision. The Club know most fans will part with their cash whatever. Slightly embarrassing nonetheless.

Posted this in the Lounge, didn’t think it deserved its own thread in the bear pit!

Anyone interested can get a Garcia hoody from Castore pretty cheap at the moment (£49)

With discount code SAVJUNCAS15 you’ll get an extra 15% off which covers the postage cost. Spend more than £60 you’ll get free delivery.

I just got the hoody for me and the wee man’s home shirt for his birthday for £92.

What does the garcia hoodie fit like?

I'm certainly not losing my shirt over it. Agreed it was a tough decision. The Club know most fans will part with their cash whatever. Slightly embarrassing nonetheless.
Oops. Ha ha, you spotted my typo. Now corrected.

Yes, its embarrassing, I agree. However, when such things happen all you can do is look to the best means to 'recover' (sic) the situation. Training top, rather than replica kit, is more my thing so it won't affect me but, had I taken a fancy to any of the new kit, then the SportemonGo logo wouldn't have put me off. Let's face it, there will be another new replica Home top along in 12 months time to replace it anyway.:)

Last edited:

49 quid for the Gaecia is great. I paid 160 each for two of them (non Rangers) a few years ago. Totally waterproof and look like they'll last years.

Anyone know what the sizing is like compared to last seasons? I'm a short arse so wear a small but the sizing on the third kit looks huge compared to last season!

What golden era shorts stand out to you the most?

If this shirt is a nod to the 1987 kit, why not do the same with the shorts?

GettyImages-78987141.jpg

What does the garcia hoodie fit like?

I need to go up a size in the Castore clothing range. I always choose 2XL with them.

I have loads of their Castore range, got a few Garcia tops in different colours and styles, and they are brilliant.

The rain just beads and rolls off the clothing.

Never had any issues with anything from Castore (that includes Rangers shirts).

Do we know if the Pro shirt definitely has the sportmongo pish ? Sadly I assume it does, yes ??
DDC62906-751-B-4461-BF33-078-D987-ABAC9.jpg

All the pro strips that have been made have the logo on currently.
Going to be nearer the end of the year before the ones without logo will be available.
Further info on the website-
**All according to the girl in the shop.

Not long back from store

Strip is an absolute cracker in the flesh, the shade of blue is spot on. I’d recommend sizing up on last years top, this one is smaller

Got a kids kit size 4-5 and it has the utilita logo on the front and has the traditional black and red socks

New sponsor has been announced. They could have delayed the launch date and arranged to have all covered up, surely this could have been done relatively quickly. Each to their own but I wouldn't be buying a "new" top with an out of date logo.

Aye I'm sure it would have been that simple :))

I have the Rangers version, tempted by this though. But why are the drawstrings so long?

Is it really that big a deal though? It’s a small logo on the back, it’s really not like anyone is going to pull you up on it if you are wearing it at Ibrox or lazing around the house?

DDC62906-751-B-4461-BF33-078-D987-ABAC9.jpg

All the pro strips that have been made have the logo on currently.
Going to be nearer the end of the year before the ones without logo will be available.
Further info on the website-
**All according to the girl in the shop.

What’s the quality of the pro shirt compared to the normal one?

Shop at Ibrox is quiet just now.

Confused as anything with the kids sizing though.

Wee man's strip from last season says JS on it.

In the shop, the JS is just the top alone and you buy the shorts and socks separate (can't actually mind if that was the case last year or not - I had it in my head it was bought as a combined lot)

There's a 7-8 option in the store that's actually longer than the JS now. JS is wider but shorter.

The 7-8 option is the combined full strip.

If anything his JS strip from last season just now is getting too short for him and he's not filling it out yet. Can't quite get my head round how he's going to go "down a size" but it fit him better just now.

Asked the girl in the shop and she showed me the two of them laid out side by side. The JS is definitely shorter than the 7-8 strip.

Bet ye there isn’t. Nowhere near rare enough considering there are thousands and thousands of them, most will already have :))
pretty much any season's kit becomes rare after about 20 years. many will be worn to fuck, lost, discarded... etc. And particularly more difficult to find are tagged items with original packaging.

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/

take a look at some of the ones on there and things from the 1990s that come with tags / packet fresh go for a fair few quid.

can see it now on classicfootballshirts - "Rangers 2022 23 kit with tags, including shite sportemongo fungal token thingy sponsor that went bust. £250,000"

B-)

Back