Joe Rothwell to Rangers transfer ‘almost certain’ with Blackburn Rovers convinced star close to January deal

Given what I am replying to it doesn't take much TBH.
No mate you are just being a complete arse picking bits out of quotes and missing the point I was actually making due to the fact you have your own agenda.

If your happy with replacing our better players with frees from Blackburn it really shows how far we have fallen.

Looks a wee bit like Hagi in video, good control and confidence to take players on but doesn't really have a burst of pace.

Maybe a cheap replacement if we cash in on Ianis.

No mate you are just being a complete arse picking bits out of quotes and missing the point I was actually making due to the fact you have your own agenda.

If your happy with replacing our better players with frees from Blackburn it really shows how far we have fallen.

The points you have been making are dugshit though, you attempted to create some weird rewrite of the player we are linked with.

Our squad at the moment is a collection of players signed from teams like Hull, Wigan, Brighton, Sheffield United, Charlton, Dundee, Aberdeen, Southampton, it has been our market for a while and will continue to be our market TBH. It would take a serious change to the general landscape of football for our squad not to have talent from those markets.

So this summer we're selling players yet our recent record of selling players hasn't been prolific to say the least.

Nobody has tabled any serious bids though have they?

Only those without a grasp on reality would argue that any club tabling a bid matching what Rangers value the player at, sees the player remain at Rangers.

The profile of Rothwell isn't entirely different to Adam Armstrong, pretty comparable age, both were at Blackburn, spent most of their youth in a high quality academies, represented England at under levels.

Armstrong got a move to Southampton for a hefty fee, which surely should never have happened based on the logic being applied here, because I mean he is just 24 playing for a mid level Championship club so surely Southampton must have just thought "there must be a reason for that"

Rothwell has been linked with the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Brentford, Bournemouth and Norwich who all have pretty innovative scouting networks. I mean why even bother looking at him
Armstrong absolutely excelled at that level, and was far and away unquestionably their best player.

Which is why he got a move to the Prem at 24 years old.

He is an absolutely brutal poster. Zero point engaging with him. Not one to get into a decent debate with.

Armstrong absolutely excelled at that level, and was far and away unquestionably their best player.

And yet Thomas Kaminki won their player of the year award.

Scout Report,

Armstrong - 24 years old at a poor, middle table club in the Championship? There is a reason for that, and it isn’t a decent one.

I think not.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too hung up on the fact he's a free transfer. It's absolutely a market we should always be looking to exploit. I would be surprised though if he was our main target for the midfield. We will need bodies in there soon though and if we can bring in someone who's obviously rated at the club on a free then it's a no brainer.

And yet Thomas Kaminki won their player of the year award.

Scout Report,

Armstrong - 24 years old at a poor, middle table club in the Championship? There is a reason for that, and it isn’t a decent one.

I think not.
Should let Southampton know they should have signed Kaminki.

There is zero point engaging with that post above.

"no even a decent debate"

The points you have been making are dugshit though, you attempted to create some weird rewrite of the player we are linked with.

Our squad at the moment is a collection of players signed from teams like Hull, Wigan, Brighton, Sheffield United, Charlton, Dundee, Aberdeen, Southampton, it has been our market for a while and will continue to be our market TBH. It would take a serious change to the general landscape of football for our squad not to have talent from those markets.
I never attempted to rewrite anything and the dug shits coming from your keyboard.

We need to go to the next level if we are selling our better players.

Lower end of the Championship isn’t the required level especially not for a near 27 year old player,

If he’s a replacement for Arfield fair enough but if he’s for replacing either of the 3 in the original post then we are going backwards, To be honest could say the same about using him to replace Arfield.

I never attempted to rewrite anything

If that’s the case I would be looking for a couple of decent signings not a guy who’s struggling to get a start for Blackburn.

I mean you literally did, what you have said is a complete and rewrite of reality and clearly you making a conscious effort to somehow down talk a player you know next to nothing about.

Lower end of the Championship isn’t the required level especially not for a near 27 year old player,

If he’s a replacement for Arfield fair enough but if he’s for replacing either of the 3 in the original post then we are going backwards, To be honest could say the same about using him to replace Arfield.

We will always, always require a squad. The original post referenced the fact a number of midfielders are likely to move on hence why it is likely a number of midfielders will arrive and be linked. It wasn't that complicated, you attempted to be flippant with it and instead just came across a bit daft and started asking about selling 3 players an replacing them with 1 which patently wouldn't happen.

If we sold Aribo, Hagi and Kamara in one window we would obviously invest a decent chunk of that money rather than just make one signing under freedom of contract, most were and are bright enough to know that without it needing to be typed out for them in black and white.

Your assessment of Rothwells talent and ability would hold a hell of a lot more weight if you had regularly watched him TBH rather than simply deciding he somehow isn't the level required just, well, because.

The vast majority of our squad could have feasibly been spoken about as bums before their arrival if people really wanted to reference then in such a way just as you are doing now.

"no even got a good heart"
"no even got a good back"
"League 1 in England"
"Championship in England"
"Dundee"

The reason being is we very rarely sign established talent these days, there is an element of unknown, tainted, unpolished and unfinished in the vast majority of them, that is our market, we generally need to look at coachable talent, and clearly see appeal in players who have come through strong academies at some stage.

These things were a problem and theme in those "better players" we might be selling that you reference, they will continue to be in additions we make, we no longer sign perfect football players, we sign players who are flawed, and do come from shady backgrounds who we can look to develop, improve and coach, that is our USP now, this isn't some shock revelation, it's a regular thing now.

i dont get where our fans think we should sign players from?

were skint, we cant affford Bundesliga, EPL La liga players.

When a decent bosmon is available we should always go down that route, this isnt FIFA where you have a squad of 22 brilliant players.

Think we will probably see quite a few pre contracts arranged given the end of contracts at the end of this season. Maybe this guy rothwell, another midfielder and defender. Then whatever money we have to spend in the summer will be spent in defence and attack i would imagine.

When a decent bosmon is available we should always go down that route, this isnt FIFA where you have a squad of 22 brilliant players.
Juplier League, Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Bundesliga2 & so on.

The league isn’t the issue really, its the player.

Nobody had issue with Aribo, everyone was excited actually and he was a league below. Why? Whats the difference?

Aribo was 22/23, on the rise, bags of potential and talent, going to net us a good fee in the future, he showed he was absolutely excelling in his environment, proving too good for it and thats just his profile, before we get in to his actual ability in 2018/19.

I never attempted to rewrite anything and the dug shits coming from your keyboard.

Where you did I g the money to pay for these next level players? Fees wages etc? You realise that last season winning the league we got £3.3m all in. The club finishing bottom of the championship we’re guaranteed £8.8m without counting TV appearances.

We will always be buying potential and trying to polish it and sell it on. That is the reality and the sooner you realise that the better.

We never want to go back to spending money we don’t have.

Where you did I g the money to pay for these next level players? Fees wages etc? You realise that last season winning the league we got £3.3m all in. The club finishing bottom of the championship we’re guaranteed £8.8m without counting TV appearances.

We will always be buying potential and trying to polish it and sell it on. That is the reality and the sooner you realise that the better.

The Sales of Kamara , Hagi, Aribo as that was mentioned In the original quote.

This , agree .

The only possible changes to that are regular CL Groups qualification or a miraculous improvement in sfa / spl sponsorship and tv deals which certainly isn’t on any horizon I’m aware of.

The critcal point is paying fee that is wasted cash imo the best model is OoC guys paid good wages . Then improved and moved on .

But as a club , technically , we must aim higher and higher and our signed/development players need to have that those same dreams . We need to be like Ajax albeit that could take 15 years we still have to believe and aspire that high imo .

This , agree .

The only possible changes to that are regular CL Groups qualification or a miraculous improvement in sfa / spl sponsorship and tv deals which certainly isn’t on any horizon I’m aware of.

The critcal point is paying fee that is wasted cash imo the best model is OoC guys paid good wages . Then improved and moved on .

But as a club , technically , we must aim higher and higher and our signed/development players need to have that those same dreams . We need to be like Ajax albeit that could take 15 years we still have to believe and aspire that high imo .

ajax sign players over 25 too though...

there needs to be a balance, experience, quality and youth, its really not that hard to fathom. Our fans seem to think this is football manager, it isnt.

This could be a shrewd signing. If he replaces another player who is not contributing or being selected we will have strengthened. If Rothwell gives us qualities we are lacking and can adapt to our league we will get good mileage from him. Not all signings can be for big fees and if a few free transfers can be aquired it can help save money for players who we need to pay transfer fees for. The balancing act is signing free players who are good enough to start or make impact from bench.

The Sales of Kamara , Hagi, Aribo as that was mentioned In the original quote.
Those sales cover loses. Might allow the occasional more expensive player but no matter what the future is us buying potential and improving them before selling them on.

We will always be buying from lower leagues never the top table.

That is where Scottish football is.

Scandinavia , Eastern Europe but no let’s go for former academy layers and not go out of our comfort zone.

So this summer we're selling players yet our recent record of selling players hasn't been prolific to say the least.
Whether the quoted fees are fantasy or not the mankies seem to trade players no problem but us? We seem to pay them off. Does my head in.

Back