Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Charlton fan who posted that Aribo is joining Celtic was based on nothing other than Alan Nixon's tweet last night confirming that Celtic have an interest.

All the signs from reliable sources in the media right now point to us being ahead at this moment in time, although it could admittedly change in an instant.

He certainly isn't close to joining Celtic and there's no indication they've even held talks with him so far, despite their confirmed interest.

Arfield, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Aribo, Docherty, Rossiter could work. There’s Polster too, whatever he is. It’s the amount of wide men I’m worried about; kinda hoping the Stewart deal is dead, as seems a little pointless. Especially if we are planning Ojo and still hoping on Kent.
I was hoping it was waiting on Kent that was keeping any Stewart announcement at bay.
However, the Stewart deal must be done as surely we’d have heard of other moves or even interest in him.

I watched a bit of Aribo on YouTube last night and he looks decent but I'd say he's similar in style and play to Ejaria and that didn't really work out.

The management team and Mark Allen will always get my full support and if this one gets over the line it will be a welcome addition.
He's got more defensively than Ejaria.

There was nothing wrong with Ejarias ability, just his desire and mental strength.

I watched a bit of Aribo on YouTube last night and he looks decent but I'd say he's similar in style and play to Ejaria and that didn't really work out.

The management team and Mark Allen will always get my full support and if this one gets over the line it will be a welcome addition.
I'd liken him more to Kamara's style of play i.e tenacious and superb ball retention .... he certainly looks to have way more heart than Ejaria to me

When we have the chance to sign players like this it's so annoying to think of all the wasted wages on the likes of Dorrans, Holt, Wallace (latterly), Coulibaly, Ejaria, Grezda, Rossiter etc.

In a years time some of the players you want to sign now will be on a list similar to the one you have above.

Some signings work out. Sone don't.

I watched a bit of Aribo on YouTube last night and he looks decent but I'd say he's similar in style and play to Ejaria and that didn't really work out. Especially when Ejaria came deep for us.

He looks very similar to Ejaria but with an end product, hopefully he has a much stronger mentality if he signs.

That Charlton fan who posted that Aribo is joining Celtic was based on nothing other than Alan Nixon's tweet last night confirming that Celtic have an interest.

All the signs from reliable sources in the media right now point to us being ahead at this moment in time, although it could admittedly change in an instant.

He certainly isn't close to joining Celtic and there's no indication they've even held talks with him so far, despite their confirmed interest.

What are GranitXB saying on it lad?

For all the players that are rumoured, there’s nobody that plays the role Stewart does.

He’s still worth bringing on the tiny wages he’ll command.
I agree with this.
I know it might not be what he wants but, to me, there is something very advantageous in left footer playing on the right and offering the threat of cutting inside.

Ejaria May be a similar type of player to Aribo. However there was nothing wrong with Ejaria as a player, it was his mentality which was weak.

Aribo May be similar in style, however it doesn’t mean he has a weak mentality like Ejaria.

Don't think anyone has said that to be fair.

Whos alan nixon mate?

I was hoping it was waiting on Kent that was keeping any Stewart announcement at bay.
However, the Stewart deal must be done as surely we’d have heard of other moves or even interest in him.

Was thinking exactly the same. The wait for Stewart seems a little odd if it is totally sewn up.

For all the players that are rumoured, there’s nobody that plays the role Stewart does.

He’s still worth bringing on the tiny wages he’ll command.

That’s true. However, if you combine the wages of Jones, Stewart and Polster; you could probably get one good player who will contribute more than those three would combined. The lesser wages add up, as we’ve discovered over and over.

I feel like we are replacing squad members who never got anywhere near the side. We should be replacing them with guys like Candeias, Halliday and Flanagan (unless they’re for the off too) and bringing in a few off better quality.

Perhaps his Birmingham contract has a bit to run they will not announce until it’s over.

It runs until the end of the month, but I don’t see why that would be an issue. It’s evident he isn’t staying there.

Arfield, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Aribo, Docherty, Rossiter could work. There’s Polster too, whatever he is. It’s the amount of wide men I’m worried about; kinda hoping the Stewart deal is dead, as seems a little pointless. Especially if we are planning Ojo and still hoping on Kent.
Don't forget we also got candeias

There is going to be a lot of disappointed bears with regards to kent.

Why would liverpool loan him to us again?

as far as they are concerned its job done, he has came up here, played well and been noticed by top championship/lower EPl clubs who will not be prepared to pay around the £10million mark for him.

He is nowhere near the required level (and this is not a criticism of the boy) to be part of liverpools squad.

IF liverpool bizrelly try to loan him again then it will be to another EPL or top championship to try to increase his value as another loan spell with us will not increase his value, no matter if he does well in the europa and we win the league.

There is 0 chance kent will be with us next season.

Sorry for p1ssing on peoples cornflakes.

as far as they are concerned its job done, he has came up here, played well and been noticed by top championship/lower EPl clubs who will not be prepared to pay around the £10million mark for him.

He is nowhere near the required level (and this is not a criticism of the boy) to be part of liverpools squad.

IF liverpool bizrelly try to loan him again then it will be to another EPL or top championship to try to increase his value as another loan spell with us will not increase his value, no matter if he does well in the europa and we win the league.

If he go’s on loan again it will be to Rangers. If he’s sold it won’t be to Rangers.

I agree with most of what you say but Roberts was loaned to the harborers for two consecutive seasons.

In a years time some of the players you want to sign now will be on a list similar to the one you have above.

Some signings work out. Sone don't.

This is true.

Signings always carry a gamble and could work out etheir way for example no one could have thought Tav would have had the impact he had for such a small fee and from a shite club.

I suppose signings like Pena brought in from some obscure league for a decent fee may be the opposite end of the spectrum what a disaster that was.

If he go’s on loan again it will be to Rangers. If he’s sold it won’t be to Rangers.

He wont be playing with us next season mate.

As much as we would all love it, it makes absolutely no sense for liverpool to loan him to us, there is no benefit for them.

Sounds mental, but I think this one is bigger than just the player.

Unusually, we know for 100% fact that Celtic are after him - due to leaked memo.

If he chooses us over them, it's another significant step on the road to normal service being resumed. Would have been unimaginable over the past 7 years.

Would be a shock to them and their fans.

Get it done, Rangers.

I’m very much resigned to him not being here next season.
However, until something is signed and sealed, I’ll believe we’re in with a chance.
The player himself might make the decision.
He cannot be forced to do something he’s dead against.

We’ll know soon enough, I think you’re underestimating Gerrards influence.

I hope I am but I dont think gerrards influence will make any difference to what liverpool decide to do.

Also a few bears met him on holiday and he does not expect to be with us next season.

Again I really hope Im wrong but im 100% sure he will be sold and playing in EPL/championship next season.

Lets hope ojo can make a similar impression for us and things seem to point to him being a done deal.

Not just Gerrard on this one.
Another season like the last one for Kent, would guarantee them a £20m player to sell on.

Yes on loan playing in the EPl or championship against better players.

If by some miracle he ended up coming on loan next season to us and has a belter of season, it would make no difference to his value down south in my opinion.

He has increased his value to the mxium it can be playing in our league.

I do remember him, at least I think I do

Think his first game was a midweek game against Dundee at Ibrox, we got beat 2-0, on the Saturday we went to fir park and won 2-1, think he started on the bench that day, Bob Malcolm scored a last minute winner

I could just have made that up mind you

Aribo's style is very relaxed and laid back, especially when on the ball. Ejaria had a section of our support against him at times. Just hope it's not the same with Aribo should he sign.

Its the exact thoughts I had watching him during the play offs, he’s very similar to Ejaria and try’s a lot of flicks and tricks, many didn’t come off and I had visions of thousands growling from the stands!

However some of the stats posted about him are very encouraging, although we have to bare in mind that league 1 is pretty poor overall and the pressure at Charlton is far less than playing for us trying to stop them winning 9 in a row.

Yes on loan playing in the EPl or championship against better players.

If by some miracle he ended up coming on loan next season to us and has a belter of season, it would make no difference to his value down south in my opinion.

He has increased his value to the mxium it can be playing in our league.

Got to agree here. Even if he comes up to us again and smashes it his value won't increase much past what it currently is.

If he does it in the championship it's a different story.

I liked him but I can't see us getting him back. Hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back