Is Messi going to shortly be a problem for Barca?

Barcelona really do need an overhaul. Some great individuals but as a team they just don't look right anymore. Pique, Busquets, Rakatic, Vidal, Suarez and Messi - 6 big players who are 32 or 33. The supporting cast for those 6 arent nearly good enough. Martin Braithwaite? Griezmann is also at his peak at 29 and really has a few more years at the top before he starts to decline. There's no real core that Barcelona can rebuild around. Sergi is in his late 20s too. You could be looking at Griezmann, Sergi, De Jong, Dembele Umtiti, Semedo, Firpo and Arthur as the core of Barcelona for the next 4-5 years, but that core needs some serious help.

Best thing they could do right now is sell Suarez and Messi to whoever is stupid enough to pay big money - China, PSG or Man City - and try to speed up the rebuild with some careful purchases.

Considering most of us on this forum have never played at professional level or even near it, the comments about Messi are ridiculous. Whatever you think about him in terms of greatness, you can't deny he is a fantastic player who has shown consistently that he is a level above most players on the planet at the moment.

You move messi into a team with top athletes to do the work round him he can still perform at any level. Barca aren't what they used to be and it shows bad.

He never slated us mate that was mischief making from the Scottish press as per usual. You could have put Ronaldo Messi and Mbappe in that Barcelona line up last night and they'd still have got pumped. The midfield and defence is woeful.
Agree with your last piece,but will debate about messis quote ,had kept a cutting out of the herald,before I fell out with them!where a bear from paisley had raised the issue of messi's quote!lost it now so can't prove it!

I don’t pay too much attention to Spanish football nowadays. Does anybody see Messi playing at any other club? Unless he accepts that he’ll need to begin dropping from the level of Barca then he needs to accept being sidelined and moved to coaching or upstairs somewhere. It’s only logical.

I don’t pay too much attention to Spanish football nowadays. Does anybody see Messi playing at any other club? Unless he accepts that he’ll need to begin dropping from the level of Barca then he needs to accept being sidelined and moved to coaching or upstairs somewhere. It’s only logical.
He will destroy all before him in any league at any time in the future according to some on here. Because he is the Greatest offaltime apparently.

He will destroy all before him in any league at any time in the future according to some on here. Because he is the Greatest offaltime apparently.
The frustration of becoming ordinary might just work against him. There’s not many people to compare to for sure. Personally I think I’d rather finish at the top than become a bit of a joke because you look shite compared to yourself.

In a league where:
  • Danny Ings, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford and Tammy Abraham are among the top scorers
  • Emi Buendia, Andy Robertson, Harvey Barnes, Jack Grealish, Daniel James and Ashley Westwood are among the top assisters
Lionel Messi would struggle to make an impact.

Follow Follow at it's utterly mental best.

Listen mate. He apparently said something absolutely horrific about us one time.

That automatically makes him inferior to CR7 and unable to play in the EPL. Supposedly Messi has scored more goals against English opposition than any other player but that obviously has to be nonsense.

The frustration of becoming ordinary might just work against him. There’s not many people to compare to for sure. Personally I think I’d rather finish at the top than become a bit of a joke because you look shite compared to yourself.
He's good but he's no Maradona.

I anticipate that those on here who continually make Messi out to be the greatest football player ever will soon move on to the next big thing. It's almost as if they have to be a fan of the best in any given sport just to justify what they believe in.

I anticipate that those on here who continually make Messi out to be the greatest football player ever will soon move on to the next big thing. It's almost as if they have to be a fan of the best in any given sport just to justify what they believe in.
The Ronaldo/Messi debate seems to have become tribal for a lot of people. Like supporting a club, they’ve decided who they’ll support(to the hilt). They’re no Ally McCoist, that’s for certain.

I'm calling Carstairs. Messi is only good. Wise up.

There won’t be another Messi.

The Ronaldo/Messi debate seems to have become tribal for a lot of people. Like supporting a club, they’ve decided who they’ll support(to the hilt). They’re no Ally McCoist, that’s for certain.
It's a strange scenario no doubt, supporting a player would never play for your team (to the hilt) with a tribal affection makes supporting your team a double edged sword. You can support your team in reality or support what you think your team should be. It's a fucking minefield as far as I'm concerned.

It's a strange scenario no doubt, supporting a player would never play for your team (to the hilt) with a tribal affection makes supporting your team a double edged sword. You can support your team in reality or support what you think your team should be. It's a fucking minefield as far as I'm concerned.
Anyone able to decipher this?

I'll keep being wrong thanks.

Can you tell me what your little squeeze achieved last night against
Bayern?

I forgot he was on the park until they showed him at full time.
If you look at any of my previous posts you would notice a few things.
I wanted Bayern to win and was happy they did.
Overall I would say I prefer Ronaldo to Messi but can appreciate both.
My "little squeeze" (odd term) doesn't actually play football :cool:

This type of opinion should truthfully lead to a ban. I understand it’s a forum and it’s for people’s opinions no matter how clever or STUPID but cmon to %^*&

How about you tell him/us your opinion on messi therefore telling us what is wrong with his opinion rather than just criticise the poster for the having his own view.

How about you tell him/us your opinion on messi therefore telling us what is wrong with his opinion rather than just criticise the poster for the having his own view.

I wouldn’t waste my time telling a roofer about being an electrician. So why would I waste my time talking about football with someone that obviously has no idea?

Also anyone that has the slightest clue about football wouldn’t need it explained to them why his opinion is total shite.

Last edited:
Bayern remind me of a souped-up version of Mourinho’s Chelsea then led by Drogba that over ran and overpowered the famed Barca team of that time.
This Bayern team are light years aheads of that Chelsea team and could rule Europe for a few years.
Will be interesting to see how Liverpool strengthen next season and also what happens against Citeh in the semis if the Mancs get there!

A part of their problem which was mentioned on the show there was the clique nature to the club . It seems if you come in and messi dont like you then you have no chance, cant just be a coincidence that great players go there and suddenly become shit.
Same can be said about the Argentina team.

Mauro Icardi is one of the best forwards in the world and he's played 8 games in 7 years because Messi doesn't like him.

His situation reminds me of Raul at Real Madrid years back. He's carried that team on his back for years and you can't blame him for not being arsed anymore. In saying that, if Ronaldo was stoating about the pitch listlessly like he was last night, the individual criticism would be 10 times more severe.

Inter are about to launch a massive rebrand similar to the J-project and it would be phenomenal if they could make a deal work. On Barca's part, garbage like Vidal, Semedo and Suarez should be moved on and the side built around De Jong, who hasn't really had a fair crack of the whip. It's quite horrific how he's been managed actually.

Last edited:
Realistically where could Messi go?

He'd be ineffective in Italy,England and probably Germany. He couldn't go anywhere else in Spain.

So he's left with the middle east or going home and those are probably beneath him in his mind at this time.

Are you being serious?

Any big team in any of the big leagues would take messi and he would instantly become their best player.

All about cycles. Fergie was a master at rejuvenating his squads every few years, even got rid of some big players to.

Barca haven't been consistently bringing in new and hungry talent every 3 or 4 years and now are in a position where they need 5 first 11 players on top of squad options.

Criminal with the resources they have.

I don't really follow football outwith Rangers but it would be interesting to see Messi in the Italian league. Like you, I have my doubts he's the best ever, but he has been a great player. Maybe he needs a new challenge.

Back