Lennon unhappy with Willie Callum’s performance today

If Collum had the given the foul on Cosgrove at 2-1, there is every likelihood they would have lost that game.

I genuinely have no idea what Lennon is complaining about. Collum couldn’t not give the two Aberdeen penalties. And the only penalty that was even a bit dubious was the Celtic one (although I thought it was a penalty).

Over to you Claire. Compliance officer Celtic boss Lennon blasts ref Collum and ‘baffling’ decisions in Aberdeen clash. NEIL LENNON has hit out at Willie Collum as he blasted his ‘baffling’ decisions in Celtic’s clash with Aberdeen this afternoon.The Hoops managed to mount a second-half comeback before conceding a dramatic late goal to seal the 3-3 draw But Lennon wasn’t impressed with some of whistler Collum’s decisions during the match.Speaking to BBC Sportsound after full-time, he said: “I thought the referee had a very poor game today.“This is the first time I’ve been semi-critical of a referee, I thought he was poor. “His decision-making, being influenced by his assistants and some of the decisions were baffling out there today.“That’s not an excuse as to why we dropped points but it didn’t add to what was a cracking game of football.“I thought he was poor for a referee at his level.”Meanwhile, Lennon admitted he was disappointed that his Celtic side were unable to hold on to their lead after fighting back from being behind twice.He said: “Disappointed to end with a draw. We’ve come from behind to be 3-2 up. I thought the players showed a lot of what I wanted.“Good goals, great appetite but we’ve scored three goals away from home and should be expecting to win it.“So defensively, I thought the first goal was cheap but the third goal is really disappointing from our point of view.“We’ve got enough bodies there to deal with it. We weren’t strong enough in the tackle.”Lennon continued: “I thought first half we had good control without really asking too many questions of Aberdeen.“Second half we had a lot more bite about us going forward and there was a lot of good performances.“Rogic was great and I thought McGregor again had another fine game. “The subs made a positive impact as well. It was a great finish from Griff. We don’t like dropping points but there is a long way to go.”
True to form - popcorn teeth always blames someone else....

There were 3 penalties and Collum called them all correctly.
You could argue a few nightly decisions but he got all the big ones right.

Lennon is just in full on victim mode, trying to shift attention from his own failings, he is a master at it.
He will be on the bevvy already I think.

By baffling Lennon means the normally compliant official had the bare faced temerity to give not one but two stonewall penalties against the filth. So used are they to getting everything their own way that he is genuinely baffled that a referee has actually acted in such an impartial manner.

Magic no worky you overwrought ginger munchkin, without compliant officials you are just a very ordinary side, used to getting your own way and acting like little bitches when you don’t.

And so it begins. Collum’s windows tanned, family threatened, work pressure etcetera and fk all will be done by the compliance mentally challenged.

NEIL LENNON has slammed referee Willie Collum for some “baffling” decisions in Celtic’s 3-3 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie this afternoon.

The match official awarded three penalty-kicks – one in stoppage-time for Lewis Ferguson to drill in the Dons’ equaliser to deny the champions three points.

It was the midfielder’s second spot-kick after notching one in the first-half. The whistler was quick to give one following a challenge by Olivier Ntcham on Ferguson who pulled up to invite the clumsy clash.

Goals from Callum McGregor, substitute Leigh Griffiths, who came on for the anonymous Albian Ajeti, and Ryan Christie, from a penalty, had the Hoops 3-2 ahead until the fading moments.

An exasperated Lennon, speaking to BBC Sportsound about the ref’s decisions, said: “I’ll need to see them again, but I think the referee had a very poor game today.

“This is the first time really I’ve been semi-critical of a referee. I thought he was poor.

“In decision making, in being influenced by his assistants, some of the decisions were baffling. That’s not an excuse for us dropping points, but it didn’t add to what was an incredible game of football.

“I thought he was poor for a referee of his level.

Lennon also admitted that some of his players are feeling the heat after three games without a win while surrendering eight goals in mistake-riddled performances.

He added: “Obviously, we don’t like dropping points.

“It’s a little phase that they are going through at the minute, a few of them might be a little bit fragile confidence-wise.

“It’s my job to keep them going and we will work through this. There are signs we are getting better, but we’ve got to stop inviting the pressure.

“We were sort of passive. There’s a minute to go in the first-half and we should play it forward rather than still trying to play.

“So, decision making has to be a little better and see the game out at 3-2. We had plenty of bodies to deal with it.”

The Hoops’ next game is the Europa League Group H encounter against Lille in France on Thursday before they take on Derek McInnes’ Dons outfit again in the delayed Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden
Semi-critical Neil aye?

Wibble

Love it! It's always great when they drop points and there is a 'dodgy' decision or two.

It;s a big f'n squirrel to shift the blame. Tomorrow it will be the players getting it!

Cited then sanctioned then complaint that Gerrard got off with it, then conspiracy to stop the 10

I don’t know what he’s referring to? Ref got one decision wrong and it went their way ( foul on cosgrove in the buildup to their 2nd )

I saw the last 20 minutes and Collum ignored a blatant foul on Cosgrove which led directly to the equaliser and failed to card McGregor for the penalty.

In contrast, no wrong decisions that benefitted the Sheep and I'd be willing to bet that was the case for the whole match.

The pressures starting to tell on the manky tramp.
Here's hoping it ramps up more over the next few weeks.

It's those cvnts all over. Slightest chance of their wee perfect, bullshit world coming apart and they go to pieces.

These people do not do sport. Steeped in recidivism, it's all they do.

“This is the first time I’ve been semi-critical of a referee”

o_O
He really is a hypocrite or perhaps he cannot count to more than 1 , he puts pressure on refs every bloody week and is critical of them virtually every tim they drop points. His comments are a shoe in for the compliance office but I doubt if he will be cited.

Being influenced by his assistants lol Someone really needs to inform him why they are there. Maybe also inform him his captain was lucky not to see a second yellow, which he should have.
He'll be smashing the voddie tonight knowing his team couldn't finish a terrible Aberdeen and he is now staring down the barrel.

I genuinely have no idea what Lennon is complaining about. Collum couldn’t not give the 2 penalties.
That's what he's complaining about. SPFL referees aren't supposed to give pens against celtic. No wonder he's baffled. He'll be on the phone to Mulraney tonight.

“This is the first time I’ve been semi-critical of a referee”

o_O

'Semi-critical' and then claims he's been poor at least three times..........

Long may it continue mind you

While he keeps deflecting to outside and obviously biased influences it gives him another week with them

Influenced by assistants.....eh? I would hope so, if not what is the point in having them? What a bizarre statement. Or am I missing something here? I was under impression even 4th official influences things now.

Presumably that influence ok if it goes Celtic way?

McGregor should have walked for a clear second booking in giving the penalty away

Lennon reverting to type its always someone else's fault.Funny how we haven't heard him critising refs when everything's going his way,league cup final ring any bells lenny?
From what I saw of the game Thumbs goal should not have stood due to a foul on Cosgrove.No mention of that.

Under new rules any foul in the box while not attempting to play the ball is a straight red card . McGregor is on the deck & intentionally tries to kick the dons players standing leg , no attempt to play the ball , straight red card .

So by his own words the 1st time hes been semi-critical( I would say more than semi-critical and not 1st time) therefore he has no defence wonder what compliance officer will make of it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pretty cynical from Lennon, he’s on full deflection mode here taking the focus off the poor performance and poorer recruitment.

The two contentious desicions were the lack of a free kick for the foul by Duffy that led to their goal and that McGregor wasn’t red carded.

I genuinely think he’s on the brink.

Back