Kenny Miller today

Miller isn’t good enough to be a midfield playmaker. He’s a striker, a finisher. He’s did remarkably well last season. Well done, but I don’t like him or his attitude.

leadership is missing, as is creativity, steel, pace and clinical finishing. Millers running around like player manager trying to be the answer to everything.

If he’s played up front and formed a partnership with Morelos, he’d be more effective. Both would be.
Moreles hasn't scored for 7 matches now.. Your thoughts ?

Miller seems to get singled out a lot, I can't think why that might be.

I thought he was ok today. He wasn't brilliant but he definitely wasn't awful either, there is a lot of ground in between you know.

Sometimes I really wonder at times if I'm even watching the same game as others on here who give their opinions after the match.

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

He thinks he’s player manager.

He's the captain & i thought he played, by and large, as a captain should

Miller seems to get singled out a lot, I can't think why that might be.

I thought he was ok today. He wasn't brilliant but he definitely wasn't awful either, there is a lot of ground in between you know.
I'm fucking tired of seeing these threads, We won today and yet people still single out Miller for special treatment.

We have a striker who hasn't had a sniff for seven games, But it's fine because he runs about a lot, Why no concern about Moreles form.

Still a handy man to have around. Murty just has to be the boss and tell him to stay up top where he does best AND it helps Morelos.

It's a long time since I've seen a player lead the line for Rangers so consistently well over a good number of games. Goals will come again but his contribution meantime has been phenomenal.

Plays like any of us would playing for rangers

Chasing crisp packets and trying to get the ball in defence, midfield, attack, goalkeeper...

Some of his link up play is decent but Morelos badly needs a partner

Hardie or Herrera should've got 20 mins today, not 5 for Hardie

There isn't half some blinkered views in here.

Kenny Miller played well yesterday, anyone saying otherwise either knows hee haw about the game of football or is simply possessing a severe dislike for the guy.

I suspect the latter.

Thought he was rubbish and a negative in the team
On more than one occasion there was a run on and he declined to make it
The fitness may be going
Mind you still fitter than Windass who looked absolutely knackered when he came off
Shocking for a young player

I agree that he should not be dropping deep into midfield as he cannot influence the game from there. Last Saturday's ball to Windass being the exception.
However I think he is often forced into this due to our midfield 2 Jack and Holt/Dorrans being heavily outnumbered.
As Candelas seems to be operating further forward on the wing than under Pedro he is not offering as much cover. This is Something I think he has done exceptionally at times. Also Windass is not exactly a big help in midfield.
Due to this I think Miller tries to help.
I still feel we need an out and out ball winner in midfield to help the other two. If we got this Miller might be able to play closer to Alfredo.

This has nothing to do with Kenny having played for Celtic, genuinely couldn't give a toss. I'd fill the team with ex players of theirs if it meant us getting back to winning ways and stopping their tainted ten in a row quicker.

He breaks down play too often either by playing the wrong pass or being out of position. Simple as that. I'm not questioning his commitment im questioning his ability at his stage.

When the filth across the city have Dembele and Griffiths fighting for their striker position we should not have a 37 year old that first signed for us 17 years ago...

We need better and we should be giving Herrera, Hardie or even MOH a run in the team to see if they are better. A striker in January is paramount to any business the new manager does.

My first game this season and the overriding comment I have is he has far too much influence on the game. Shouting and bawling, pointing fingers at every other player, tantrums galore and missed chances. The new boss needs to get shot of him or play him as an impact sub striker - that’s what he’s good at.

Wish we had an on the field Captain who shouts at the team and gets them back in focus just like Kenny did today when our defence stopped defending and giving the ball away.

We have needed a player on the park for years to moan at the team when things were getting lackadaisical. Not for a minute am I saying it should be Miller but we need a leader.

Amazed Miller didn't come off in the 2nd half today, Did a shift at times but it felt like the miller that pedro dropped today as opposed to the Miller that Murty gave a chance to.

He did ok. Wasn't spectacular but also wasn't as bad as some are making out on here. I would have take him off instead of Morelos and gave Hardie a run up front to try a different pairing.

Thought he would have been subbed in the 2nd half but didn't put in a shift and got himself in to some decent positions.

Worried he thinks he's a player / manager type figure though.

If there is to be a Miller renaissance, it has to last longer than last week's giruy to Pedro.

He did some things well but by enlarge looked ineffective.

Last edited:
Very poor performance, bad decision making and when the correct decision was made a bad pass or terrible finish. Last week he wanted to show what we had been missing and did well, this week he showed exactly why he had been missing.

Even when we win comfortably some joker has to start a Kenny bashing thread.

Who needs enemies, eh?
Welcome to the land of followfollow.
No one kicks our own and does our enemies work any better.

If it was Murty who told him to play that role?

Miller comes back, gives us a shift and the team scores 6 goals.
Doesn't matter, give him a kicking.

Times we had the ball wide Morelos was charging toward the box and Kenny was 30 yards behind him.

He puts the effort in but it seems he see's himself as player coach and gives himself a free role.

In the second half he was lecturing Holt telling him he wanted the pass square. Holt, rightly pointed to where miller should have been as if to say your jobs to be available further up the pitch and I'll find you.

He wasn't a technically gifted footballer in his 'prime' - he was always known as a runner...I don't know why he thinks he's all of a sudden turned into Pirlo.

We were breaking away at one point and he misplaced a 5 yard pass.

It hard to be critical of any specific player today, I thought for the most part controlled the game and miller definitely contributed well today. There were the usual Kenny Miller moments where 1st touch let him down and he made a mess of a pass when having too much time but he has been that way his entire career.

Welcome to the land of followfollow.
No one kicks our own and does our enemies work any better.

If it was Murty who told him to play that role?

Miller comes back, gives us a shift and the team scores 6 goals.
Doesn't matter, give him a kicking.

We had everyone telling us last week it was because Pedro asked him to play like that drop in to the middle, When in fact Kenny plays wherever he feels like and is trying to make up for his lack of pace with running about all over the park.

He has no positional discipline and his legs have gone, He also seems to have far too much influence on the team and not in a good way.

I would play either Dorrans or Holt just off Morelos but another striker or #10 is a priority in January.

Murty was never going to take Miller off as they are the best of buddy's and no doubt Miller had input in actually picking the team, This is a very good reason that Murty should never get the job.

Whats going to happen when for instance if it is McInnes comes in and he leaves Miller on the Bench or out of the squad altogether is he next for the sack ?

I'm fucking tired of seeing these threads, We won today and yet people still single out Miller for special treatment.

We have a striker who hasn't had a sniff for seven games, But it's fine because he runs about a lot, Why no concern about Moreles form.

You know nothing about football if your slagging Morelos's contribution, He leads the line fantastically especially for someone so young and completely Battered Hertz two CB's last week.

Great work rate and a leader on the pitch, but for me he was trying to perform too many roles this afternoon.

Tend to agree with you, I really like Miller but yesterday I'm not entirely sure what position he was meant to be playing, at times he was sweeper!

Good last game , shite this game , good next game. Get rid of him, keep him and so on

performance today confirmed my suspicion that Murrayfield was a flash in the pan and a big FU to Pedro. No more.

Today he slipped. He was at left back at times. Stuck in midfield when we had crosses going into the opposition box.

He should not be playing in the first 11.

Was a certainty to happen today.

Not a fan. Think he's always going to be a bit of a passenger, his first touch can be abysmal, his pace is lacking and he wanders all over the park like a drunken farmer at times. We must have better players than this, surely. He's capable of some good play but cannot be relied upon to produce when the going gets tough.

And please don't play Miller and Kranjcar in the same team....or better still, don't play them at all, pay them both off.

I never saw the game today,but I guessed this would be about Miller trying to play everywhere but up top before I opened the thread.I wish I was wrong.

He needs to be told to play up top and do so.If he ignores orders he deserves to be banished,because he's pretty much useless to us if that's the case anyway.From what I've read,neither Jack or Holt deserve to be dropped and with Dorrans yet to come back in I'm hopeful Murty will play him in his natural position when fit.

You never saw the gamw but are going to slate his performance any way?.

Aye - that's not an agenda driven post at all

He certainly didn't come close to performing as well as he did last week, but I don't think he was as awful as he was before being dropped. He is being pulled out of position, but today we seen it with Holt & Jack, it created a space for players to go past him.

Morelos was too deep at times, I'm not sure if it was frustration because of a lack of goals or it was tactics deployed by Murty. Either way, a good win against a team we've struggled against this season and last.

Very good post and pretty much spot on, I also think he'll have a say in the team selection at the moment.

He was everywhere bar where he should be, passing was way off and generally moaning his way through the game. He did get stuck in apart from one challenge that he just left to Sammon (iirc) but that was his main contribution. The one he missed in the 2nd he was 20 yards behind the full attacking line and struggling to get there, this was the position that Holt should've been in.

performance today confirmed my suspicion that Murrayfield was a flash in the pan and a big FU to Pedro. No more.

Today he slipped. He was at left back at times. Stuck in midfield when we had crosses going into the opposition box.

He should not be playing in the first 11.

He’s a good player, but his tactical discipline is awful at the moment. He harms the team by drifting all over the pitch trying to do every job.

There were a few points in yesterday’s match when we broke away and he was too far away to contribute to the attack.

You never saw the gamw but are going to slate his performance any way?.

Aye - that's not an agenda driven post at all
'cause you're not pushing an agenda by taking what I actually said out of context at all mate eh?

He needs to play up top or not at all.Simple enough for you?

His overall contribution is still very good. The lack of goals is starting to be of concern though. Especially as we don’t have an abundance of other options. When Dorrans returns there’s a big decision to be made regarding the starting XI.

I wouldn’t drop Holt right now given the last two performances, and Jack was very good too yesterday.

So it then likely becomes drop one of Miller, Windass or Morelos... and both Miller and Windass have two in their last two games.

'cause you're not pushing an agenda by taking what I actually said out of context at all mate eh?

He needs to play up top or not at all.Simple enough for you?

The context is you didn't see the game but have decided how he played anyway. It's just not very credible

I thought he had a poor game and contantly gave the ball away with misplaced passes.

The time has come to play him from the bench only.

Is the OP really contending that Kenny Miller gets up in the morning and 'decides' whether he's going to play well or not? If you're looking in Kenny, can you please 'decide' to score a hat-trick next time we play the Tims?

The context is you didn't see the game but have decided how he played anyway. It's just not very credible
I'll try and be as subtle as I can here.There are many posters whose opinion on here I value,respect and take note of and others I don't.
You're in the latter category,I'll leave it at that.

Ok he gave the ball away a couple of times yesterday but he worked hard (as usual) covered a lot of the pitch and had a captains attitude, I would have 11 Kenny Millers on the pitch every week.

I'll try and be as subtle as I can here.There are many posters whose opinion on here I value,respect and take note of and others I don't.
You're in the latter category,I'll leave it at that.

Hey mate! I'm just a guy who watches Rangers games to form my thoughts! It's a starting point at least

How many games has Moreles failed to score now ? Don't see many threads on that, But it's fine because he works hard.

If you watch the match, Morelos’ contribution was excellent playing with his back to goal, holding the ball up, and running the front line to drag others out of position. He also got into good positions, took shots and forced the opposition keeper into a few saves.
Everything you’d want from a forward.

I can’t fault him for effort, but Kenny expends too much energy running around like a headless chicken to the point it harms the team.
If he’d stick to the final third he’d get on a lot better and so would the other players.

Back