Latest bid for Edmundson turned down

Ponientebear

Take it to 800,000. They start demanding more and we walk.

Seems like the right price and the right age for the CB we should be bringing in, so let’s not mess around and get it done.
Are you Martin Bain?
He plays for Oldham in the 2nd division ffs.

RFC97

Are you Martin Bain?
He plays for Oldham in the 2nd division ffs.
Yes and we know what the markets like down there.

We start living in the real world and realize these are the prices we have to pay for players there. If we don’t like it we go elsewhere.

Ponientebear

Taylor isnt good enough because he plays for kilmarnock yet a guy from Oldham is worth 800k, you also state he is the type of player we should be signing and I can almost gautuntee you havent seen a minute of him playing football
He’s all wind and piss mate, ignore.

PrideOfGovanLoyal

Not sure a sample of 102 fans is a sound basis to be judging anything on.
If we're signing a player from this level I'd expect him to be a stand out in the same way Docherty and Rossiter have been on their loan spells. You'd expect their fans to be gutted about losing him.

Certainly doesn't sound that way to me. Most of the comments are along the lines of "hopefully we can squeeze a bit more out of Rangers before we deal".

Ponientebear

Yes and we know what the markets like down there.

We start living in the real world and realize these are the prices we have to pay for players there. If we don’t like it we go elsewhere.
The most over rated market in the world, the only thing I would grudgingly agree with is we shouldn’t go near the English leagues, too pumped up by their self importance when really most of their best teams are riddled with foreigners.

MearnsUnionist

If we're signing a player from this level I'd expect him to be a stand out in the same way Docherty and Rossiter have been on their loan spells. You'd expect their fans to be gutted about losing him.

Certainly doesn't sound that way to me. Most of the comments are along the lines of "hopefully we can squeeze a bit more out of Rangers before we deal".

All the other managers in the division had him in their team of the year.

I know nothing about him, but if he's rated by opposition managers, as well as Gerrard and Allen, then you've got to trust their judgement mate.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

For those saying just sign him in January, he’s handed in a transfer request, no going back for him now.
Transfer request is exactly that though. Oldham don't need to sell him if they don't want to. He won't be happy about that naturally but there's %^*& all he can do.

On topic: bid 550k, maybe 600k at a push. If they say no, walk away and get him for free. They originally valued him at 500k and only increases it to 1m because a few clubs were interested and they wanted a bidding war. They can get fucked.

Kingdom Bear

I’d just leave it and see if any other clubs come in for him ... if they pay the £1m then good luck to them .... if they don’t then go back in later in the window and offer the £500,000 again !!!

WATP3006

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.

MearnsUnionist

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.

Spot on mate.

Knightswoodbear

He's a prospect that looks like he might be able to step up. The last time we took a punt on a very similar level of player was when we signed Windass and Matt Crooks. I don't think he'll be near the level we require but I'll eat humble pie if he is. Certainly wouldn't want to go over £500k.

sammysun

The most over rated market in the world, the only thing I would grudgingly agree with is we shouldn’t go near the English leagues, too pumped up by their self importance when really most of their best teams are riddled with foreigners.
I seen the game in Baku the guy was saying of the 22 players at KO only one was English.

ScottXC

Martin Bain would have already had this boy in at £2.1m.

Glad we're finally doing sensible business in regards to transfers and low balling wherever we can.

We'll have a valuation and won't go above it. If this boy doesn't join then it's safe to assume he's been sold for something we think he's not worth.

Superrangers

Patience bears.
Sensible. It won’t catch on.

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
Before breaking into Oldham team was playing for Fylde in the national league not too long ago , quite a step up from there if he does sign for us , but would wish him all the best.

baystatebear

In situations like this Rangers should enter negotiations with this simple guiding principle:—how much is the player really worth to us. This would be the sum - 'our best and final' - beyond which the Rangers will not go.

Obviously, the negotiating process will kick-off with a low-ball offer, which is then incrementally increased hoping at some point the other club will bite. If not, and they continue to hold out for more than our 'best and final', then simply wish them and the player all the best - and walk away.

Eckhailitchenko

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.
Fans knowfuckall when push comes to shove mate. If Gerrard and co like this guy he must have something going on eh ?

Kampbell

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.
Howling at this. Who cares about stats and scouting, let's just check a fan forums POTY nominations when we're looking at who to buy.:D