Kenny Miller today

We need to give Herrera a run. Otherwise we have no idea if he could do a job or not.

Aye he looked absolutely done last week when he was collecting the MOTM award.

One swallow doesn't make a summer .

You really think his performances this year have been good enough?

One decent one against Dunfermline a championship team and the other last week if that's enough you are easily pleased.

Miller is done.

If we are to challenge for a title this season, then January needs to see a quality striker to play alongside Morelos and a good, direct, attacking left winger brought in.

A bit of genuine class in the middle of the park would make all the difference too.

I know I'm asking a lot ;)

Last edited:
One swallow doesn't make a summer .

You really think his performances this year have been good enough?

One decent one against Dunfermline a championship team and the other last week if that's enough you are easily pleased.

No I don't mate and he was rightly dropped imo as his form was poor.

But Murty saw fit to recall him and the last 2 results and goals would suggest it was the correct decision.

The point I was making in my other post is if he and the team continue to perform then he will continue to play.
Equally if our goals dry up and the results go against us then he will be under pressure to retain his place.

Just as every one of our players should be.
He shouldn't be treated differently from anyone else.

No I don't mate and he was rightly dropped imo as his form was poor.

But Murty saw fit to recall him and the last 2 results and goals would suggest it was the correct decision.

The point I was making in my other post is if he and the team continue to perform then he will continue to play.
Equally if our goals dry up and the results go against us then he will be under pressure to retain his place.

Just as every one of our players should be.
He shouldn't be treated differently from anyone else.

I totally agree with all you are saying just think he's done.

I've had many good days as a result of Kenny and have nothing against him just think his legs have gone and his attitude is at best questionable.

Afraid the KM situation is everything that is wrong with us at the minute.I want my strikers in the box looking for goals not tracking backing giving ten yard cross field passes.Well short of where we should be as a team.

I totally agree with all you are saying just think he's done.

I've had many good days as a result of Kenny and have nothing against him just think his legs have gone and his attitude is at best questionable.
I agree his best days are long gone but I strongly disagree about his attitude, it’s probably been his best asset for his entire 20 year career along with his work rate.

This will definitely be his last year, I think he has had a honking season up until last week, I thought he was ok yesterday, far from the worst and he can still play a part this season, just not as an automatic first pick in every game

I agree his best days are long gone but I strongly disagree about his attitude, it’s probably been his best asset for his entire 20 year career along with his work rate.

This will definitely be his last year, I think he has had a honking season up until last week, I thought he was ok yesterday, far from the worst and he can still play a part this season, just not as an automatic first pick in every game

I am not talking about his on pitch attitude mainly what went on off it .

I am not talking about his on pitch attitude mainly what went on off it .
That’s the trouble, none of us actually know what happened, it may have been him, it may have been Pedro. I’m just going on his past reputation, I honestly can’t recall any other player or manager ever having a bad word to say about him.

His commitment was very good today but his positional sense was once again lacking. He seems indisciplined and is not as fit or as young as he once was therefore cannot get back in position quickly enough once he has strayed.
I noticed a few times today he toiled to get back into position after playing far too deep, and this against Thistle when we were controlling the game.
Kenny's indiscipline also impacts Morelos who thrives on the striker playing just behind him.

Would agree with this.

I think you might be overreacting just a tad. "Tantrums galore" FFS! I know it was your first game this season so you might not have noticed the armband Miller was wearing. Well that denotes him as captain. It's his job to talk to and encourage (shout and bawl to you) his teammates.

Personally I thought it was a good thing. Once we went 3-0 up the team just switched off. I liked the way he tried to get us working again after that.

Not what I want to see in a Captain

If anyone would seriously consider a role for Miller in the management team, I would urge them to look at the way he runs about the pitch like a headless chicken. He takes up positions, basically wherever he thinks he's going to get a shot of the ball.

His tactical awareness is poor, so beyond giving some kind of Churchillian-style rallying cry in the dressing room, his value as a leader is limited.

Back