How confident are you for the final?

waldo 1160

Comparisons to the 1st game at Ibrox don’t really tell us much, we went narrow because Gerrard didn’t really trust his wide options at the time IMO. That made everything too congested for us, we couldn’t stretch them laterally as we had no natural width and couldn’t stretch them vertically as it’s not Defoe’s game.

That congestion in midfield led to Goldson’s mistake as there was no clear pass on and we try to play out from the back most of the time.

We now have Kent and Morelos will surely start so those two should create more space in midfield. Helander and Kent have improved us, Borna has kicked on. What we could be doing with is Aribo/Kamara making the 3rd midfield spot their own and Ojo/Arfield/Jones doing the same for the other attack position.
100% agree we overloaded the midfield and choked ourselves Davis Kamara Jack...that'l do.

Last edited:

Bluethruandthru

It's down to the manager, there's such a lot resting on this game.

At Ibrox he made the wrong choices, it played right into their hands and he has to make sure that doesn't happen again.That was huge and I hope he's learned his lesson. These games you stick with your best 11 and make sure they are motivated and believe in the game plan. Trust the players to do themselves justice then manage the game as it unfolds. A win for us would give us a big phycological lift for the title so it's more than just a cup final for me.

Blue Goose

If I'm being honest I'm not confident. We are slow starters at times in big games and they blitz opposition early. If we can sort ourselves out in the first 30minutes then I think we can get a result. We need EVERYONE to be on their A game though. No passengers, no shockers and no bottle merchants. This could be our springboard for a great season.

Last edited:

GranvillusClutterbuckus

It's our time. Kent to score first half and cause whoevers marking him to go off with a hamstring/despair. Bheggars score with a penalty after one of them throws themselves on the ground. Alfie to score number 2 and the winner right at the death.

Tears of joy and many people going into work the following day with glorious hangovers.

Keep believing.

baystatebear

I think the outcome of the cup-final - as far as the larger picture goes - is very significant in terms of morale. If Rangers win the team's confidence will increase massively, which will bode well for the remainder of the league campaign. Conversely, a Rangers victory in the final would have a huge negative impact on the yahoos,

HarryBosch

We play like we can we are more than capable. All the pressure is on them, we're deid remember.
They cant fathom the possibility of getting beaten of us - and Lennon knows it.

Going to be a long week full of Celtics 'injury' concerns.

Broxi Bear 1873

We must be at it right from the off, we will have no time to settle into this game. Unless we start well I am afraid that the smellys will steamroller over us and by the time we start it will be too late, we must score first and put them under pressure, do that and we will win.

jigster

Official Ticketer
think we'll win on penalties , don't think there has ever been a final won on them between the 2 sides at this level

Laudrup97

50/50 right now. Nerves already kicking in. Worrying about the pace of our cbs while our full backs push up the park. We could be exploited with their pace up front. I just want Morelos to utterly destroy them on Sunday.

Chris01

think we'll win on penalties , don't think there has ever been a final won on them between the 2 sides at this level
I hope for my nerves sake it doesn’t go to penalties.

I was an absolute wreck during the semi final penalty shootout with them.

Slickrick

Kent is the key. Arfield has to be on Brown winding him up. Gerrard has to also keep things simple. Kent and Morelos will win us the match. No stupid tactics and keep Aribo and Ojo miles away from this match.
We need this win.

de_whoa

Need to be careful we don’t underestimate them again, as a support and team. Be confident but not arrogant. Too many of us were arrogant before the last game.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
They are shit scared of Kent and they never had to face himn last time, they also never had to worry about any threat on their right due to Flanagan playing and Barisic will change that, they also never had Morelos from the start to contend with and a misfiring Kamara.

It will be tough and i feel sick thinking about it.

You know how every team we beat are pish, if we do win does that mean we can say they are pish aswell ?

Last edited:

Geerfc19

My concern is our right hand side. Tavernier has history of being caught out in big games. Then we have the problem of who plays ahead of him.

They have 3 up top who perform regularly. We only have 2 of 3 who perform.

We have the better midfield though and shown we can dominate the game against them.

EduardoHerrera

Blue tinted glasses off, I'm not very confident at all.

I feel their players are too cute and sleekit for us in this fixture.

Ability wise I think we are about even but they have the knack of scoring at the right times and managing the game much better than us.

However, INTAE THEM RANGERS!

linthousebear1981

If Gerrard makes the same tactical error and selection errors he made in the first game, then we will lose again.

If he gets the selection right, Morelos and Kent are on fire and we play with the same intensity we did against them in previous games then its our to be won.

My main concern is the right side the pitch for us, we leave way too many gaps and Celtic have players that will punish us if we do that.

I am 50/50 with this still. That will change on the day once I see who we are starting with.

GimmeShelter

Official Ticketer
We haven’t lost a game to them at Hampden whilst I’ve been in the West Stand.

Been in the South and North for the previous drubbings the last few years but back in the West Stand on Sunday.

Got to be a Gers win.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I never thought i would say this but i would go with Stewart for the right hand side against them, i appreciate he isn't very quick and that does worry me defensively but he has good skill and can cause real problems in and around their box.

Jones isn't going to be match fit so he wont play

Bowery Boy

I never thought i would say this but i would go with Stewart for the right hand side against them, i appreciate he isn't very quick and that does worry me defensively but he has good skill and can cause real problems in and around their box.

Jones isn't going to be match fit so he wont play
I've been coming around to this view too. Arfield and Aribo are wasted out there and Ojo isn't in the best form. Stewart's trickery and creativity could cause problems but I'm certain it will be Arfield.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I've been coming around to this view too. Arfield and Aribo are wasted out there and Ojo isn't in the best form. Stewart's trickery and creativity could cause problems but I'm certain it will be Arfield.
I would be more comfortable with Arfield in centre mid however Arfield has shown he can perform in these games before so i think you may be right.

DamBuster72

Very cliche but the midfield is where this game will be won and lost. We can't afford to have any passengers and for that reason Aribo and Ojo worry me.

Both are obviously capable of playing superbly and winning the game with an individual piece of brilliance but they're equally capable of letting the game pass them by.

There's no margin for error for the gaffer here; this is the acid test to our title-winning credentials. Can this crop of players do the business when it comes to the crunch of winning trophies?