Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d expect to see at least one of Docherty, Rossiter or Dorrans leave if he comes in.

Docherty deserves a chance to prove himself because he had a succesfull loan spell. Rossiter am not too sure about but Dorrans 100% should be away, hes done nothing in 18 months, yes hes been injured but thats even more reason to let him go

Haven’t seen him play and have to admit that I’d not heard of him - however with everything that’s been said about him recently I’m quite excited by the prospect of him coming to Ibrox.
Maybe he’s the reason we seem not to have pursued an interest in Turnbull.

When we have the chance to sign players like this it's so annoying to think of all the wasted wages on the likes of Dorrans, Holt, Wallace (latterly), Coulibaly, Ejaria, Grezda, Rossiter etc.

Like the look of the lad and signs are positive that he is giving us some serious consideration. Fair play if he chooses us over the other English clubs interested, the more of these promising English youngsters that join us can't help but boost our profile down south and make us at least as attractive a propisition as your average Championship / lower end EPL team.

Aribo, Ojo, Kalac, Olsson and Andre Gray (if Morelos goes) would represent cracking business imo. Make it happen Gers!

If he plays on the left hand side then it could be a good addition. A lot of our play happens down the left hand side and it's really just Kent that gives us anything on the left (also caused by our LB troubles this year) if we can improve the whole left hand side teams will struggle more against us. Attacking them from left and right or through middle in our most recent 4231 formation with arfield close to striker.

Excited by this but wondering who loses their place out of kamara Davis and arfield, they seemed to really click at the end of the season which could have been good going forward

we need to upgrade on certain midfielders.

Ryan Jack, as much as he offers a certain something, is upgradeable.

Guys let’s remember he hasn’t signed yet, a lot of work still to be done I imagine.

agreed, which is why I mentioned yesterday on the transfer thread, that one or two posters, well one, was building a narrative on the lad, despite not seeing him play.

Opinion went from not seen him to know if good enough, until he was then linked with Celtic and he was all for it.

Its a similar narrative on other recent panty wetting threads

You can see what's coming if we don't get him and he goes to them for example, said person toys will be out pram calling blue murder.

we need to upgrade on certain midfielders.

Ryan Jack, as much as he offers a certain something, is upgradeable.

Agree. If we want to progress we need to upgrade in all areas including replacing players we like. Jack is my first choice for upgrade too. His biggest skill is in awareness of space both defensively and offensively. However he is poor at carrying the ball himself, not great in range of forward passing and, though he has scored vital goals, they are not a big feature of his play. He is better defensively but is not an undroppable legend there. If we get a player 90% as good defensively but 120% as good offensively then that is an improvement. And I suspect Aribo’s comparisons are much higher than that.

Midfielder who drives up the pitch and gets among the goals.

I like the sound of this guy and hope a deal is done.

The lure of champions league football is always going to be there with them.

Hopefully Gerrard over Lennon is the Leveller.
It isn't even a leveller,mate. It's a no brainer for me and I think SG factor will swing it,he'll develope better under Gerrard than he would Lennon

Never watched him play a full 90, so it's hard to comment, but from the YouTube reel, I like his athleticism and composure on the ball.

If he does sign, I imagine one of Rossiter & Docherty will be offski.
I could see Docherty going to a good championship team I think we would get decent fee you'd have to feel for the lad if that happens it could be a case of right club wrong time

Davis isn't going to play every game over the course of the season, depth is essential as we found out to our cost last season. For me he would be in the first team.

Worth it on a free for sell on value alone.

Docherty deserves a chance to prove himself because he had a succesfull loan spell. Rossiter am not too sure about but Dorrans 100% should be away, hes done nothing in 18 months, yes hes been injured but thats even more reason to let him go
I'd like to see Rossiter get a decent run,think he'd be ideal to replace Jack on occasion.

Hope the club do everything they can to get this signing, looks a player, no fee and the scum will be raging!

Just let’s wait and see where this is going before we assume that it’s a done deal- the talks and our interest in this youngster are not finalised and others are also looking to get him, so just let us keep our powder dry until it is confirmed by the club that he has chosen us over other interested parties.

That Charlton forum that was posted yesterday now saying he could be away to celtic

I've no doubt they are in for him as well as us and a few others. Should he decide to come to Scotland I'd hope Gerrard persuades him to join us, surely it's a no brainer!

Raman from STV just tweeted literally seconds ago that our interest in him is ‘very strong’ and talks are ongoing.

This would be a wise signing and would be very happy with it.

We are very heavy in the middle though. A lot of players who are all of a similar standard. We also have Docherty and Rossiter coming back. Maybe we need to loan them out again, along with McCrorie. Preferably to other SPFL clubs.

From Raman STV

Re Rangers transfer targets: club's interest in Joe Aribo is v strong. Talks with midfielder's reps on-going. Discussions have taken place with Swedish left back Martin Olsson. Deal to bring George Edmundson to Ibrox ain't over (Rangers have had two bids rejected by Oldham)

If it’s purely money they will try and beat our offer but time will tell who he joins

I’ve no idea of the player if he’s good or bad tbh

I'm getting the feeling we are being primed for one of their games of one upsmanship.

Making us look silly in media.

Here's how I see it

If he wants to improve as a player then he'll come to us and work under Gerrard and Gary Mac.

If he wants the money now he'll go to the Tims.

I'm getting the feeling we are being primed for one of their games of one upsmanship.

I would hope we get either the charlton lad or Turnbull. As long as get one of them at least.

I would prefer Aribo though.

This would be a wise signing and would be very happy with it.

We are very heavy in the middle though. A lot of players who are all of a similar standard. We also have Docherty and Rossiter coming back. Maybe we need to loan them out again, along with McCrorie. Preferably to other SPFL clubs.
We play with 3 cm's so we need 6 in the sqaud. McCrorie needs a loan spell. Docherty and Rossiter stay in the squad for me.

There's also a feeling that they're now a club in decline, whereas we could be on the cusp of something very special.

And given the paedophilia scandal that has engulfed Celtic I'd seriously have to question why any right-minded individual would want to sign for them.

They're damaged goods.

And as others have said Bill, you as a player walk in to meet Steven Gerrard & Wee Lenny. Who’s gonna win that argument ?

They are going to beat us to certain players. Need to just accept it and move on.

We beat them to the title then I couldn't care less if they get 'one over on us'.

Trying to contact the charlton fan from my work who told me earlier in the week we’d made our move (before it was in the press). He’s off today

We play with 3 cm's so we need 6 in the sqaud. McCrorie needs a loan spell. Docherty and Rossiter stay in the squad for me.

Arfield, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Aribo, Docherty, Rossiter could work. There’s Polster too, whatever he is. It’s the amount of wide men I’m worried about; kinda hoping the Stewart deal is dead, as seems a little pointless. Especially if we are planning Ojo and still hoping on Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back