In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

• Yes

Votes: 789 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 30.9%

• Total voters
Short run Premier league will lose money. Long run they will be new world beaters In their own. And we will eventually see little sh1ts running round with Southampton tops on or something.

We would be the biggest and best club in that league. No doubt about that, imagine the squad we could assemble?

I would support it. It would be a hard few years adjusting but long term it would be of great benefit. Even if the EPL loses millions with the big 6 leaving, the money on offer will still be 20-30x greater than the SPL

Getting away from the SPL is the only way for us to step up from European midtier to the uppertier.
The premier league wouldn't be the premier league though without those 6 clubs and it would generate nowhere near the amount of money it does now. It would still remain a superior league to the spl. One thing for sure is that we, and probably the east end mob would eventually end up dominating it as would be by far the 2 biggest clubs in it.

We'd still get to destroy celtc as they would be invited too. I know the prestigious teams would be gone if it were to actually happen but I'm not exactly excited at the prospect of playing teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock for eternity.

Only if it was a creation of a full British league.

Otherwise we are just as bad as the mob going to the super league, eh?
This for me.

Without the big six clubs in England the EPL as a business entity is a busted flush. The whole thing would need to be remodelled and if a British Premier League was formed as a result I think we’d take that opportunity so long as it still guaranteed us access to UEFA competition.

Games against Everton, Villa, West Ham, Leeds, etc, or continuing to skite across shitey plastic pitches at Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston?

It’s a no brainer at this stage for me.

We wouldn't get to just join the Premier League. We would have to start from the bottom and work our way up.
Not necessarily. If the EPL lose their biggest clubs, they would want an immediate solution to bring a bit of interest and spark to soften the heavy blow. Promoting shite from their championship wouldn't cut it. Inviting Scotlands 2 biggest clubs would generate alot of interest i reckon.

Rangers being in the EPL and gaining the finances that comes with it? Hell fking yeah!

It would free us from the shackles of Scotland and really let us spread our wings and fly.

Those finances would be a fraction of what they are now if the ‘big 6’ aren’t in it (which they are saying isn’t the plan as it stands admittedly).

Would it be more than what we make from the SPFL? Of course but not the same level of disparity there is at the moment.

A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.
As long as we leave the refs and administrators to preside over the brechin vs alloa saturday extravaganzas.

No.

We’re a Scottish club from Glasgow, we should play in the domestic competitions in this country and in the European competitions that we earn the right to play in through that.

Being the biggest and best in Scotland is something we should be immensely proud of and we should be the pioneers of football in this country, not some English football novelty act because of our rivalry with the other lot.
Saves me typing it.

As a merged British league system, absolutely. As an invitation to the EPL, absolutely not.

If we have learnt one thing over the past 10 years, it’s that we have no god given right to win things just because of who we are. It’s taken an incredible amount of work to get us back to the top, and that’s made 55 all the more special.

I guarantee winning 55 in Scotland had meant more to us than it will to any team winning this new Super League.

Scottish football doesn't want us. They don't want the Best team in the league either. I would definitely leave and let them hate themselves to death. It will be a league of Wales up here.
Our clubs are considerably bigger and better supported than league of Wales lol but you'd imagine Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would be the teams fighting it out for 1st place every season if it were to happen.

Yes if its a British league, BPL, however without any prejudices of the SPFL or its administrators included in it.

Last edited:
No.

We’re a Scottish club from Glasgow, we should play in the domestic competitions in this country and in the European competitions that we earn the right to play in through that.

Being the biggest and best in Scotland is something we should be immensely proud of and we should be the pioneers of football in this country, not some English football novelty act because of our rivalry with the other lot.
We are a British club from the United Kingdom, nothing else. Being the biggest club in jockland is akin to being the best Opera Singer in Port Glasgow. Onwards and upwards. It's time we got out of this bigoted, snp republican hell hole and took our grandeur to where it's appreciated.

British league yes. Promotion, relegation and entry into Europe to be competed for. Equal shares of Media revenues and equal votes in governance decisions. Id be all for it

We are a British club from the United Kingdom, nothing else. Being the biggest club in jockland is akin to being the best Opera Singer in Port Glasgow. Onwards and upwards. It's time we got out of this bigoted, snp republican hell hole and took our grandeur to where it's appreciated.

We literally play in Glasgow which is in Scotland.

We represent Scotland in European competitions.

So we are much, much more than just “a British club from the United Kingdom”.

Good to see that you as a supporter, apparently, like to belittle our stature within our own country though, top stuff.

I wouldn’t want to but I think there is a degree of inevitability to regionalised domestic tournaments becoming the norm in Europe. Already happening with Belgium and Holland. If it’s a merging of the Scottish and English set ups I wouldn’t oppose it, but if it was just us and Celtic we’d essentially be leaving for the same reasons I hate this Super League for, which I can’t really be in favour of.

I've hoped for this for ages. However I'd be deeply uncomfortable about doing it on the back of this super League.

No. However change is inevitable. Greed is driving it and I guess you sign up or get left behind.
They've stole my game.

Nope not for me. A British league, aye. We are a Scottish club. Not English. I dont care how much money its worth. I wouldnt be selling our soul for cash.
Right so with us in it and that mob. You would be for it if they changed the name to British League?

Right so with us in it and that mob. You would be for it if they changed the name to British League?
No. I mean where the British nations were all combined into one. Not just a name change.

Dunno where you came to that conclusion...

We would have no choice, we’d have to join it.

If this Super League goes ahead it kills the UEFA money.

So either we jump ship to England or downsize dramatically.

A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.
No, part of the attraction is to come up against the teams that are leaving and it just wouldn't be the same.

We would have no choice, we’d have to join it.

If this Super League goes ahead it kills the UEFA money.

So either we jump ship to England or downsize dramatically.
If TV money downsizes the market will downsize too. Wages and transfer fees across the board will probably adjust with the TV revenue.

The SPFL is a self serving cesspit, Peter Lawwell’s hegemony has been basically confirmed by all and sundry since his resignation. Soon as it’s announced there’s an awful lot of talk of his “huge influence” etc. Believe English said he was the most influential person in Scottish football. The Dundee debacle, Brechin City & totally shafting the pyramid teams, diddy teams voting against league reconstruction because they don’t want to lose their 4/8 old firm money spinners per year. It’s rife.

Genuine question, can you be opposed to the principle of the ESL and yet favour the two main events in Scotland leaving the SPFL? It seems there are parallels, and that makes me feel a bit conflicted.

The whole of football seems very sleazy/dirty today - but I think we have seen a disproportionate amount of sneaky, underhanded and outright corrupt individuals at board level in the SPFL. I don’t think my faith in the governing bodies up here could ever be restored, so I’d like to see it on that basis. The rest of the Scottish game is so backward, so shambolic and so bitter that I don’t think I would feel too guilty.

But yet, after the last 24 hours it doesn’t sit quite right with me anymore for some reason?

We are no better than the “big teams” joining this super league if we do

Did their governing bodies try to destroy them?
That’s a separate argument. This boils down to one thing, greed.
Why do fans want to play in EPL, for money.
why do the big clubs want to join this super league, for money.

I'd be all for this. It's a good opportunity to unify the English and Scottish leagues too. Scottish (lower league) football is dying, financially. This could be our chance to save many clubs and bring in new cash and viewers.

We go on about how football is a working mans game etc but can you imagine the prices of tickets if we were to be part of the EPL? We are a passionate and loyal fan base but the ordinary fan would eventually be priced out of attending, the heart and soul would be ripped out of club.

A UK cup would be something I'd be more behind.

The reality is I'll still support us whether we do or don't.

A love for a football club is an emotional attachment that puts up with more shite than an abused spouse.

Like Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool fans I will be watching no matter what league we play in.

But after our experience of the last decade in Scotland I think we would be mad not to pursue the opportunity.

In short, yes!

We are no better than the “big teams” joining this super league if we do
Good point but if we stay here we are going to fall even further behind. Imagine us with money the team we would have is scary to think

Ibrox would need to be 80,000 minimum

Good point but if we stay here we are going to fall even further behind. Imagine us with money the team we would have is scary to think

Ibrox would need to be 80,000 minimum
It’s just not for me, not anymore. Money is already killing the romance of football, would you really want us turning into Spurs, thinking finishing in the top 6 is a great season

Only if it was a British league. As others have said, I don’t want my club being part of an EPL set-up by default because others have left.

Its a yes from me , the people running our game are clueless and cant even get a sponsor for our competitions , games against newcastle, leeds , west ham ect over games against hamilton ,killie , dundee utd , whether we like it or not football is changing and we need to change with it

Back