Kit Launch and Gers Store Thread

Don’t like the new home kit, it is far too busy around the shoulders and arms and I detest the collar.
Will wait for one of the away tops when they are released.

No one cares if it's in line with what they said. The fact is it's an unacceptable launch. There's no arguing that.

A limited number of home shirts only, no shorts, no socks at the "official launch" when everyone else manages to do it. Fail

No one cares what they said? Fucking hell.

That's the epitome of "I didnt get exactly what I want when I want it and I wont listen to anything else despite all sense to the contrary and I'll stamp my feet because..."

It was the kit launch and they explicitly said the shirts would be available first.

If you can't accept that, you want to grow the %^*& up.

The alternative is they didnt release the shirts this week and everyone waited 3 weeks for everything together.

If you can't understand that, its on you.

The official launch date for when the kit will hit other retailers is July 10th. Originally this was supposed to be the middle of June.

I rang at 9.45. All junior sizes being delivered late afternoon tomorrow. I came up from England last night to visit family and asked to reserve one. They told me this wasn’t possible due to high demand so it’s just matter of ringing up and asking if they’ve being delivered. A selection of adult sizes came in yesterday apparently but when I was in last week they only had medium left.

No one cares what they said? Fucking hell.

That's the epitome of "I didnt get exactly what I want when I want it and I wont listen to anything else despite all sense to the contrary and I'll stamp my feet because..."

It was the kit launch and they explicitly said the shirts would be available first.

If you can't accept that, you want to grow the %^*& up.

The alternative is they didnt release the shirts this week and everyone waited 3 weeks for everything together.

If you can't understand that, its on you.

Hahaha, I'm not the one getting really upset about this. Away have a can of juice.

From a business sense, Hummel have failed as other companies would have provided a better "official launch" delivery with the year that hummel have had to prepare.

No shirt only BS, no early release of shirts to "keep everyone happy" BS.

Hahaha, I'm not the one getting really upset about this. Away have a can of juice.

From a business sense, Hummel have failed as other companies would have provided a better "official launch" delivery with the year that hummel have had to prepare.

No shirt only BS, no early release of shirts to "keep everyone happy" BS.

So you should be happy to wait until Mid June for TheGersStore / early July for what was meant to be the full launch nationwide in all stockists then?

Why are you moaning here about it being launched early and people who wanted a shirt getting them early.

Hummel have only failed in the eyes of idiots who demand something which was never on the cards purely because they differently. It's a moronic argument and stand point.

So you should be happy to wait until Mid June for TheGersStore / early July for what was meant to be the full launch nationwide in all stockists then?

Why are you moaning here about it being launched early and people who wanted a shirt getting them early.

Hummel have only failed in the eyes of idiots who demand something which was never on the cards purely because they differently. It's a moronic argument and stand point.

ffs. No i'm saying the official Launch should have been in May like everyone elses with sufficient stock. There shouldn't have been a requirement for a "keep everyone happy launch" as it all should have been out. No idea where you've pulled that nonsense from.

Again... I personally don't mind that it was just the shirt that was released but they haven't produced enough and there's no excuse for that. Why can everyone else produce sufficient stock at this time for launch.

Why is it acceptable for them to produce the good weeks after their competitors? Why is it June for the actual Launch and not May like everyone else. Why are hummel getting off the hook?

You're accepting that they have delivered what they said they would. Well what they have delivered is a lowering of the expectation bar. They've done what they said but it's well below standards others recieve and you're accepting that.

Said it before - it seems Hummel have bitten off more than they can chew.

It's well know that we are a club who can shift 350k to 400k jersey's a season. Why are they manufacturing way below this kind of level??

No availability currently online is totally unacceptable. No excuses.

How long is their contract??

Last edited:
ffs. No i'm saying the official Launch should have been in May like everyone elses with sufficient stock. There shouldn't have been a requirement for a "keep everyone happy launch" as it all should have been out. No idea where you've pulled that nonsense from.

Again... I personally don't mind that it was just the shirt that was released but they haven't produced enough and there's no excuse for that. Why can everyone else produce sufficient stock at this time for launch.

Why is it acceptable for them to produce the good weeks after their competitors? Why is it June for the actual Launch and not May like everyone else. Why are hummel getting off the hook?

You're accepting that they have delivered what they said they would. Well what they have delivered is a lowering of the expectation bar. They've done what they said but it's well below standards others recieve and you're accepting that.

Everyone?

Arsenal's kit isn't on sale yet. It won't be until July. They're with Adidas.

Spurs new Nike strip was only leaked last night and isn't on sale yet.

Man City are with Puma and their kit was only leaked 3 days back and isn't on sale yet.

See where this is going?

I'm lowering nothing in terms of what I expect. You're leading demands for things that were never promised or expected by most.

You're now also just making stuff up saying everyone has their kit out.

Looks like we're in good company with the other super powers down south who haven't released their kits for sale yet?

Think there's a maddie on Spurs forum moaning that Nike have bitten off more than they can chew and they should have gone with ANother instead as the standards of Nike are below what they expect?

We could be here all day naming clubs that do have their kit out for sale in Glasgow.

Them across the city.
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Juventus
Bayern
Athletico
Inter
AC

See where this is going? Look's like we aren't in good company.

A big factor is that lot across the city. They are able to freely order online and walk into the store to get their kit in May. Why can't we? Because hummel can't produce sufficient stock. We'll have wee manks on holiday with their kids kitted out, we won't.

We could be here all day naming clubs that do have their kit out for sale in Glasgow.

Them across the city.
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Juventus
Bayern
Athletico
Inter
AC

A big factor is that lot across the city. They are able to freely order online and walk into the store to get their kit in May. Why can't we? Because hummel can't produce sufficient stock. We'll have wee manks on holiday with their kids kitted out, we won't.

So why can't Spurs, Arsenal and Man City? Are you telling me Nike, Puma and Adidas all can't produce stock either.

Stop comparing us to Celtic too. Our deals and arrangements are entirely different and it also ignores the legacy issues with have with SDi.

Again, you're throwing this all at Hummel and Man City and Nike have the exact same "problem" with Man Utd as you're suggesting we have with Celtic.

The kids aren't on holiday from school yet? They don't break up until the 27th June.

You're making stuff up again.

I’ve got mine. Got it the day it came out.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

Nah seriously there was a decent amount of stock when I was in so can’t get my head around so many not having kits

So why can't Spurs, Arsenal and Man City? Are you telling me Nike, Puma and Adidas all can't produce stock either.

Stop comparing us to Celtic too. Our deals and arrangements are entirely different and it also ignores the legacy issues with have with SDi.

Again, you're throwing this all at Hummel and Man City and Nike have the exact same "problem" with Man Utd as you're suggesting we have with Celtic.

The kids aren't on holiday from school yet? They don't break up until the 27th June.

You're making stuff up again.

What have i made up? The poster above and myself are lying when we say we are going holiday within the next week with our kids?

Sport's Direct has no impact on the quantitie's Hummel produced for launch.

Did all the other UK clubs annouce a shirt launch date in May and fail to deliver sufficient stock? The one's that did delivered plentiful stock with shorts and socks to go.

To stay stop comparing, one of the few things they do well is the kit launch. Why is it so wrong to want the same for my club as my club will benefit greatly from that.

I’ve got mine. Got it the day it came out.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

Nah seriously there was a decent amount of stock when I was in so can’t get my head around so many not having kits

The point is there is no kits on sale.
Its just the shirt

What have i made up? The poster above and myself are lying when we say we are going holiday within the next week with our kids?

Sport's Direct has no impact on the quantitie's Hummel produced for launch.

Did all the other UK clubs annouce a shirt launch date in May and fail to deliver sufficient stock? The one's that did delivered plentiful stock with shorts and socks to go.

To stay stop comparing, one of the few things they do well is the kit launch. Why is it so wrong to want the same for my club as my club will benefit greatly from that.

Well if you're taking your kids out of school early and are missing a launch date for kits, that again is something Hummel can't control. That's on you.

I still don't see how they've failed to have plentiful stock. This release of shirts wasn't part of the full lauch. Come that date, which as others have said was never in May at any point, there will be the stock just like Spurs, Arsenal and Man City.

They do a kit launch well? They were standing in crocs being laughed at. C'mon, now.

You're complaining about something that you're making up yourself.

The point is there is no kits on sale.
Its just the shirt

I get that some people will want shorts and socks but it’s hardly a massive issue. They’ll be available soon enough.

All that was advertised was the shirt if I’m not mistaken

Last edited:
Well if you're taking your kids out of school early and are missing a launch date for kits, that again is something Hummel can't control. That's on you.

I still don't see how they've failed to have plentiful stock. This release of shirts wasn't part of the full lauch. Come that date, which as others have said was never in May at any point, there will be the stock just like Spurs, Arsenal and Man City.

They do a kit launch well? They were standing in crocs being laughed at. C'mon, now.

You're complaining about something that you're making up yourself.

More assumptions. My kid isn't in school.

The fact that the shop sold out most sizes and only had mediums for the weekend after launch isn't a failure? The fact that at this moment in time there are no shirts available online isnt a failure?

You keep going on about a full launch. Where has a launch date other than the May date been advertised? The only place from memory I've seen June mentioned is on here. Hence the launch day was a failure.

So their fans will be distraught that they can buy the kit but they won't because the players had crocs on? Wtf has that got to do with anything. Yes, they do it well, they have fking stock available early May for a start! Forget that though... they were wearing crocs.

What have I made up?

Last edited:

Them across the city.
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Juventus
Bayern
Athletico
Inter
AC

Just be happy when the kit does come out Rangers will see a % of the profit instead of Mike Ashley. Teething problems. Everyone who wants a kit will get one. No need to cry about it.

Just be happy when the kit does come out Rangers will see a % of the profit instead of Mike Ashley. Teething problems. Everyone who wants a kit will get one. No need to cry about it.

I am in no way crying about it. I'm pointing out it's an unacceptable standard. No denying we are in an incredibly better position than before, that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect the best service possible.

More assumptions. My kid isn't in school.

The fact that the shop only had mediums for the weekend after launch isn't a failure? The fact that at this moment in time there are no shirts available online isnt a failure?

You keep going on about a full launch. Where has a launch date other than the May date been advertised? The only place from memory I've seen June mentioned is on here. Hence the launch day was a failure.

So their fans will be distraught that they can buy the kit but they won't because the players had crocs on? Wtf has that got to do with anything. Yes, they do it well, they have fking stock available early May for a start! Forget that though... they were wearing crocs.

What have I made up?

You're the one bigging up Celtic here mate. I'm just pointing out folk were pissing themselves about their big unveiling.

See if you're kid is old enough to have left school, he / she is big enough that they don't have to worry about wearing a football strip on holiday. You made is sound like they're an 8 year old.

The chat has always been about July for kit launch...you only need to look on google to see that. It's not hard.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/04/glasgow-rangers-19-20-home-away-third-kits.html

The shop is stocked again. There's nothing wrong with selling out of stuff (even less so when it's ahead of the full launch) as it generates an interest.

Anyone wanting a strip is still going to buy one. We're not losing out here.

You're the one bigging up Celtic here mate. I'm just pointing out folk were pissing themselves about their big unveiling.

See if you're kid is old enough to have left school, he / she is big enough that they don't have to worry about wearing a football strip on holiday. You made is sound like they're an 8 year old.

The chat has always been about July for kit launch...you only need to look on google to see that. It's not hard.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/04/glasgow-rangers-19-20-home-away-third-kits.html

The shop is stocked again. There's nothing wrong with selling out of stuff (even less so when it's ahead of the full launch) as it generates an interest.

Anyone wanting a strip is still going to buy one. We're not losing out here.

He's only 4 and a half mate and Rangers daft. I'm looking forward to the day I can take him in and buy him his new kit like my old boy used to with me.

The strips Hummel have designed and quality have been great, i've no issues with Hummel on that side. Their process for delivering is lacking and lessons haven't been learnt from last season.

For all the folk moaning that they can’t get a kit here’s some questions for you..
Why didn’t you pre order ? why didn’t you go to the shop on launch day ? How can you blame Hummel for your own mistakes of not being on the ball.

For all the folk moaning that they can’t get a kit here’s some questions for you..
Why didn’t you pre order ? why didn’t you go to the shop on launch day ? How can you blame Hummel for your own mistakes of not being on the ball.

Didn't preorder because I wanted to buy for my boy at the same time and they haven't kids sizes. Also the fit between the home and orange last year was completely different so would like to try it on.

Didn't go on launch day as I was at work and don't work in Glasgow.

So yes, Hummel should have had more kits ready or held off until they did.

The dribs and drabs shit of last season shouldn't have been repeated.

Why didn’t you pre order ? why didn’t you go to the shop on launch day ? How can you blame Hummel for your own mistakes of not being on the ball

I want to take my son into the shop to buy his, didn't want to buy one for me and not him. I want to get the right size as hummel sizing seems different. Lastly, I didn't see their being a stock shortage again.

I work so can't possibly get down.

I don't think that's unreasonable? Now if hummel had done the home top launch sufficiently, i'd have got them on the Saturday.

I want to take my son into the shop to buy his, didn't want to buy one for me and not him. I want to get the right size as hummel sizing seems different. Lastly, I didn't see their being a stock shortage again.

I work so can't possibly get down.

I don't think that's unreasonable? Now if hummel had done the home top launch sufficiently, i'd have got them on the Saturday.

The size issue is really simple to figure out instead of the Europe size you go with the USA size so if your large uk size you will also be large USA size simple

The kit wasn't on pre order though, it was the top.

Also no kits for kids is what most are annoyed about.

surely halfsleeve during pool activities. Long sleeve for dinner and posturing after dinner speaking. Then repeat

Never worn a football top on holiday in my life. Not judging those that do, but it's just not my thing. I'm just wanting one for playing football and going to the games.

Not everyone can get to the one and only shop in Scotland selling the jersey's.

And there is absolutely no stock available online.

That's not good in anyone's language, no matter what your retail 'situation' is.

To just accept this is accepting a sub standard level of competence and service.

Hummel cannot be beyond criticism in all of this. NO stock online!! Come on. In this day and age that is poor.

It's been on pre order for almost a month. They had everysize upto a few days ago. They don't just make tops in the hundreds of thousands.
Other clubs/manufacturers manage to fullfull demand and stock appropriately.

Hummel are behind the curve.

Other clubs/manufacturers manage to fullfull demand and stock appropriately.

Hummel are behind the curve.

They were all available online on release date.

Hummel aren't operating on the same level as Nike/Adidas with hundreds of retailers and suppliers throughout Britain. We are they're biggest kit deal.

We didn't even have the tops for August last season mine was dispatched for september and i ordered it when it was released

Back