Lewis Ferguson at Bologna

Even if he was a dynamite player and available for a good fee I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Ibrox on account of his father and uncle.
His father and uncle were very good players for the club, what they do or say after they've retired from the game in no way should impact on Lewis Ferguson as a player in his own right.

So if he was genuinely world class we shouldn't sign him because his relatives write something in a newspaper that people don't agree, seriously that is one of the most idiotic posts I've read on this forum in all the years I've been on here

He wouldn’t have been afforded the time here to get good, he would have been expected to hit the ground running as we expect with all our players.

Bologna aren’t expected to do anything in Serie A. It’s the very reason he was good in an Aberdeen side, because there’s no pressure for success

Most players we can afford will never have experienced the prerequisites of being a Rangers player. Even star turns like RDB were taken aback when they first arrived. Many will simply wilt, we need to identify players that show something that suggests they have the mental fortitude to winning 99% of our games, and a draw is a potential loss of the championship…. Every. Single. Game.

I dont even know whos in charge at Aberdeen tbh but that point seems utterly ridiculous to me.

There’s no way Aberdeen would have accepted an offer from us that had the same terms as another team offered them. My numbers may be exaggerated but point remains, their support would have demanded he be sold anywhere other than to us. They’re still bitter about Davie Robertson ffs

He wouldn’t have been afforded the time here to get good, he would have been expected to hit the ground running as we expect with all our players.

Bologna aren’t expected to do anything in Serie A. It’s the very reason he was good in an Aberdeen side, because there’s no pressure for success

Tbf Ryan Jack is 6 years in and folk still think he might come good.

Were AC and Juve after Ferguson when he was at the sheep? When has any top 4 Italian team moved for a mid table spfl player?

Playing in Serie A puts him in a much more relevant shop window.
Jesus Christ, this is a boring argument folk are putting a cross. The point is the potential is there

Everybody that had any connection with Hamilton Accies told us Greg Docherty had showed more all through their development than Ferguson had. Docherty was the better player, we signed him how did it work out ?
Are you saying that footballers never develop at different rates to each other?

you keep believing in Santa and the tooth fairy

Remember it was Hickie

Milan are signing everyone, where did Hickie go ? Milan, Napoli, Arsenal, Newcastle, naw Brentford.
Probably getting paid more at Brentford.

Was it not only recently either Brentford or Bournemouth outbid Inter Milan, for a player?

Jesus Christ, this is a boring argument folk are putting a cross. The point is the potential is there
Talk about completely missing the point. You've literally just backed up my point with your last sentence. Who's to say that Doherty wouldn't have progressed in the same way if he'd moved to a better league? Would Ferguson have kicked on the same way coming to us and playing against the same old shite cloggers for 80% of the season?

I watched his game against Lazio, he missed a sitter of a header, got booked and generally didn't do too much apart from hassle and kick players.

Would have a been a decent enough signing for us, but we have much better with cantwell/ Raskin

I watched his game against Lazio, he missed a sitter of a header, got booked and generally didn't do too much apart from hassle and kick players.

Would have a been a decent enough signing for us, but we have much better with cantwell/ Raskin
totally different players

he would have counted to the home grown quota

sometimes our fans are just snobs plain and simple

if he was italian and we signed him he would be getting all the time in the world

ferguson is better then him and doesnt come with a sick note for half a year

Jack is better although they are completely different players. Ferguson is mainly used as an attacking midfielder who has occasionally been played as a striker recently.

totally different players

he would have counted to the home grown quota

sometimes our fans are just snobs plain and simple

if he was italian and we signed him he would be getting all the time in the world
All look like centre mids in some shape or form

I did say he would have been a good signing,I just think we've found better

Ferguson isn’t better than a fit Ryan Jack

He would have been a good long term Jack replacement imo.

Slightly different players, but lots of bite and energy.

He’s what, 8 years younger than Jack?

It’s gone now. If he comes to Rangers, it will be a lot later in his career now on a free.

Reactions: TPP
He would have been a good long term Jack replacement imo.

Slightly different players, but lots of bite and energy.

He’s what, 8 years younger than Jack?

It’s gone now. If he comes to Rangers, it will be a lot later in his career now on a free.

Not much to replace, let's be honest. Jack isn't any barometer when you judge his Rangers his career.

Not much to replace, let's be honest. Jack isn't any barometer when you judge his Rangers his career.

Jack is a really good player, imo.

I think we look a far better team with Ryan Jack in it and have done, consistently for the 5 or so years he’s been here.

He adds something to the engine room that the others don’t possess.

He also makes Tav a better player when he plays, which is huge for us.

I think we look a far better team with Ryan Jack in it and have done, consistently for the 5 or so years he’s been here.

A fully fit Jack is a fantastic player for us Crouchy..

Ryan Jack during the 55 season for sure.

Nico Raskin already looks a different level, that's the standard we should be going for. Belgium U21 caps.

Jack is struggling to make 30 games a season.

Nico Raskin already looks a different level, that's the standard we should be going for. Belgium U21 caps.

Jack will have a big part to play next season.

We need to pick the right 30 games for home.

Away from home, Europe and home to the top teams - Jack makes us a better player.

He’ll be a huge aid to Raskin in those battles, whom I think is something special already.

Let’s face the facts if we were to go and sign Baxter or Cooper these days FF would be up in arms we were signing ‘shite’ from crap teams and only doing it because they were Bears! That’s the internet for you.

Looks like hes enjoying his football over there maybe sometimes its good to get away from the cesspit of scottish football. Good luck to the boy

I think any young player coming through just now who gets the opportunity to move abroad to a top league especially, should take it. They will learn more abroad in 1 month than they will learn from coaches over 5 years.

There is still too much of an obsession with height and power. Rather technique and ability. There still too much of a focus at youth level at winning at all costs rather than improving players technical ability and ability read the game and manage it.

Could not agree more.

Twice at the Piggery we have wilted without Jack in the midfield. Granted, he is injury prone but we’d be nuts not to give him a contract extension.

Many times does it have to be said Aberdeen would not have sold Ferguson to us for anywhere near the same price,it was never going to happen because of the club he was at.

Could not agree more.

Twice at the Piggery we have wilted without Jack in the midfield. Granted, he is injury prone but we’d be nuts not to give him a contract extension.

Every time he comes on there, we immediately look better.

I’d give him a 2 year deal.

I don't buy into the theory that because Lewis Ferguson is getting a game for a middling seria A team, we've missed out on a gem. I'll believe he's a target for Juve, Milan, Madrid or the Harlem Globetrotters when he actually signs for one of them.

He might get a move to a Brentford or a Bournemouth. That's why they signed him. Hoping to sell on a player with a British passport to a premier league team. Big deal. There's plenty of bang average players in the EPL that aren't good enough for us either. There's people in another thread turning their nose up at McTomminey for free and Lewis Ferguson won't reach his level if he played another 30 years. And if he does go to a team for 10 or 15 million, big deal again. Guys like McBurnie and Oli Burke have been bought and sold for more money than we'd spend in a year. It's a different market.

We have brought in Raskin and Cantwell for less than Lewis Ferguson went for. It's about value, not cost.

Jack looks like he's running through treacle. If we're still relying on him starting games next season then we deserve everything we get.

He's exactly the type of player we should have signed this summer but he's Scottish so people look down their noses at him at as result we have a squad full of old domestic players and unproven foreign youngsters.
Better by far than what we had when he was sold . We should have bought him. Too many people here just don't like him for reasons unknown. Played for Aberdeen.

Better by far than what we had when he was sold . We should have bought him. Too many people here just don't like him for reasons unknown. Played for Aberdeen.

It doesn't matter what we think. If Gerrard or Gio wanted him then he'd be here. I'm more than happy with the players we have in that position, if he was here he'd be competing with Cantwell and Tillman for a place in the team.

Could not agree more.

Don't think Jack started any of the 5 OF games in the 55 season, his contribution is just wildly overstated.

Back