John McGinn

All those saying he wouldn’t sign for us, I disagree

I know some of his family and his mum and dad certainly aren’t bitter and IMO if we were in for him they’d encourage him

One of the best young players in the country.

If we have any ambition whatsoever, to dominate the league table, we should be pursuing him with a vengeance.

He's the sort of talent we need to see throughout the entire team.

He is so over rated, like all dims.

Any Rangers fan wanting him needs to have a look at themselves.
I don’t remember if he played at Ibrox earlier this season but if he did, he was obviously not a stand out in my mind. I don’t watch Sportscene or read Scottish newspapers so I am not in the position to say whether he is over rated or not.

I am of the older generation so I am not sure if dims means Catholic or just those who may lean towards Celtic. Individuals can agree or disagree whether McGinn is any good or not (as I said I have no idea about this). I am not sure why, if any Rangers fan thinks he is good enough, you should say they need to have a look at themselves. You obviously don’t rate him but others do. It is all about opinions, is it not?

We should have been in for him when he was at St Mirren, think we have missed any chance of getting him.

I've seen very little of him, but what I have seen he is a hacking b4stard. I saw him give away a freekick in the middle of the park tonight, saw about 15 minutes of the match. He came in hacking from behind and I was like "WTF" is he doing, it was a shocking challenge, again I haven't seen much of him but what I have seen he is a mistimed thug in the tackle. Looks like one of them and would spoil a Rangers shirt with his ugly mug.

Just my opinion on the couple of times I've seen him.

I don’t remember if he played at Ibrox earlier this season but if he did, he was obviously not a stand out in my mind. I don’t watch Sportscene or read Scottish newspapers so I am not in the position to say whether he is over rated or not.

I am of the older generation so I am not sure if dims means Catholic or just those who may lean towards Celtic. Individuals can agree or disagree whether McGinn is any good or not (as I said I have no idea about this). I am not sure why, if any Rangers fan thinks he is good enough, you should say they need to have a look at themselves. You obviously don’t rate him but others do. It is all about opinions, is it not?
What has happened to some or support? Sometimes it's like the twilight zone on here. All some of our fans seem to want is 2nd rate dims.

The problem would be it would be £2m from forest or £3m+ from us, they will not sell to us unless they really have to

he'll end up in the English Championship for 2 years before returning to sign for the Bheggars once a few of their current crop of midfielders leave.

He's a very decent player, and I wouldn't mind him at the club, can see him going to Celtic at one point though sadly. I'm sure we actually had the opportunity to sign him when he was at St Mirren

Great player in the true football sense
We should sign him but won’t
Multiple reasons to sign him 1 being its s great big GIFRUY to the beasts
Also if he signs for us he can’t sign for them
I put him in the same category as Craig Gordon or Scott Brown or Duncan Ferguson or Kevin Thomson, these guys were clearly the best players in their teams as young men. They all had huge futures ahead of them.
So in conclusion my lord, we should sign him but we won’t. Therein lies a problem.
We need to sign players better than the beasts already have to be better than them.
Holt, Jack and Dorrans are not bad players but they are not better than what the beasts have.

Anyone who thinks McGinn in a Rangers jersey would be allowed to kick his way around the pitch as he does at Hibs has a bolt loose.

Those who think we shouldn't sign him because of his background have a major malfunction. The lad can't play at less than 100 %, it's this ridiculous thinking that led to us missing out on Danny McGrain amongst many others.
If you want a team full of dyed in the wool bluenoses then go and find them, good luck sitting mid table for the next 20 years.
If you want a team that'll win 55 and 56 then cast the net as wide as possible to get the best players, Prods, Catholics, Jews, Hindus or fucking Mormons.
McGinn has already indicated 3 years ago that he'd come here, he'd make the midfield better, he'd make us money when he moves South (which he will). If you want to live in the dark ages go ahead, but society and football have moved on. I saw someone mentioning standards, as far as I'm concerned Rangers standards are based on integrity, honesty, determination and hard work. I don't see bigotry in there anywhere.

Those who think we shouldn't sign him because of his background have a major malfunction. The lad can't play at less than 100 %, it's this ridiculous thinking that led to us missing out on Danny McGrain amongst many others.
If you want a team full of dyed in the wool bluenoses then go and find them, good luck sitting mid table for the next 20 years.
If you want a team that'll win 55 and 56 then cast the net as wide as possible to get the best players, Prods, Catholics, Jews, Hindus or fucking Mormons.
McGinn has already indicated 3 years ago that he'd come here, he'd make the midfield better, he'd make us money when he moves South (which he will). If you want to live in the dark ages go ahead, but society and football have moved on. I saw someone mentioning standards, as far as I'm concerned Rangers standards are based on integrity, honesty, determination and hard work. I don't see bigotry in there anywhere.

Its got nothing to do with McGinn's background, mate. Its like when folk talk about Hartson ending up at Celtc and not at Ibrox. Hartson got away with murder at the Piggery and was an animal on the pitch. He punched Craig Moore in front of the ref at Ibrox during a game and wasn't even spoken to, never mind be sent off. McGinn has a combative and sometimes aggressive style of play which in a Rangers jersey won't be tolerated by refs, just ask Ryan Jack.

He didn't do too bad tonight considering he was playing in an unnatural position, in fact he was trying to perform Jack's role because of the weird line-up we had out. I wouldn't bother my arse if he came to us if he has the mentality to play in a team where winning is a must, however I'm not sure we will be able to afford him.

I would have liked to have got a look at Shinnie and Cooper as well, but Malky refused to make subs for some reason.

You must've hated Neil McCann :rolleyes:
why not look the word '19th Century Terrorist" up. as for "bead rattler" it always meant to me those who used the catholic faith (i.e. scum from the east) as a wind-up to our support. Why would you want that c-u-n=t at Ibrox. and the OP had Gazza playing a flute. Oh the irony!

A player we should be signing in January. An ugly, tattie headed laddie, but he's exactly what we're missing in the middle of the park. Hopefully near the top of our list if Mark Allen has any sense.

‘Captain Mainwaring… I forsee …one …wee small …snag! ‘

H
Would be fun for his Grandad coming to watch him, it would feck with his brain having to cheer his grandson winning medals against Celtic
The only place his grandad will see him is when his grandad is in the jail when the torbett files come out.

Its got nothing to do with McGinn's background, mate. Its like when folk talk about Hartson ending up at Celtc and not at Ibrox. Hartson got away with murder at the Piggery and was an animal on the pitch. He punched Craig Moore in front of the ref at Ibrox during a game and wasn't even spoken to, never mind be sent off. McGinn has a combative and sometimes aggressive style of play which in a Rangers jersey won't be tolerated by refs, just ask Ryan Jack.

That's a fair comment mate, but would it not be difficult for refs to justify that ? We've all seen how they are "managing" our games and the truly awful decisions we've had. McGinn is still a player we should pursue, his energy, commitment, ball winning and strength in the middle of the park is too effective to ignore.

one day I'll log on to follow follow and will be confronted by like minded supporters who doesn't want a 19th Century Terrorist bead rattling scumbag signing for us, like last night, come on down Tony the bead rattler as assistant manager.

no nope nada
So what about the bead rattlers that play for us , should we get rid .

FWIW he was up for coming here on trial in Warburton's first summer so he can't be that rabid.

In fact his family were urging for the move to happen. David Weir wanted him to come in on trial but Warburton went for Holt instead who went on to earn a contract.

So for those tat say he won't sign because of his leanings, well it wasn't going to stop him 3 years ago.

Warburton got that horribly wrong as well then.

Is he not a box to box player? Why would Celtic sign him to replace Brown when Brown barley gets within 40 yards of the oppositions goal and constantly picks the ball off the toes of their centre halves?

If Celtic don't want him I think he will go down south. Forest were very keen in August and will come back in with a bid again in January.

He'll cost in excess of 2m quid and I really don't see us paying that for him in all honesty unless we are able to recoup a few million for Pena and Herrera.

We could have signed McGinn and Naismith in the summer for what we paid for Pena. My disbelief at what Pedro was allowed to do with the resources at my club grows every single day.

He's a decent player but he wouldn't sign for us and no way Hivs would sell him to us so can we stop having a thread on it every week :(

Is he not a box to box player? Why would Celtic sign him to replace Brown when Brown barley gets within 40 yards of the oppositions goal and constantly picks the ball off the toes of their centre halves?

If Celtic don't want him I think he will go down south. Forest were very keen in August and will come back in with a bid again in January.

He'll cost in excess of 2m quid and I really don't see us paying that for him in all honesty unless we are able to recoup a few million for Pena and Herrera.

We could have signed McGinn and Naismith in the summer for what we paid for Pena. My disbelief at what Pedro was allowed to do with the resources at my club grows every single day.

I understand your frustration but having given PC the job, they had to trust him with the transfer budget - had they not, we'd have been screaming about 'King picking the team...'.

That said, the Pena transfer always seemed too much of a risk.

The board were right to back the manager - unfortunately they chose the wrong manager.

What happened with McGrain?

All those saying he wouldn’t sign for us, I disagree

I know some of his family and his mum and dad certainly aren’t bitter and IMO if we were in for him they’d encourage him
Well sorry to say this but im bitter one tim is one too many ,sometimes I don't even know who rangers are anymore fs carlos pena crossing himself when he was coming off bench etc etc and no one bats a eyelid MENTAL

Hibs will never sell to us and I doubt he'd even want to come. I hope the Bheasts don't sign him and he ends up down south instead.

1. He's a decent player.

2. Hibs won't sell to us. If we bid £2m, they'd accept a lower bid from any other team on the planet.

3. McGinn would come, but if both us and the Tims were in for him, he'd go there.

4. If we did sign him, the Tims would make his life a misery.

5. It's not happening.

Have standards dropped so far? Filth chairman's grandson!?!?

It's a sign of the times for me, I'm gobsmacked at some of the names mentioned in relation to signing for Rangers without a second thought.

I'm not against signing Catholics in the least or even guys from ROI, bitter Republicans and ex- bheast players, no thanks.

It's a sign of the times for me, I'm gobsmacked at some of the names mentioned in relation to signing for Rangers without a second thought.

I'm not against signing Catholics in the least or even guys from ROI, bitter Republicans and ex- bheast players, no thanks.

McGinn is neither of those, so what is your point caller?

Back