Is Messi going to shortly be a problem for Barca?

Juan Mata and David Silva have both been excellent in England and made it look easy at times yet we are to believe that Messi would struggle. I often wonder if some people on here know what they are watching.

I suspect some simply want that to be true more than it having any kind of veracity.

The idea that clubs like Man City, PSG or even Bayern wouldn’t be interested in Messi is just preposterous.

If they want to fix themselves, they should cash in on Messi and use that money to rebuild their squad. They need a major overhaul and Messi now hinders the progression to a new approach with new players.

Hell no.

I stand by my assertions and reiterate the point that most of you lot piling on are misunderstanding what I posted due to your own personal prejudices.
The delusion is strong in this one.

I say that as a person who actually prefers Ronaldo, I genuinely think he is every so slightly better.

But your opinion that Messi would have nowhere realistically to go should he leave and he wouldn’t be particularly good in England, is absolutely bat shit mental. It really is.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger name than Messi in any of the top leagues right now, if he and Barcelona decided to part ways.
He would absolutely walk into any starting 11 in the world right now.
Can you imagine him with Ronaldo at Juventus??

I'll keep being wrong thanks.

Can you tell me what your little squeeze achieved last night against
Bayern?

I forgot he was on the park until they showed him at full time.
By far, thee greatest player to grace the game. In every area, his statistics are mind boggling. Folk saying he couldn't handle the English game... His record against English teams is outrageous. 22 goals in 29 games (and that's top 4 sides, not Hull or Wigan). More than that, however, it's the WAY he plays. If you disagree, you're wrong or trolling.

By far, thee greatest player to grace the game. In every area, his statistics are mind boggling. Folk saying he couldn't handle the English game... His record against English teams is outrageous. 22 goals in 29 games (and that's top 4 sides, not Hull or Wigan). More than that, however, it's the WAY he plays. If you disagree, you're wrong or trolling.

Always love a post that tells you that you're wrong before you reply to it, it's the way forward for discussion IMO.

Messi is only a problem if they insist on hanging on to him. There would be no shortage of buyerS and they can pretty much name their price. The ball is really in Barca’s court.

Always love a post that tells you that you're wrong before you reply to it, it's the way forward for discussion IMO.
.. Whilst offering absolutely no counter point. On every metric, Messi is a phenomenon. Glib statements focusing on what you see as a poor debate, don't really contribute anything. It's the what people do to deflect from their initial weak point.

.. Whilst offering absolutely no counter point. On every metric, Messi is a phenomenon. Glib statements focusing on what you see as a poor debate, don't really contribute anything. It's the what people do to deflect from their initial weak point.
What was my initial point again?

We have moved beyond the Messi and Ronaldo era now. They've been the best around for so long that everyone sorta automatically assumes they are still the top two but the truth is that they are slowing down in terms of their effect on games. Numbers still really good of course but neither have very long left at automatically being able to walk into any team on the planet.

The 'ineffective' one.
Well he was certainly ineffective last night. His team needed a talisman type performance and he disappeared but he's Messi so everyone will conveniently forget that and just claim he's brilliant regardless.

Yeah, I probably underestimated the fanboy love for Messi on here.

It's probably just as well that I never mentioned that the Portuguese Ronaldo is a better all round player than Messi.

Edit. Ahh Shit.
Probably just as well. Because you’d be talking bollocks.

Barca’s problem is the president, who has overseen a shitshow for years now. They’ll be in limbo until he fucks off next year, unless he does the decent thing and goes now.

Barca’s problem is the president, who has overseen a shitshow for years now. They’ll be in limbo until he fucks off next year, unless he does the decent thing and goes now.

Was about to say exactly this, most likely another stop gap manager next season then a new president/manager combo in 2021

Never liked messi since he bad mouthed us. Prefer Real Madrid anyway. If he's leaving barca he's welcome here on a free and reduced wages for a couple of seasons. o_O

The only thing limiting which clubs Messi could go to are finances and his absolutely insane salary. I don't think he would shine as much in Klopp's ultra intense press, but put him in that Man City team and he'd be the best player the EPL had ever seen even at his age.

'Ineffective'.....sorry but stop watching football now:))

He shouldn't get an easy ride for the other night and he isn't immune to criticism on his individual performance in that game. But to say he would be ineffective against any opposition in the world is bordering on lunacy.

Back