Lennoxtown up for sale - rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherabouts is the Barrowfield site in relation to Celtic park. Live in Dennistoun and pass the Chamber of Secrets regularly but have never known where their old training ground was?

Just So I am reading this right

They are doing up the dump at barrowfield
Moving first team as well as all academy and st Patrick’s that already there
Selling off Lennox town land they got for pennies a few years ago for a very large profit ?
That’s the jist of what’s happening here ?

The selling of the land at Lennoxtown would have to go through various stages and would be in red tape for years if they were trying to sell that land for massive gain.

But they aren't. It's an upgrade to Barrowfield.
Your naive if you think it would be difficult to sell Lennoxtown quickly.

I always thought they’d sell Lennoxtown after getting it on the cheap and move back to the east end profiting off some legacy commonwealth games facilities

Lennoxtown is up for sale but they are building a better one? Not sure how that’s downsizing or am I reading it incorrect?

Did they not get Lennoxtown at a discounted rate? If so, something should be done about it. If the council are giving them discounted rates that they then sell on for a premium, where the f*ck is the sporting integrity in that?!
What about the fiduciary duty of the council. Ranks somewhat higher to tax payers, or it should.

Wherabouts is the Barrowfield site in relation to Celtic park. Live in Dennistoun and pass the Chamber of Secrets regularly but have never known where their old training ground was?
Past paedophilie dome on left half mile up road on right

All their youth teams up to under 14 train/play at barrowfield - but it is a dump at the moment. They’re obviously investing money in that facility rather than replacing Lennoxtown.
It's an absolute hovel, I did some work in it recently. Genuinely seen better maintained facilities at local parks and some of the more established local kids teams have far superior facilities compared with it. Not much room there either.

As has been indicated previously, if Celtic are indeed selling this land, it should be a national outrage.

Celtic bought the land for a ridiculously cheap value, then it appears they got their money given back to them as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footba...-them-most-in-the-same-year-plus-a-bonus/amp/

A single penny profit for them would be ridiculous.

If Rangers “diverted money from the taxpayer” by carrying out tax reduction schemes, then this is actually just thieving straight from source.

Wonder if they'll put in the road they haven't complied with at Lennoxtown....
Or as usual avoid their liabilities?

Barrowfield site and Lennoxtown the main part of that land deal inquiry , looks like the rhats are cashing in

No doubt so that the council can buy it off them for £100m.

Aye, maybe they're being forced to pay for that road that was to form part of the build that screwed residents over for years and EDC did nothing about before "being unable to locate the paperwork" about it all.

Same with the facility passing planning as it was to be available to kids to use outwith hours but they were then denied use of it unless it was 3am on a Tuesady moring when it was snowing.

The entire process of that training centre going ahead was a disgrace to tax payers.

Given the preferential rates that cost EDC residents loads of money, I'd hate to see a larger figure being given to Celtic now.

I never said they were downsizing , I’m saying the sale will fund it .
Carsons op a wee while ago i’m sure said the sale of the training ground was to cover compo for abuse victims... maybe i’m getting his op mixed up with someone elses.

Still - it will be safer on A891 without Bheast FC players racing home to Glasgow.

That went very quiet didn't it.

After the initial crash and the other vehicle with Celtic players turning up to help the people in the first car, it just seemed to so far fetched they happened to be on that same stretch of road at the same time as their colleagues.

Of course, when it was abundantly clear they'd been racing dangerously and caused an accident and the cover up began, the story all went away.

It's not like they've got previous though...oh wait...

That went very quiet didn't it.

After the initial crash and the other vehicle with Celtic players turning up to help the people in the first car, it just seemed to so far fetched they happened to be on that same stretch of road at the same time as their colleagues.

Of course, when it was abundantly clear they'd been racing dangerously and caused an accident and the cover up began, the story all went away.

It's not like they've got previous though...oh wait...

that was a separate incident. Ralston hit someone pulling out their driveway on the a891

Ntcham Dembele and Eduoard incident was up nearer Cumbernauld i'm sure.
Indeed, a few days before the cup final, one of those mentioned above nearly hit into side of the car of an older chap on the same road.

So do you know something or just trying to join the dots?

In that document it says ‘another’ training facility.

I’ve told you what I know
Carsons op a wee while ago i’m sure said the sale of the training ground was to cover compo for abuse victims... maybe i’m getting his op mixed up with someone elses.
I said on another post

They were selling lennoxtown that’s it

I got told it was to fascinate the compensation claims that were POSSIBLY going to come in

So if they sell for say £20 mill
And develop barrow field for £7 million they then have a surplus of £13 million

As has been indicated previously, if Celtic are indeed selling this land, it should be a national outrage.

Celtic bought the land for a ridiculously cheap value, then it appears they got their money given back to them as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footba...-them-most-in-the-same-year-plus-a-bonus/amp/

A single penny profit for them would be ridiculous.

If Rangers “diverted money from the taxpayer” by carrying out tax reduction schemes, then this is actually just thieving straight from source.

Football Tax Haven blogger had them sussed 5 years ago

They called it 100%

State Aid and corruption

Another investigation into this is required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back