In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

• Yes

Votes: 789 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 30.9%

• Total voters
If a british league was formed then i would be all for that

Yes, I'm all for that as long as it's a fair and level playing field for all?

What's going on at the moment is not just greed, it's also survival for these so called big six clubs, as reports tell us that they are all in financial difficulties which is also the same with the Italians and the Spanish sides!

As soon as I read that JP Morgan was the backer it smelt of typical American corruption which know's no bounds?

The Americans have filled their own sport with sleaze, corruption and gambling now they are moving into our beautiful game?

When you read your history books .....or google it ..... You will see the Morgan backed Nikola Telsa with his invention of electricity, till he found out that Telsa wanted too give the world free electricity so, he pulled all his loans and bankrupted the man!

So, you can see where this is all going sky high viewing charges for all just to watch a financial merry go round with no winners only losers?... Us!

If, JP Morgan had been around at the same time as the invention of the wheel we would all be driving with square wheels as it is his type that has held the world back from progressing due too their greed and their will to control the world.

The brand name for electric cars is Telsa, they tell us it will make our world a greener and safer place ..... What a load of tosh, if the world changed to electric cars tomorrow every country would need too build about five or six nuclear power stations or more wind farms of vast proportion just to run them?

Has the Morgan empire got it's greedy corrupt fingers into that as well?

To run electric cars are the moment you need cobalt for batteries which can only be produced by child slaves in the Democratic Republic of Congo, I would bet that the Morgan empire has got their greedy fingers into that as well?

Remember when we were children that our push bikes had a wee dynamo on the back wheel which produced back and front lights with just peddling the bike, so how come we have four wheels on a car that don't charge the cars battery?

Back to my earlier statement "free electricity".... Morgan the Pirate and his cronies are not going to have that?

The football authorities could stop it all before it all turns pear shaped by changing one word from their statements this "will" happen not this "might" happen.

If that doesn't work toss them all out of all competitions and demolish their ground and replace them with social housing.

Note: They are so corrupt these people that they have used a pandemic to roll out their sleaze and corruption too their hope of satisfaction?

Last edited:
I’m pissed off about the super league but I’m a football fan and that allows me to be a hypocrite. You can be sure the scum would run over glass to get there, that’s the reason Desmond didn’t want to join an Atlantic league recently. Fck being stuck playing Dundee United and winning £3m for the league.

No.

We’re a Scottish club from Glasgow, we should play in the domestic competitions in this country and in the European competitions that we earn the right to play in through that.

Being the biggest and best in Scotland is something we should be immensely proud of and we should be the pioneers of football in this country, not some English football novelty act because of our rivalry with the other lot.
I agree with your sentiment, but a large part of our season is dour boring etc,what a challenge this would be.

Whilst I want to leave this backwater it would be hypocritical of me to be against the Super League and then vote for us to join the EPL.

if it was a British League then I would vote for it.

I hope that someone in the EPL/SPFL starts to push the idea of the British League as the reaction from the Natzi’s will be glorious.

A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.
Better competition but no guarantee of Europe every year!

In the past, when the issue of the OF moving to the EPL was raised, one of the the principal objections was that it would create a precedent whereby clubs like Ajax and Feyenoord could play in the Bundesliga, or Benfica and Sporting joining La Liga, etc, etc.

But with the emergence of a transnational 'European Super League' then the old order no longer applies, and therefore those clubs locked out of the 'Super League', would feel free to strengthen their own situations by forming regionally-based leagues. In such a scenario, if Rangers were to be invited to join a newly constructed EPL it would be sheer madness to forego the opportunity.

I voted yes but I have reservations. OK I would like to escape from the clutches of the corrupt SFA but here we are almost guaranteed European football.
The guarantee of European football has always been major draw in recruiting good players however we are plying our trade in a footballing backwater, up against a governing body who are infested with farrier scum, I see no end in sight of a level playing field, for me id be out of this SPFL shithole tomorrow and laugh at the haters, Scottish football is dead, they just haven't lay down yet, let's get the duck out of it.

A British league with a way to allow promotion and relegation to this league for Scottish teams would be my preference. Maybe the lowest placed Scottish team has to compete in a playoff with the winner of the Scottish league each season. SFA have finished us as a respectable league years ago, for us to advance both internationally and domestically we need to get the hell out of this backwater.

That’s a separate argument. This boils down to one thing, greed.
Why do fans want to play in EPL, for money.
why do the big clubs want to join this super league, for money.
The money is a bonus, I want out of this corrupt cesspit to play better quality teams who actually want to play something resembling football on grass.

A UK league at least has legitimacy rather than us and them going in the English league, might be good for the country as a whole too.

If it was reorganised into a British league with the rest of the SPFL & Championship merging and regionalised under that with the ability for other teams to progress through promotion.
Otherwise we'd be no better than the ones pissing off to their superleague

I would like to see us play against Leeds, West Ham and Everton rather than Dundee utd, Ross County and Hamilton.
That's exactly the attitude that those Super League clubs have

We have too much history and animosity with clubs like Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen for me to want to turn my back on them, I enjoy those fixtures too much even though the standard is horrible

There is only so much tv money to go around. If super league created I imagine they would take a monster slice of that money. If they end up kicked out of EPL the money that currently goes there will fall off the cliff and not be as attractive a proposition for us to join.

Would I want it, yes, probably? Will it happen, No.

If it was done via invite and including approval with the SPFL & SFA (just as the FA and FL approved the original formation of the PL) then I don't see a problem. Although quite how the SFA, SPFL and other member clubs would agree to it I'm not sure. What would they gain? I suppose some form of annual payments for X years might placate them but I doubt it.

Agreement from UEFA would only ever happen if agreement existed between the FA, SFA, PL and SPFL allowing it to happen. Otherwise, how would it be any different to what's happening with the proposed ESL?

I just don't see it happening, but will keep my fingers crossed, sort of, maybe. ;)

Not for me it has got greed written all over it and make no mistake there are going to be no winners in this.

Senior club officials have resigned their UEFA and FIFA positions and legal action has already been filed to challenge any sanctions. This shows just how far this has gone down the planning stage, it is ready to go and there is going to be seismic split in football.

That's exactly the attitude that those Super League clubs have

We have too much history and animosity with clubs like Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen for me to want to turn my back on them, I enjoy those fixtures too much even though the standard is horrible
Those clubs would have liked us to have gone out of existence as 2012 proved. I for one would not give a hoot about turning my back on them.

I
A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.
In a heartbeat. I hate Scottish football and wish it nothing but harm.

Personally I wouldn't.
I'd back it if there was a British FA set up and a pyramid that incorporates clubs from all over the UK. Nobody left behind and everybody with possibilities. Unlike this new closed shop SoccerBowl they are creating

Those clubs would have liked us to have gone out of existence as 2012 proved. I for one would not give a hoot about turning my back on them.
Funny you should mention 2012, as moving to the Sky money leagues would attract exactly the type of parasites that were all over our club back then, if not even worse characters

Losing the club to a Kroenke, Levy, Abramovic type is the worst thing that could ever happen to us

Super league franchises will mean teams being relocated on a whim. This will end badly for some of the founders

A British League structure would be great. We should be big enough and good enough to compete for the top league and qualify for the European competitions on offer. The domestic cup competitions could be retained so we could have localised games.

I'm sure if a British League was setup, it would probably have governing body with representatives of all FA's involved, so sadly Doncaster would be involved.

Oooift. Too close to call in my head so I've no votes.

On one hand. We are a Scottish team. We are the most successful team in the world in the back of dominating our Scottish league. And that's not been a walk in the park. It is a real and good competition.

But the current folk in charge. The broken system, the "we're not here to develop rangers players" attitude, the referees and mhedia... Its tempting. And to move to an EPL with a massive void? No 'big 6'? Very quickly we could get to a stage of dominating down there with the lack of established competition!

My head would say yes, it would be long-term a good riaj to take. But my heart? Give me a windy game against Hibs on a frozen pitch any time.

Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Berwick, Gretna and numerous other smaller clubs play/played in the Leagues of other home nations, so there is precedent.

I would love to see a UK League (Scotland, England, Wales & N.I.). I live in hope that Rangers could join that League......but only if the Oirish club was excluded from joining and they were told to join their own poxy League in the ROI. The tramps and the SFA would then reap what they've sown and go bust.

Even if no super league was happening, and I don’t think it will, but I’d support us playing in England anytime.

I am in favour of a British league.
However, not in the same way that the big clubs intend by forming a super league.
I would still want a structure of meritocracy based on sporting achievement with all the possibilities involved, which also includes failure.
The British league would have a pyramid system below, much as exists in both England and Scotland today.

My reasons for this are two-fold, I want Rangers to have access to the same advantages as English sides have by being part of the entire British sporting economy and not sidelined to a mere 10 per cent of it.
Further, I believe that opening up the biggest sport in the nation in this manner will strengthen the ties of the Union.
I have long believed this.

Sadly this will involve allowing The Filth in as well.
If the Filth get into a British league dependent upon the Union remaining, watch their support for the SNP fall like snaw aff a dyke.

If the super league actually goes ahead, it throws the Champions League wide open. I'd like to see us continue to play in the Scottish league and build our coefficient in Europe.

This is the best opportunity yet for British football and the likes of sky and bt to come together and create a show for the fans

Rangers and Celtic aren't realising their true potential in our the spfl. This is a great opportunity to open a pathway to the EPL.

Perhaps a play off situation in what the top of the spfl could play a 3rd place in the EFL or something for a place in the EPL.

It can’t happen with just us and them. The six Judas clubs need replaced by six Scottish clubs or none. We go into premier league with them, possibly Aberdeen and Hibs in championship and Hearts and Dundee Utd in 1st Division with the lowest placed Scottish club going into a playoff with the Scottish league winner every season.

Not for me

I would rather play in our league and win titles etc than become a club that might win a trophy now and again due to the competition in England.

Obviously we would have much more money and a higher standard of player but still I'd rather remain how it is just now.

For me? I don't see how you can be against the ESL, yet back us joining the epl. Both are purely commercial business decisions.
It's a no on both for me

If this ESL is going to happen the rest of European football will have to adapt, if the 6 English teams go perhaps 4 invites to Scottish teams and 2 to NI (starting at different levels I’m guessing the championship is the highest Rangers could enter) and call it a British league. Would be good for Rangers and might strengthen the Union.

If the super league actually goes ahead, it throws the Champions League wide open. I'd like to see us continue to play in the Scottish league and build our coefficient in Europe.

Still be a massive ask to win it with financial handicap we have in Scotland though, we’d the biggest club in this British league and if we qualified for the CL we’d have a decent chance of winning it. Regular top 4 shouldn’t be beyond us most seasons once we’re established.

Back