Jaap Stam - Rangers kick you in half

EOS

It's the classic chat when we play a decent European side - those rough and ready Scots!!

Last night was pretty tame, really. Nothing wrong with players using their strength or the odd pull back to stop a dangerous attack.

Tony75tfc

Aye no bother jaaps eye we will just stand off and let your team play the way they want .its a mans game ffs when did footballers become so soft

pandager1

Did anyone read the article? His quoted words reflect as a failing on their side to keep up with us rather than a snipe at us for playing aggressively.
It's Follow Follow mate. People like to dive in head first without reading the full article and context.

Bangersbc

When i was a young player at centre back, Big Jaap was my idol. His style of play and mentality was what i wanted to channel.

There is 0% chance he sees kicking people in half as a critisism of us. This is big jaap critising his own team for not putting their body on the line and allowing themselves to lose the battle! And good on him. We won pretty much every 50:50. Even Borna looked a warrior in that game!

Calico Jack

There wasn't one 'bad' tackle the entire game :rolleyes:

There were a few niggles and a bit of pulling to breakup play but I don't recall 1 wreckless or nasty tackle.

Sour grapes, expected better from him.
Except the booking when, I think it was Arfield was fouled.

Wank is just trying to sway officials.

bilkobear

I don't find it that bitter in all honesty, it is pretty fair and decent coaching reflection.
I agree.
In fact, it is actually flattering and Staam is pointing out to his own players the need for physical commitment.
Staam himself was no shrinking violet if memory serves me correctly.

devilman

Wow! What a greetin' face dick he's came across as. We did nothing of the sort. His team were very lucky last night not to be on the end of an absolute horsing and he's trying to say we were too rough. So, is he saying his team shat it?

Blue Max

Jaap Stam? More like Japs Eye. Greeting faced cnut.

Can't stop watching the replay from last night. We were brilliant

Thebearman

We were more up for it, better than them in every department on every area of the pitch. Sour grapes indeed, we'll beat them in Holland also

bornabluenose

Wow! What a greetin' face dick he's came across as. We did nothing of the sort. His team were very lucky last night not to be on the end of an absolute horsing and he's trying to say we were too rough. So, is he saying his team shat it?
Some absolute bangers on here would have you believe otherwise.

Another Dodgy Decision

Huge majority on this haven’t read the article. He’s saying his team need to do more of what Rangers do. A bit like how under warburton we wouldn’t have anyone in the team who would take a booking to avoid a break much like kamara did last night. What Stan says is a compliment to us.

rez1872

Stam was bemoaning his sides inability to beat an aggressive press. Has been quite critical of his own teams shortcomings in the Dutch press.

Superrangers

Fûck off Jaap’s eye. Your side gave as good as they got. The ref gave you more than enough fouls for the dives of your players and failed to give us a second penalty for a stonewall foul on Morelos.

bluecode03

I didn’t read into this as a physical description more of an analysis of how we cut through them and how the hole atmosphere of the game left them way behind.

Brick Hithouse

I don’t see it as bitter. Looks like he is merely pointing out that they couldn’t deal with the physicality we brought. As someone who played and managed in Britain, Stam would understand this.

Suttonger

It's Follow Follow mate. People like to dive in head first without reading the full article and context.
I will say the report itself did lead off by the insinuation that stam was slagging us off rather than his own players then when you actually read the quote he is aiming the comment at his team rather than ours.
So maybe a few posters read the first few lines and jumped the gun :)

Thommo2006

What showed me we are getting used to this level was a booking kamara took guy was past him one on one with I think helander and I was screaming for kamara to pull him down which he did. Sometimes were to honest and in an ideal world I'd love it if that wasn't part of the game but it is