How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now my feeling is 50/50.

My concern is we don't have players who know what it takes to win a Cup Final.
You need mental resilience instilled before you even kick a ball .
Unfortunately I think this is an attribute which is lacking in our most senior players - none of them have ever won any major silverware.

I don't have a clue what what SG's team talk will be on Sunday but I trust n him to know how important this game is.

If we win on Sunday, it's great - we've made a mark.

If we don't, then it's not the end of the world - if we can win our games and beat them on the 27th then it's all to play for.

Expect to lose, feverently hope to win. At least we aren’t cock of the north as we were in the run up to the last match. There isn’t a huge gap is we play well. Being underdogs when we have a real chance( not the Pedro years etc) is not the worst. Anything can happen.

As many have said the centre backs are the concern. They will press us and we will need to find a way past that, we can’t just lump the ball up the park to Alfie Hoping he will do something

During the second half especially they presses Goldson and Helander and it caused them major problems. They either thumped it long or lost possession. Lennon will 100% have the Tims doing that on Sunday.

I would say that we need to win because Europa League qualification means nothing if we have another barren season in domestic competitions.

It's easy for me to say, but I feel we absolutely NEED to win on Sunday.

Up untill tonights game I thought If we get an early goal agsinst Celt*c, they'll buckle and we will press on and win. Tonight just proves, what the %^*& do I know.

Big chance for a lot of players to show they are winners, Sunday shows who is the players who can win trophies

A lot less confident than I was last week. Anyone who has confidence in that defence has my respect!

I think people really need to stop panicking every single time we have a minor setback, that "defence" is the one that had us equal first., top of a Europa league group and heading into a cup final. Did Goldson and Helander have their best game last night? no they did'nt and that may see Katic play on Sunday but i think a lot of our fans really need to get some sense of perspective.

No confidence at all. Even if we pull out a performance from nowhere (like last December’s OF at Ibrox) then we have too many players with a track record of making catastrophic mistakes in the biggest games. Someone will throw it away against them, and the worst thing is it won’t even be a surprise.

Until we have a decent defence i’ll never be confident. I expect mistakes galore at the back when the mentally challengeds press us, which they will do from the word go.

After last night I'm not even contemplating the possibility of us winning. Refusing to get my hopes up. The disappointment is easier to deal with should we lose.

If the tims turn up and we have a off day it could be anything. We need them t have a off day to give us a chance. The 2 centre halfs up against eduard and Christie making runs in behind in giving me the fear! Never know tho final anything can happen!

Having heard discussions this morning from a couple of them, they weren’t at it last night. The Hamilton goal was coming and the crowd were on the players backs. Let’s not build them up, they can be got at.

Last night is done. We turn up on Sunday, we can score against them and we can win.

First half performance last night and I’m thinking, Sunday can’t come quick enough.
Second half performance has now left me with serious doubts about Sunday.
I really hope the lads who are playing at the weekend prove me wrong.

Big day planed at my dad's with a few bears heading round, beers and grub. How I feel now I don't even wana watch the game

Dreading it. We can beat them but we're also quite good at throwing matches away and the defence has been shocking since coming back from internationals which doesn't make a great combination

After last night I’m absolutely dreading Sunday. We don’t seem to be capable of playing 2 good halves of football which we’ll need to do.
Sunday could be a watershed moment for this team, if a couple of players don’t turn up it could be the end for them (in the eyes of the supporters).

I just don’t see any kind of scenario where we win. I believe we will play really well in spells and compete but the mental quality just isn’t there domestically for this team.

There’s nothing between the teams. But We both have weaknesses, and our problems at the moment are at centre half. Not exactly an area you want to be weak in when their biggest threats come through the middle (Edouard and Christie).

Goldson especially needs to step up his game big time.

Depends what Rangers show up.
If we step off them give them space and don't fight for everything then no chance.
Our defence cannot play like last night or we are in trouble.
To many under estimate the manky mob saying they are pish we have better players ect.
The thing is even with injuries they have won11 games on the bounce after livi defeat.
They know how to win they know how to get over the line no matter what that's the reason they have won last 9 trophies and 8 titles.

The real Rangers need to show up Goldson needs to sort his shit out Tav needs to have the game of his life and find some form.
This is the most important period of our season and we need to show up.

the scum won't even have to create anything they'll just wait on our %^*& ups

They will be right in our face from the word go and we won't like it. Just watch the back four bobble the ball about between them under pressure whilst we are camped far too deep. Dinked balls up field from Goldson that surrenders possession.

They will be right in our face from the word go and we won't like it. Just watch the back four bobble the ball about between them under pressure whilst we are camped far too deep. Dinked balls up field from Goldson that surrenders possession.
this is exactly my concern, we dont have the quality to handle the high press and always seem to panic, its the perfect scenario if you can play through them as they will be exposed, just not sure we have the personnel for that

I think we’ll lose on Sunday and progress in Europe on Thursday.

I’m not convinced the team can cope with being top of the table, I think our best chance is to sit within a point or two of them until the last couple of months and then get ahead with little time left.

We simply cannot put two good halves of football together.

As long as the defence is giving a good slap and Kent and Morelos turn up we will be fine.

I will be though, a nervous wreck on the day.

I’m not convinced the team can cope with being top of the table, I think our best chance is to sit within a point or two of them until the last couple of months and then get ahead with little time left.

Probably the outcome but given a choice, I'd take Sunday over Thursday.

We'll probably fall further behind the bheggars this month given they have an extra league game plus we go to Motherwell, Hibs and the piggery.

I think last nights game was a timely reminder that we are not as good as we think we are. It will have(hopefully) lit a fire under a few of our players arses. Yesterday could well be an unlikely positive for our games v the smellies, but that remains to be seen.

Maybe last night game will be a rocket up the arse and we will come out on Sunday and actually play for 90 mins and not 30?
I live in hope

I have a feeling you’re right.

we don’t seem to be able to move through a high press, I am still angry that the team decided to conserve energy with 55 mins left last night. The game should have finished 3 or 4 -1. The abject lack of interest from many at 2 nil was awful and the lack of ability to motivate themselves after the break was disgusting.

19.45 last night i was quietly confident

20.15 last night i was jumping about thinking were gon to win the treble this season and last 16 of euro

21.45 last night and up til now I'm fuc king dreading sunday, fearful for the league, and nervous about next Thursday lol

This is genuinely the worst I’ve felt about a result since we lost to Hibs in the cup final.
I’m sitting at my desk broken today

This is genuinely the worst I’ve felt about a result since we lost to Hibs in the cup final.
I’m sitting at my desk broken today
Get a grip mate. Did you honestly think we were going to sail through the season without dropping more points? We'll drop more btw. That's what happens in football. We've won leagues from worse positions. How did you guys get through the Helicopter Sunday season?

Get a grip mate. Did you honestly think we were going to sail through the season without dropping more points? We'll drop more btw. That's what happens in football. We've won leagues from worse positions. How did you guys get through the Helicopter Sunday season?

I knew we’d drop points bud, the manner in which we did last night is shocking

Feeling a bit sheepish after last night but come 3pm Sunday I'll have battle fever on and brimming with confidence!

Intae this shower of sh*te Rangers!

Im not confident for sunday after that abysmal performance last night,our defense is seriously lacking bottle and that gives me the fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back