Lawrence shankland

Is he wan o them?

Ive worked with his Uncle in the past Big Shanky the Scaff.(staunch)
Heard the manager for Ayr getting interviewed,somethings going on somewhere to be asked could he make it in the Premier,he retorted this boy can score goals for any team.

After 26 goals in the third tier what can possibly go wrong?

Nicky Clark anyone?
So because Nicky Clark didn’t work out we never try buying a player of similar background?

Would have missed some great players in our history. My Idol was Davie Cooper a signing from Clydebank. There is a huge list of great players signed from the lower leagues.

We need to look at every avenue. If our team think the lad might do a job at the right price then given their record in sorting decent players I say go for it.

I know this is damning with faimt praise but I too , like our coaching team , never noticed Andrew Robertson at Queens' Park match at Hampden but I did notice Shankland whom I thought was impressive and was someone we should sign. I was surprised he failed at Aberdeen but then again he isn't a McInnes type striker.
He was overweight and not training/behaving properly at sheep.

So because Nicky Clark didn’t work out we never try buying a player of similar background?

Would have missed some great players in our history. My Idol was Davie Cooper a signing from Clydebank. There is a huge list of great players signed from the lower leagues.

We need to look at every avenue. If our team think the lad might do a job at the right price then given their record in sorting decent players I say go for it.
And Bobby Russell from Shettleston was also bound to be shite...

Depending on how much Ayr want we should buy him & loan him back for the remainder of the season.

Have a good look at him over the close season to see if he can make the step up.

Exactly, there are countless examples of players all over the world who have kicked on at different stages of their careers and from different levels.

Quite eye opening that some of our fans really don’t have a clue about football.

I say get him in. I'm sure we could land him if we give Ayr 100k and loan him back for either a half/full season.

For those debating it, he is 100% a bear

I say get him in. I'm sure we could land him if we give Ayr 100k and loan him back for either a half/full season.

For those debating it, he is 100% a bear

Not even up for debate, the lad is not slowly in letting everyone know of his leanings.

Whether he is good enough to play for us is another matter altogether but no doubting he has got his career back on track under McCall at Ayr, scoring for fun at the moment.

I know this is damning with faimt praise but I too , like our coaching team , never noticed Andrew Robertson at Queens' Park match at Hampden but I did notice IShankland whom I thought was impressive and was someone we should sign. I was surprised he failed at Aberdeen but then again he isn't a McInnes type striker.
Exactly the same as you, never gave Robertson a thought. Shankland stood out but I remember they played right through our defence at 0_0 and Shankland took fright and fluffed the chance right thru on our goal.

Would never recommend Robertson from that game who has turned into a terrific player.

Looks a good player, some nice goals in that wee video, dont think the fact its a lower level is so important when someone can finish like that.... and the thing is even if did not work out its not going to cost that much money. Hes a penalty box striker/ goalscorer and thats the one thing we are missing at the moment.

Press guys would laugh at signing LS, but then the same people laughed about giving the managers job to Gerrard.

Can the guy take the step up to be a Ranger.I don't know so am prepared to sit tight and see what our management team think.The right attitude and character could well decide this move.

BTW, Nicky Clark in this team with this manager might be a better player. Why can't our fans understand things like this. Its like the tims telling us we need 50m to catch them.

Nicky Clark would have been better in this team. He scored a lot of goals being quick in a team with two fast wingers moving the ball up the park quickly.

And Bobby Russell from Shettleston was also bound to be shite...

Depending on how much Ayr want we should buy him & loan him back for the remainder of the season.

Have a good look at him over the close season to see if he can make the step up.
Don't loan him back to Ayr, loan him to an SPFL team to see if he can make the step up.

Drawn Ayr at home next, a chance for our manager to assess the young lad first hand.

Who knows.

Might have signed him before then.
Question for me, is whether he has the right attitude & professionalism to make it under SG's Rangers?
If he failed for a lack of professionalism at the Sheep, has he got the attitude to turn it around at Rangers.
Also, is it too late for him to develop the athletic stamina needed at the level we want to be at?
Fortunately we can have confidence in our management team to make the right decisions.

Might have signed him before then.
Question for me, is whether he has the right attitude & professionalism to make it under SG's Rangers?
If he failed for a lack of professionalism at the Sheep, has he got the attitude to turn it around at Rangers.
Also, is it too late for him to develop the athletic stamina needed at the level we want to be at?
Fortunately we can have confidence in our management team to make the right decisions.

Agree with the last part, that's what our manager and his assistant Gary Mac will mull over so we will see.

Or Bobby Russell from Shettleston Juniors for that matter. Or Stuart Munro from Alloa.

Totally agree. Just because it didn't work out for Nicky Clarke doesn't mean we don't look at the lower leagues in the future.

Back