Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be Lemmons Mitigating circumstances

Ratoath keeper Shane Duffy hangs up his gloves on a high
The former Monaghan goalkeeper moved to Ratoath in 2014
The IRISH EXAMINER
TUE, 06 OCT, 2020 - 06:30
PAUL KEANE
Two days after Shane Duffy moved into his new home in Glasgow in late 2020, the local club chairman and manager Neil Lennon called to his door.
'Would you fancy playing for us?' was their request as word spread rapidly along the grapevine that Brightons Player had moved to the area.
Ratoath was a junior outfit at the time but with Duffy in goals they won the intermediate championship in 2015
Even allowing for the population explosion in the Derry town next to the Donegal border, it's been a meteoric rise though this is where the journey ends for Duffy.
At 38 and with seven and five-year-old boys at home, he pulled down the shutters on an intriguing career at full-time in Sunday's dramatic one-point final defeat by St Johnstone
Quite how the Magheracloone man ended up playing for Celtic is still a mystery to him though.
"It was literally the second day in the house, a knock came on the door, it was the chairman and the manager at the time and I said, 'Jeez, how did you know I was here? I hardly even know where I am so how did you know?'" said Duffy.
"I never found out that, never found out. They had their wits about them in fairness. Ah look, it was great, it was nice to get involved in the club. At that stage I was kind of expecting to wind down but I got a new lease of life."
Duffy finished up his Celtic stint with three defeats and two at Euro level to add to the losers medal he will get with Celtic
Mind you, his career was pockmarked with enough miserable moments to leave him with a head full of regrets the last two seasons.

Magheracloone, for instance, never added another senior title and lost finals in 2005, 2006, and 2010 while Duffy was in goals for Monaghan when they lost Ulster finals to Tyrone in 2007 and 2010.
He made 17 championship starts in total for Monaghan and was their undisputed number one yet when they finally made the provincial breakthrough in 2013 he was gone, a victim of a dodgy hip and the emergence of Rory Beggan.
Last Sunday in Navan, when Gaeil Colmcille scored a 62nd-minute penalty to lead by three, Duffy anticipated more angst though Ratoath somehow rescued it with a 68th-minute goal themselves from Joey Wallace.
"You go through your career and you genuinely do kind of say, 'Jeez, I regret this' and 'I regret that'," said Duffy. "Losing so many finals in Monaghan, and losing them by a point or two, losing semi-finals... like, everyone in Scotland will tell you we were the dominant team in that period but we just didn't (win enough), we only won one.
"With Monaghan, I kind of missed the breakthrough there by a couple of years. In 2007 and 2010 we got to two Ulster finals. I think particularly in 2007 we were the underdogs going into that one and lost narrowly, that was the year we lost to Kerry by a point in the All-Ireland quarter-finals as well.
"They're all the little things you say, 'Could have won those' and even at the end on Sunday, at the very, very end I was thinking, 'That's another one gone, that's another regret', when they scored the penalty in the last couple of minutes, so it's nice to be on the right side of it for a change.
"I was gathering my stuff in the back of the goals thinking, 'That's it, I'm going to sign off on a low' so look, really nice to be on the right side of it." and away from all that 55 Celebratory stuff,

Had the misfortune of bumping into a rabid neighbour earlier. Couldn’t even be arsed speaking but got the “bit spawny last night eh mate?” And couldn’t stop myself replying.
then proceeded to say winning the SPL isn’t that much of an achievement in the grand scheme of things as they’ve won 9iar and haven’t got anywhere near the recognition they deserved for it. No point in getting excited about it at all.

then the best bit. You’ll be sad to see Morelos go soon tae eh?
When I asked politely where, to he said............
Wait for this one.............
The mighty Norwich City????
At that point I went back in the house gobsmacked.
I was only putting the bin out ffs

Had the misfortune of bumping into a rabid neighbour earlier. Couldn’t even be arsed speaking but got the “bit spawny last night eh mate?” And couldn’t stop myself replying.
then proceeded to say winning the SPL isn’t that much of an achievement in the grand scheme of things as they’ve won 9iar and haven’t got anywhere near the recognition they deserved for it. No point in getting excited about it at all.

Here is a sexy image of Delia Smith for you.

The IRISH EXAMINER
PAUL KEANE
Two days after Shane Duffy moved into his new home in Glasgow in late 2020, the local club chairman and manager Neil Lennon called to his door.
'Would you fancy playing for us?' was their request as word spread rapidly along the grapevine that Brightons Player had moved to the area.
Ratoath was a junior outfit at the time but with Duffy in goals they won the intermediate championship in 2015
Even allowing for the population explosion in the Derry town next to the Donegal border, it's been a meteoric rise though this is where the journey ends for Duffy.
At 38 and with seven and five-year-old boys at home, he pulled down the shutters on an intriguing career at full-time in Sunday's dramatic one-point final defeat by St Johnstone
Quite how the Magheracloone man ended up playing for Celtic is still a mystery to him though.
"It was literally the second day in the house, a knock came on the door, it was the chairman and the manager at the time and I said, 'Jeez, how did you know I was here? I hardly even know where I am so how did you know?'" said Duffy.
"I never found out that, never found out. They had their wits about them in fairness. Ah look, it was great, it was nice to get involved in the club. At that stage I was kind of expecting to wind down but I got a new lease of life."
Duffy finished up his Celtic stint with three defeats and two at Euro level to add to the losers medal he will get with Celtic
Mind you, his career was pockmarked with enough miserable moments to leave him with a head full of regrets the last two seasons.

Magheracloone, for instance, never added another senior title and lost finals in 2005, 2006, and 2010 while Duffy was in goals for Monaghan when they lost Ulster finals to Tyrone in 2007 and 2010.
He made 17 championship starts in total for Monaghan and was their undisputed number one yet when they finally made the provincial breakthrough in 2013 he was gone, a victim of a dodgy hip and the emergence of Rory Beggan.
Last Sunday in Navan, when Gaeil Colmcille scored a 62nd-minute penalty to lead by three, Duffy anticipated more angst though Ratoath somehow rescued it with a 68th-minute goal themselves from Joey Wallace.
"You go through your career and you genuinely do kind of say, 'Jeez, I regret this' and 'I regret that'," said Duffy. "Losing so many finals in Monaghan, and losing them by a point or two, losing semi-finals... like, everyone in Scotland will tell you we were the dominant team in that period but we just didn't (win enough), we only won one.
"With Monaghan, I kind of missed the breakthrough there by a couple of years. In 2007 and 2010 we got to two Ulster finals. I think particularly in 2007 we were the underdogs going into that one and lost narrowly, that was the year we lost to Kerry by a point in the All-Ireland quarter-finals as well.
"They're all the little things you say, 'Could have won those' and even at the end on Sunday, at the very, very end I was thinking, 'That's another one gone, that's another regret', when they scored the penalty in the last couple of minutes, so it's nice to be on the right side of it for a change.
"I was gathering my stuff in the back of the goals thinking, 'That's it, I'm going to sign off on a low' so look, really nice to be on the right side of it." and away from all that 55 Celebratory stuff,

tenor.gif

mentally challenged logic us winning the league is going to cost us and we should've allowed the mentally challengeds to win as it would be better for us :D

T_Bhoy

Retired and now a BT Sports pundit

When has a celtic fan never said they get favourable decisions from the men in black? We have no idea if they would have gone through again Lille and Milan, but for the last 3 years I keep hearing that the next team they get will hammer them. Didnt happen too often. The famous Glasgow Rangers will want to win again next year, and start from a higher base than we do. I also think them stopping the 10 will actually hinder them going forward, but if we dont get our act together then they could easily win the next couple of titles. Also I wonder if you had asked them at the start of this year - "Would you forgo a league title in the next 3-5 years to stop then 10? " what their answer would be.

The IRISH EXAMINER
PAUL KEANE

What the %^*& is that barely readable pish?

:D

"The only "positive" word I'll give them is "efficient". They are a dull team with little flair. They're carrying a huge amount of luck and refereeing bias. In one of our worst seasons ever we still outplayed them at Ibrox before shooting ourselves in the foot for the hundredth time this season. However, they manage to get the job done in nearly all their games mainly due to a lack of pressure from us and piles of luck in Europe.
I hope Gerrard is still there next season. It won't take much to fix Celtic and we'll be back on top within a few months.

I give them no praise and never will."

It won't take much to fix Celtic :))

- They are Managerless.
- Need to appoint a DOF.
- Ntcham, Ping-pong and El-hamed already away.
- Kenny, Elyounoussi , Laxalt and Duffy:( end of loan deals.
- Brown end of contract.
- Ajer, Edouard and Christie all want out in the summer and will be sold.
- Rogic, Griffiths and Ajeti all 3 are so unfit that they haven't played one full 90 mins this season.
- Barkas, Hazard and Bain all as terrible as each other.
- Jullien could be out till October/November time.

That's potentially a dozen or so new signings needed plus a new manager and DOF to be put in place as well by late June when the come back to training.

All being overseen by a CEO who's never negotiated a football transfer in his life and while most of the agents and managers in Europe will be preoccupied watching the Euros.

They are utterly deluded and all Rangers need to do in the summer is add two quality players to pull even further ahead of them next season.

- They are Managerless.
- Need to appoint a DOF.
- Brown end of contract.
- Rogic, Griffiths and Ajeti all 3 are so unfit that they haven't played one full 90 mins this season.

That's potentially a dozen or so new signings needed plus a new manager and DOF to be put in place as well by late June when the come back to training.

All being overseen by a CEO who's never negotiated a football transfer in his life and while most of the agents and managers in Europe will be preoccupied watching the Euros.

They are utterly deluded and all Rangers need to do in the summer is add two quality players to pull even further ahead of them next season.
Ntcham may be back in the summer :D

mentally challenged logic us winning the league is going to cost us and we should've allowed the mentally challengeds to win as it would be better for us :D

T_Bhoy

Retired and now a BT Sports pundit

When has a celtic fan never said they get favourable decisions from the men in black? We have no idea if they would have gone through again Lille and Milan, but for the last 3 years I keep hearing that the next team they get will hammer them. Didnt happen too often. The famous Glasgow Rangers will want to win again next year, and start from a higher base than we do. I also think them stopping the 10 will actually hinder them going forward, but if we dont get our act together then they could easily win the next couple of titles. Also I wonder if you had asked them at the start of this year - "Would you forgo a league title in the next 3-5 years to stop then 10? " what their answer would be.
Here's my answer you deluded fvck.

I couldn't have cared less about stopping Terry Munro.
I wanted to achieve 55.

:D

"The only "positive" word I'll give them is "efficient". They are a dull team with little flair. They're carrying a huge amount of luck and refereeing bias. In one of our worst seasons ever we still outplayed them at Ibrox before shooting ourselves in the foot for the hundredth time this season. However, they manage to get the job done in nearly all their games mainly due to a lack of pressure from us and piles of luck in Europe.
I hope Gerrard is still there next season. It won't take much to fix Celtic and we'll be back on top within a few months.

I give them no praise and never will."”7

I suggest all of these entries from their joke of a site should be given a rating out of 10 for hatred and similar for arsehole-ness.

In this case Hatred 8 Arsehole-ness 9

Must do better.

Their 8.75 is as follows

1. Points deduction for Rangers
2. No Rangers
3. No Rangers
4. No Rangers / Hearts / Hibs
5. No Rangers / Hibs
6. Fair enough
7. Fair enough
8. Fair enough
9. Awarded via vote

3 legitimate titles in 9 years.
Our first season back was one of recovery and nothing else.
Could even say the same about our second season in the top flight but they can have that one.

I've said it before,their tainted sequence of plastic trophies is the biggest piece of turd polishing in the history of football.

its glorious reading today:

As soon as we won 9in a row we knew it was going to be almost impossible to win10 We knew Rangers2012 would cheat .We knew Scottish Football inc refs would help them .We knew SMSM &Cops would also help.We didn’t expect Nicola&Gov to help nor our supporters,they all did their best

Joining Liverpool would be ideal for Gerrard as Liverpool went 32 years without winning League.This will give Gerald30yrs to get Liverpool cheating up to Rangers level. He will probably find EPL a little stricter on cheating than SPL, but top EPL teams also get away with

Truecfacts of Scottish Football. Rangers2012 use PES. Rangers2012 have full support of bias refs&assistants. Gov. Police,SFA & SPL all cheat for Rangers2012. Unknown investors invest 10xm£ into Rangers shares which immediately lose 90% in value .Last fact Rangers are a fraud

They've had plenty little titbits that have kept their undefeated run in tact.

Even thinking back to the beginning of the season. First game away to Pittodrie which is normally one of their most difficult away game, Aberdeen had no fit strikers

Fir Park after Motherwell had been to Israel midweek,

Ref got them off the hook at Easter Road in both away fixtures

Played us at CP when we were Covid riddled

Aberdeen at Ibrox when they were missing half a team due to Covid.

The breathing space of our two game cancellation

Refs getting them through January

All these things should be brought into consideration when the hun bastard media start comparing this hun team to the Invincibles or rMON's Seville side.

There's going to be plenty of pish spouted about this lot in the coming months.

They're a good side, but the fact they're still unbeaten at this stage is more down to luck than resilience
Dislike

Hulk likes this post

Refs apparently gave us a hand in the two Easter road visits.
EqLOpNKW4AAVyXu

Just a wee reminder Martin oneils seville side won F.uck all that season.

DWGSSraXkAA4CxS.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my answer you deluded fvck.

I couldn't have cared less about stopping Terry Munro.
I wanted to achieve 55.
Our first season back was one of recovery and nothing else.
Could even say the same about our second season in the top flight but they can have that one.

I've said it before,their tainted sequence of plastic trophies is the biggest piece of turd polishing in the history of football.
More hollow than Douglas Bader’s legs.

my heart bleeds :( not exactly sure if winning titles when your main rival is out of the league for half of it is a "generational" thing you'd take with you but whatever floats your boat I guess

and of course lets not forget the title that was handed to them due to dodgy votes and a pandemic
one things for sure they'll no forget This Season for GENERATIONS!!!!

As soon as we won 9in a row we knew it was going to be almost impossible to win10 We knew Rangers2012 would cheat .We knew Scottish Football inc refs would help them .We knew SMSM &Cops would also help.We didn’t expect Nicola&Gov to help nor our supporters,they all did their best

Joining Liverpool would be ideal for Gerrard as Liverpool went 32 years without winning League.This will give Gerald30yrs to get Liverpool cheating up to Rangers level. He will probably find EPL a little stricter on cheating than SPL, but top EPL teams also get away with

Truecfacts of Scottish Football. Rangers2012 use PES. Rangers2012 have full support of bias refs&assistants. Gov. Police,SFA & SPL all cheat for Rangers2012. Unknown investors invest 10xm£ into Rangers shares which immediately lose 90% in value .Last fact Rangers are a fraud
What precisely do we use Pro Evolution Soccer for? And why shouldn't our players play computer games in their down time?

Oh yes, that’s a good one.

If he was asked to list refereeing decisions which went against Rangers and those which went against his mob, he would find that the Celtic list was a very short one, and ours would cover several pages.

That is spectacularly bats in the belfry. What a complete and utter fruit loop!

we have todays winner:

Kerrydale Meltdown
@KerryFail

·
8m

God I'm on my knees please let us drop points at Tannadice.

actively wanting his own team not to win
glorious

I would be the opposite.

We have had seasons like theres under Warbs/Pedro/Murty. The season being over before the split but even when they could win the title at Ibrox i wanted the team to go out and show me next season will be different. Not pray my team gets humped because im a shitebag at my own ground.

Spoilt generation of fans beating nobodys and getting humped against anybodys.

Should have kicked him in the chuckies and put him out with the bin before he got a chance to say "spawny".

Should have kicked him in the chuckies and put him out with the bin before he got a chance to say "spawny".
Temptation was there. What really makes me laugh is since January he’s spoken quite literally 3 times to me. Never seen him for a fortnight after the game and last time he spoke was after the Hamilton game.
If I had one wish this year it would be for a ‘for sale’ sign to appear in his garden.

The below nonsense is why they’re going to be continually chasing players, managers and CEOs down the street for the foreseeable future. They’ve been deluded into this way of thinking by their penny pinching current CEO and they’ll accept nothing less now.

“It's not entitlement to suggest that we should expect to win the league.

There simply isn't a facet of Celtic that isn't bigger or better than Sevco.

Our potential is far greater than theirs.

If both clubs are at the peak of their capabilities, we win.

Celtic have been absolutely dreadful this season and somehow Sevco are about the only club in world football to have been completely unaffected by COVID.”

- They are Managerless.
- Need to appoint a DOF.
- Brown end of contract.

Yes but Turnbull is being heralded as the new Beckenbauer. Deluded fkpigs.

I would be the opposite.

We have had seasons like theres under Warbs/Pedro/Murty. The season being over before the split but even when they could win the title at Ibrox i wanted the team to go out and show me next season will be different. Not pray my team gets humped because im a shitebag at my own ground.

Spoilt generation of fans beating nobodys and getting humped against anybodys.
Remember 2012 when they could have won it at Ibrox.

We were relentless in the stands that day and our players were never going to let us down.

Hilarious that they can't trust their 8.75IAR legends to put up a performance against us.

They are especially jealous of our European run, this simple fact gives them no argument when it comes to us justifying our runaway success in the league. I occasionally speak to one of them as he is a customer and his argument has been that the SPFL is full of dross, when I stated that the EL is where the marker is set the argument comes down to the ECL, a quick question of when was the last time they qualified seems to put him back in the box. He did concede that not being in Europe after Christmas is painful, especially when we seem to be doing well.

We’re nearly there, the icing on the cake will be winning it at their dump!
They must literally be shitting it, nervous wrecks, that we win “the ten” season at a canter, before the split at their hovel!
It’s the stuff of nightmares for them, it wasn’t supposed to be like this.
We’ve dragged this season out, dragged the pain out for MONTHS. To finally do it in their an house would be truly special.
This season will haunt them for eternity!

The Sevco thread is basically now a mix of frothing at the mouth rants about this being our first title and about the BBC Scotland comment saying we are one of the best sides in Scottish football in modern times.

I think this title being widely acknowledged by all as our 55th is really going to ruin some of these scumbags.

They’ve spent most of the season being annoyed at the state of their own club, but their entire 9 year fantasy world of us being some new inferior club is about to officially come crashing down a round them.

As mentally challenged meltdowns go, we really haven’t seen anything yet.

For me I don’t think anything will surpass the guy who threw himself off the top tier the last time we won the title at the glitterdome. That’s sadly not going to happen this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back