How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have a good record when games really matter, team tends to go into it’s shell.

Since the last international break our performances have been uneven over the 90 minutes and the defence has collapsed. Not confident at all at the moment, just hope we raise our game on Sunday.

am buzzing for my first game of the season this sunday
anyone know what to expect at it :D :D :D :D

so excited

I'm starting to get more confident.
That might be due to the battle fever well and truly kicking in this morning to be fair!

Already got the jitters. We must win this, we can win this - just need the correct set up and right intae them attitude from the off and we can win.

Was 100% confident we would win over a month ago like i do with every Celtic game. Closer it gets the nerves man

Still feeling quite calm and confident, might change on Sunday morning mind. I think the fact they want to win it but we NEED to win it will give us the edge

I’ll admit I’m not, but it’s less to do with Wednesday night and more to do with how easily they rattled us out of our game plan last time around.

This is the biggest game of Gerrard’s managerial career to date and I think he desperately needs to show he can get one over on Celtic and Lennon when the stakes are highest.

A win and we not only end their trophy run, we end our own trophy famine and hopefully reinstate a winning mentality at the club.

Defeat and there’ll be a hell of a lot of doubts coalescing as to whether this group of players has the mettle needed to win things.

I’d argue there’s greater pressure on us than them.

It’s huge.

We have two teams. One who competes and can play a bit against quality opposition like Porto, feynoord etc and another who looks nothing like the latter. Depends on what team turns up, first half Aberdeen team or 2nd half. I hope Gerrard doesn't give them the same shite respect he gave them at Ibrox

It means more to us than them. Our first real trophy in 8 years if we win. And against the scum of the earth. If our players aren't completely up for this they shouldn't be at Rangers. Give them hell on Sunday!

I said it before the Aberdeen game - we are not cute enough or passionate enough as a team to win these matches.

We are almost there with McGregor, Davis, Arfield and a few others who know the score but are continually let down by the Taverniers, Goldsons and Ojos who just seem to fairy around the place without a care in the world.

Celtic's 11 are all singing from same hymn sheet and will do whatever they need to win. I just can't say the same for our 11.

Can never really tell how I feel until the morning of the game but feeling optimistic as things stand

Not at all, we really need to turn up. Our track record in cup games since we were bombed out has been horrible. We seem to have a defeatist mentality.

I like it when the majority are not confident, we are more than capable if we bring our A game of causing them havoc, they are also capable of the same.

Let the battle commence

I was super confident before that second half against the sheep, now I'm a wee bit pessimistic, but surely we can't be as bad again?

keep changing my mind, one minute I’m confident then next I’m nervous as %^*&, hate the build up to these games.

I was super confident before that second half against the sheep, now I'm a wee bit pessimistic, but surely we can't be as bad again?
I very much doubt we will be that bad, their defending for Hamiltons goal was comical also, their fans said most of the team look shattered and they are praying on 3 or 4 coming back from injruy who haven't played in weeks.

Unfortunately I think they will win by 2 or 3.
We don't have it in us.

If I am wrong and come 5pm Tav is lifting that trophy aloft.
I will be the first to admit I am wrong.
But I fear I won't be.

We play like we did the first 30 minutes the other night or last season at Ibrox they won't be able to live with us.

We play like the final hour of the other night or how we played against them this season and it could be a very sore one.

There's no reason we can't do it. If we don't it'll just be groundhog day, but if we win...

...and who knows where that would take us.

I was pretty confident until about 9pm last night. Without going overboard, if we lose meekly on Sunday I can’t see Gerrard being here next season. One more big game failure and any chance of us winning the title is gone for another year.

The rest of December will ultimately decide Steven Gerrard’s longevity here.

I was optimistic until about 9pm on Wednesday. Then full of dread, then back to confident by this morning, then I read the Davis thread.

I’ll wait until I see the lineups, then worry for about 11 hours until I can actually see the game!

Unfortunately I think they will win by 2 or 3.
We don't have it in us.

If I am wrong and come 5pm Tav is lifting that trophy aloft.
I will be the first to admit I am wrong.
But I fear I won't be.
That will be new ground then because nobody has beat us by 3 goals under Gerrard an only twice have we lost by 2 goals

It's not happening

The rest of December will ultimately decide Steven Gerrard’s longevity here.
Why ? he has improved the team massively, it may just be the 3rd season when it really all clicks together like Klopp at Liverpool.

Just think of the state we were in 19 months ago, getting pumped off them left right and centre, now we go into a final with genuine hope we can win it.

Some people dont want to hear it but it takes time to build a team properly and and we are doing well this season despite the result on Wednesday.

Last edited:
With a full team Celtic were slight favourites. Without Davis and Barisic we become become underdogs imo.

It becomes a really difficult ask but not impossible.

Why ? he has improved the team massively, it may just be the 3rd season when it really all clicks together like Klopp at Liverpool.

Just think of the state we were in 2 19 months ago, getting pumped off them left right and centre, now we go into a final with genuine hope we can win it.

You're wasting your breath trying to reason with the lunatics on here fella.

December will be a good indicator towards the league title for this season. If we fall short this month, Gerrard will only have one more season after this to turn things round.
Absolute maximum.
I had no idea the championship finished in December this year. And, in any case, he'll be here to see out his contract. Minimum.

I'm not confident in the slightest at the moment but I don't think that's a bad thing.

It's been a strange build up to it with Wednesday night obviously being a set back.

If you think of it logically though we're only 2 points off top, top of our Europa group and in the final of the first domestic trophy of the season. We should be brimming with confidence but for one reason or another we're not.

It reminds me of the build up to the last LC that we won in 2011, where we went in as heavy underdogs. Like then a win really could push us on and give us the confidence to go on and win the league.

If we had kept the first 30 or so mins performance up on Wednesday and scudded the sheep as a result, I would have been really confident.

Now I'm not confident. I really hope that we come flying out the traps, get stuck in and chase down every ball. If we lose, then go down fighting.

That said, come Sunday morning, beers and tunes will probably change my mind!

I had no idea the championship finished in December this year. And, in any case, he'll be here to see out his contract. Minimum.

They get 10 in a row and we’ve not won a cup competition either in that time, this place will be a war zone, but let’s hope both the team and the manager step up to the mark on Sunday.

Feeling extremely confident which is odd for me, I’m usually feeling a bit nervy a couple of days before KO but none of that this time. Feel the same way I did before we beat them last season.

Get it right up everyone of them. Neil Lennon, Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths and the rest of those dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastards. Ryan Jack is gonna smash through Brown that hard his ancestors will feel it!

We're winning this cup, I couldn't GAF if they won their last game 8 nil and Aberdeen came back from 4 down to beat us in the last minute. Their time is up holding the mantle for us in Scottish football. We walk onto that park as Rangers players and come off it at the end as legends. The team who smashed their tainted hold at the top.

We've come a long way! It was always going to be beating these tramp bastards in a cup final as the final step. I wouldn't have it any other way. My only concern is I didn't manage to get a ticket so I could look back in a few years and say, I was there the day we got it right up everyone of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back