Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 17:15 Saturday - Premier Sports

The only reason for Barasic not to play today and for Halliday to play instead is if Gerrard is trying to manage Barasic’s workload given his injury history. Which is fine, I would have no problem with that nor do I have any problem with Halliday. But to suggest that Barasic can’t defend is just nonsense. We have seen Barasic defend very well both against us and for us.
I’d say SG saw what we all saw Wednesday,
Barisic struggling big time defensively.

Katic left out again despite not putting a foot wrong.

Seems Gerrards rules on picking players on merit doesn’t apply when it comes to Katic

I’m guessing you missed Worrall “not putting a foot wrong” against Aberdeen then?

Nope he had a fine game. Katic was dropped for it though despite not putting a foot wrong against St Mirren and Livingston. Infact I’d argue in both games he was probably the better of our 2 centre halves

I’d say SG saw what we all saw Wednesday,
Barisic struggling big time defensively.
Each to their own. But Gerrard has repeatedly made clear that Barasic is his first choice left back. He has said that on numerous occasions. I very much doubt Gerrard sees Halliday as a better left back, defensively or otherwise, than Barasic. If he does then fair enough, we’ll see plenty of Halliday and not much of Barasic for the rest of the season. But I think we will find that Gerrard is simply managing Barasic’s game time given his recent injuries. That is all the more relevant on the plastic pitches (I know he played at Livi the other week but I still think that if you are managing someone’s workload you are more inclined to leave someone out on the plastic pitch, which is different from saying that Gerrard has a blanket approach of not playing Barasic or anyone else on the plastic pitch).

Pretty worried this is going to be a horrorshow. Think how important Morelos is for making things stick up top, and bringing others into play. The rest of the team is really going to have to step up as I just can't see Defoe doing anything much more than poaching.

Pretty worried this is going to be a horrorshow. Think how important Morelos is for making things stick up top, and bringing others into play. The rest of the team is really going to have to step up as I just can't see Defoe doing anything much more than poaching.

While I agree Morelos is vital to us , to say it will be a “ horror show” is frankly ludicrous . We have Jermaine Defoe to step in not egil ostenstadt ffs.

3/1 rangers .

I am sure he will do well if he gets service from Kent and Candeias !

Nope he had a fine game. Katic was dropped for it though despite not putting a foot wrong against St Mirren and Livingston. Infact I’d argue in both games he was probably the better of our 2 centre halves

Katic was dropped for our first choice centre half returning from injury.

Worrall has been fine since our last game against Killie and was good prior to that as well against the mentally challengeds.

He deserves to keep his place.

Chris Sutton is a complete moron. I've only had the channel on for 10 seconds and he just rips of moron.

Team is looking good. We should be able to beat Kilmarnock even without Morelos. Although, I do wonder what utterly ridiculous decision will be given against us today.

RTV has detected umpteen proxies being used after logging in.

Don't make a lady's front bottom of this Rangers.

Take a look at Astrill. They have a setting called Stealth Mode, seems impossible for others to detect.

That's the spirit mate, nothing like some positivity pre match!!! Even if thats your thoughts keep them to yourself!!!

I
I hope that isn’t the case.

C’mon the Gers.

Let’s get into them.

NS

Barisic & Katic have been given far less chances than say Flanagan and Worrall.

Gerrard seems particularly hard on them whilst lenient with others who have at times been much worse.

We should be persevering with Barisic in particular, he is clearly having to adjust to the league, he's not going to do that sitting on the bench.

C’mon Rangers dick these muppets and put the alky looking manager of theirs back where he belongs.

Same with me, cleared cache on firefox and VPN, all ok now

I'm logged in without a problem. Still only getting the screenshot of the stadium though and expecting coverage to start maybe 15 minutes before kick-off as per normal for away games.

Didn't get any messages about proxies.

Each to their own. But Gerrard has repeatedly made clear that Barasic is his first choice left back. He has said that on numerous occasions. I very much doubt Gerrard sees Halliday as a better left back, defensively or otherwise, than Barasic. If he does then fair enough, we’ll see plenty of Halliday and not much of Barasic for the rest of the season. But I think we will find that Gerrard is simply managing Barasic’s game time given his recent injuries. That is all the more relevant on the plastic pitches (I know he played at Livi the other week but I still think that if you are managing someone’s workload you are more inclined to leave someone out on the plastic pitch, which is different from saying that Gerrard has a blanket approach of not playing Barasic or anyone else on the plastic pitch).
As you say,each to their own.

Chris Sutton is a complete moron. I've only had the channel on for 10 seconds and he just rips of moron.

Team is looking good. We should be able to beat Kilmarnock even without Morelos. Although, I do wonder what utterly ridiculous decision will be given against us today.

I’m deliberately not putting it on until kick off .

Barisic & Katic have been given far less chances than say Flanagan and Worrall.

Gerrard seems particularly hard on them whilst lenient with others who have at times been much worse.

We should be persevering with Barisic in particular, he is clearly having to adjust to the league, he's not going to do that sitting on the bench.

Perhaps two games in three days is too much for BB after his injury.

Back