Liverpool Away

I’m gutted for some of the regular travellers and folk in gold who missed out here. One point etc ffs that is shocking given the way MyGers is being administered.

Who I’m not upset for are supporters on social media who clearly don’t understand anything about MyGers and how it works, have clearly never even tried to get an away ticket whether domestically or in Europe , and just demanded one for this game. The entitlement in some of the tweets etc is astounding. As is the lack of understanding that everyone has had the same opportunity over five years to get the necessary points (certain exceptions excluded).

Last edited:
I’ll be honest I think part of the problem is the union bears for games like the final. I know that sounds silly as they are creating an atmosphere but I think the majority of the fans don’t want to take part in the monotone chants. We’ve never been a ultra led crowd. Every game the UB sing constantly but it rarely gets traction across the whole stadium.
Will disagree with that mate. The UB led the support perfectly at Leipzig / Hampden (on multiple occasions) so they can and do lead the support in big semis / finals.

I’m gutted for some of the regular travellers and folk in gold who missed out here. One point etc ffs that is shocking given the way MyGers is being administered.

Who I’m not upset for are supporters on social media who clearly don’t understand anything about MyGers and how it works, have clearly never even tried to get an away ticket whether domestically or in Scotland , and just demanded one for this game. The entitlement in some of the tweets etc is astounding. As is the lack of understanding that everyone has had the same opportunity over five years to get the necessary points (certain exceptions excluded).
The replies to Greg Marshall’s tweet last night saying the game was sold out were embarrassing,cringing reading them,some on here not much better.
No wonder the club switch off from fans.

I’ll be honest I think part of the problem is the union bears for games like the final. I know that sounds silly as they are creating an atmosphere but I think the majority of the fans don’t want to take part in the monotone chants. We’ve never been a ultra led crowd. Every game the UB sing constantly but it rarely gets traction across the whole stadium.
Bullshit. Before the game people around me didn’t even know the words to every Saturday we follow.

Weren’t interested in singing Derrys walls/follow follow/blue sea of Ibrox etc. Only interested in clapping along like seals to the “du du du du glasgow rangers” after we’d scored

But yeah, let’s just blame the UB. If it wasn’t for the UB and a small band of fans in the lower tier, it would’ve been even more embarrassing than it was. The atmosphere generated by our fans in Seville was pathetic

Who I’m not upset for are supporters on social media who clearly don’t understand anything about MyGers and how it works, have clearly never even tried to get an away ticket whether domestically or in Scotland , and just demanded one for this game. The entitlement in some of the tweets etc is astounding. As is the lack of understanding that everyone has had the same opportunity over five years to get the necessary points (certain exceptions excluded).
Was the same for Seville. You had guys on twitter demanding it be a random ballot between all ST holders and mygers shouldn't be involved. Nae bother.

there’s always going to be someone who misses out on 1 point / closest to the threshold.
why the outcry?

i’m on 1813 points, and i didn’t apply, so Mr 1point might have been Mr 3points if i applied

Sorry can’t agree with that. “Blaming” the UB for what they sing is way down on the reasons for the atmosphere being poor.

Bullshit. Before the game people around me didn’t even know the words to every Saturday we follow.

Weren’t interested in singing Derrys walls/follow follow/blue sea of Ibrox etc. Only interested in clapping along like seals to the “du du du du glasgow rangers” after we’d scored

But yeah, let’s just blame the UB. If it wasn’t for the UB and a small band of fans in the lower tier, it would’ve been even more embarrassing than it was. The atmosphere generated by our fans in Seville was pathetic
thats a boring chant

Im not blaming the UB. They tried to create an atmosphere but I just don’t think the majority of fans want to join in. We were playing a club with a proper ultra seen that had a big buyin on the day. We were never going to compete. Our atmospheres have always been reactionary and dependent on what is going on on the pitch. The European clubs would continue to chant even if they were getting pumped 4-0

I was shouting and screaming at 'fans' around me to start singing and supporting the team in the first half. Wasn't until the UB capo screamed down to the lower tier in the megaphone that the support finally woke up.

The heat / water excuses doesn't wash, the Germans had the same issue and handled it well.

We ended up sitting in the same section as UB for the final due to ‘our seats’ being in the back row. Felt sorry for them trying to urge everyone on.

Im not blaming the UB. They tried to create an atmosphere but I just don’t think the majority of fans want to join in. We were playing a club with a proper ultra seen that had a big buyin on the day. We were never going to compete. Our atmospheres have always been reactionary and dependent on what is going on on the pitch. The European clubs would continue to chant even if they were getting pumped 4-0
If it wasn’t for them our end would have been literally silent. It’s not their job to create an atmosphere that’s for the whole support. Plenty of times when the away support take over and almost drown out what chant the UB are doing which they then join in with.

That didn’t happen in Seville.

The replies to Greg Marshall’s tweet last night saying the game was sold out were embarrassing,cringing reading them,some on here not much better.
No wonder the club switch off from fans.
There should be a ticket centre page set up so it’s not the individual dealing with the flak that they didn’t create.

Some truth to that but what was the excuse Pre-match/first 20/30min?

I think it was a mixture of nerves/make up of the crowd/heat and lack of water. Leipzig was a nervy game but the fans kept going for 90 despite us being bombarded
Agreed it was a bit of both. Conditions and a number of tickets falling into the hands of tourists.

Conditions certainly didn’t affect the Germans and the atmosphere was very similar to Manchester. Flat.

I don't mean to keep moaning but this pissed me off.

Don't blame any the individuals who got guaranteed Liverpool through CTM %^*& ups, its not their fault tbh.

But again people on lower points getting tickets over others because Rangers continued %^*& ups with a travel supplier.

Those guaranteed tickets going to lower points means I missed out by 1 point on 1621.

The vast majority of those on the CTM trip would have got a ticket from Rangers anyway because they’re on over 1622 points. All 3 in my group who got this priority do. The least points any of us have is 1647.

The vast majority of those on the CTM trip would have got a ticket from Rangers anyway because they’re on over 1622 points. All 3 in my group who got this priority do. The least points any of us have is 1647.
I know of a few who are under it. No real way of knowing the amount.

how do you know that?

How come the atmosphere in games like Hibs in December 2021 are up there with the best I’ve been part of at domestic aways?

UB leading the fans from the front of the upper tier improves the atmosphere. In leipzig they positioned themselves down the front of the cage and it’s easily one of the best atmospheres I’ve been part of - again due to the UB and where they positioned themselves

I’m not UB, I have no reason to kiss their arses if it’s unwarranted but without them the atmosphere would’ve been pathetic. You’ve hit the nail on the head - people don’t join in because they don’t want to; that would be the same with or without UB

Was the same for Seville. You had guys on twitter demanding it be a random ballot between all ST holders and mygers shouldn't be involved. Nae bother.
Thats nothing new mate, was the same for Manchester in 2008, I know a guy who chucked his season ticket and hasn't been back since because he didn't get a ticket.

We ended up sitting in the same section as UB for the final due to ‘our seats’ being in the back row. Felt sorry for them trying to urge everyone on.
We were right behind them in the bit above the stairs to the concourse and was very mixed. 5 of us stood together and a guy came and sat in "his seat" right in the middle of the 5 of us, eventually moved and sat to the side of us before the game started as realised we weren't sitting down. Families behind us with kids asking people to sit down, barely anybody singing. Was brutal compared to Leipzig.

Hahahahahaha fuck off

Did people genuinely think they should’ve just scrapped the top down for Seville because it was a European final?

So mugs like some on here could do all the ones prior but then miss out on Seville because they fancy attending a European final :D

Hahahahahaha fuck off

Did people genuinely think they should’ve just scrapped the top down for Seville because it was a European final?

So mugs like some on here could do all the ones prior but then miss out on Seville because they fancy attending a European final :D
Check the replies to the SLO’s tweet from yesterday mate. Can’t believe some of them.

If you go through the thread you will see members on lower points who have Liverpool tickets due to cancelled trips.

How come the atmosphere in games like Hibs in December 2021 are up there with the best I’ve been part of at domestic aways?

UB leading the fans from the front of the upper tier improves the atmosphere. In leipzig they positioned themselves down the front of the cage and it’s easily one of the best atmospheres I’ve been part of - again due to the UB and where they positioned themselves

I’m not UB, I have no reason to kiss their arses if it’s unwarranted but without them the atmosphere would’ve been pathetic. You’ve hit the nail on the head - people don’t join in because they don’t want to; that would be the same with or without UB
UB should be in the middle of all our away ends regardless if they they are in people's seats. If the UB happen to be in your seat (no aimed at you btw) and folk can't go and stand somewhere themselves ask one of them to swap tickets with you and they will do it no problem.

UB should be in the middle of all our away ends regardless if they they are in people's seats. If the UB happen to be in your seat (no aimed at you btw) and folk can't go and stand somewhere themselves ask one of them to swap tickets with you and they will do it no problem.
Don’t need to tell me bud. Best thing that happened to the Ibrox atmosphere was BF1 inception in 2011/12 season and that’s rolled over to away games

Anyone who cries at an away game that someone is in their seat should be ejected from the stadium

how do you know that?

I don’t know that for sure but common sense tells you that would be the case. CTM trips operate in the same top down way as independent travel. The plane would be filled from those with the highest to lowest points.

I know of 2 people who have tickets for Anfield that have less than 1622 points and I know hundreds of Rangers supporters.

God, I’ve just had a swatch and had to stop reading.

Think there’s many on twitter that need a lesson on mygers; @RFC Euro Bus create a twitter for mythbusting all these mygers conspiracy theories/inaccuracies.
I thought people would have learned how this all works by now.

I honestly thought after people missing out on the "ballot" for the Scottish cup semi final last year they'd have worked out the ticketing requirements for each competition.

"Had a season ticket in the main stand for 20 years, not on mygers or CCCS can you tell me when the ballot is for our group"

The only way MyGers would work for every away game, be it domestic or European is to make it top down. Means it’s a shut shop but then it’s those who would be getting tickets that deserve them.

Fans on lower points would still be able to pick up tickets for Livingston etc and build points through other means and Rangers should enforce collection of away tickets from Ibrox, collection from away ground and posting them as late as possible where and if they can to stop gold members buying tickets and not going where they can. Won’t work for every game but majority it can be done.

People registering for games and then not buying tickets as well - one strike and you are out.

I know this won’t be popular but it’s never going to work the way it is currently. The way domestic away games are allocated is a shambles.

The only way MyGers would work for every away game, be it domestic or European is to make it top down. Means it’s a shut shop but then it’s those who would be getting tickets that deserve them.

Fans on lower points would still be able to pick up tickets for Livingston etc and build points through other means and Rangers should enforce collection of away tickets from Ibrox, collection from away ground and posting them as late as possible where and if they can to stop gold members buying tickets and not going.

People registering for games and then not buying tickets as well - one strike and you are out.

I know this won’t be popular but it’s never going to work the way it is currently. The way domestic away games are allocated is a shambles.
Post in thread 'Liverpool Away'
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/liverpool-away.218006/post-12584345

Post I made in 2020

Post in thread 'MyGers Membership Tiers now available - All Chat in Here'
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...vailable-all-chat-in-here.127200/post-6481445

Still think the tickets should be allocated to the tiers on a rated system. That way the top tier fans are rightly prioritised or it makes a tiered loyalty scheme pointless.

Gold - can apply for all games. Priority to be able to apply first for Celtic away - can Also apply first with priority for Euro Away tickets and semi finals and finals at Hampden first with a deadline.

Silver - Can apply for most games (Celtic if gold don’t take all tickets) and next ranked away games like Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts/Motherwell) - apply for Euro Away tickets after gold deadline passed and semi finals and finals after gold and silver levels have passed.

Bronze - Can apply for all other domestic games out-with the top 5 domestic games mentioned above. Obviously can apply for them should it drop down to Bronze level after Gold and silver deadlines passed albeit it very unlikely. Can apply for Euro Away’s and semi finals and finals after Gold and silver deadlines passed.

This is pretty similar to how Chelsea’s work. Fans on lowest points with them have to earn points unfortunately by going to the lowest ranked games where tickets are more likely to be available. This would only really work for us when it’s large away allocations like Livingston/St Johnstone as the majority of our fans don’t pick and choose where they go and never have done. Bronze level still get a chance of tickets to boost points when it will be first come first served for games out with the top ranked ones.

That said I think this is the fairest way and it incorporates similar aspects to the way our tickets have been allocated previously with the Travel Club and semi finals and finals where tickets would only filter down to STH’s and public sale after the CCCS sales were done.

Would be interested to see Greg’s thoughts on this and if the club are going with this (when he gets a chance!) - hope I’ve explained it well and happy to clarify parts that don’t make sense.

Fans on lower points would still be able to pick up tickets for Livingston etc and build points through other means and Rangers should enforce collection of away tickets from Ibrox, collection from away ground and posting them as late as possible where and if they can to stop gold members buying tickets and not going.

Woahh, so if you’re unfortunate enough to be on a bus that breaks down that’s you out of away games forever?

Stalin would be impressed with that one bud

Woahh, so if you’re unfortunate enough to be on a bus that breaks down that’s you out of away games forever?

Stalin would be impressed with that one bud

How you getting that? i said registering for tickets and then not actually buying one in the sales window. Maybe read the post properly in future?

Post I made in 2020

Post in thread 'MyGers Membership Tiers now available - All Chat in Here'
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...vailable-all-chat-in-here.127200/post-6481445
Ahh I remember that. Not far off my suggestion and I think reform is needed

You have a platform mate, why not ask David if you can go on a podcast to propose alternative suggestions? I’d have loved that opportunity a few years ago but I’m too divisive to be the individual behind any suggested reform I think

How you getting that? i said registering for tickets and then not actually buying one in the sales window. Maybe read the post properly in future?
You’re right, 2 footed. But your point on collection at a stadium - how you working that for a midweek game?

People have to be in Aberdeen for 5pm on a Wednesday night to uplift a ticket? Sure the police would love that

One strike and you’re out is unfair.

Stuff comes up for folk and circumstances change

You’re right, 2 footed. But your point on collection at a stadium - how you working that for a midweek game?

People have to be in Aberdeen for 5pm on a Wednesday night to uplift a ticket? Sure the police would love that

Forgot to add it won’t work for every game but for the majority it can.

Forgot to add it won’t work for every game but for the majority it can.
Im not so sure though.

Hundreds for European games can take an hour or 2 to complete collection.

Lowest allocation aside from Celtic is what roughly 1200 at hearts? That would take a good new hours to get through it they were checking ID

So basically you’ve to have 1200 rangers fans + those without kicking about an away stadium 3 hours before a kick off. The police would absolutely veto that idea

I do think, however, the club could do a random 10% collection at each ground to ensure the correct person is collecting

One strike and you’re out is unfair.

Stuff comes up for folk and circumstances change

Appreciate that but something needs to give. I think something needs to be done now to stop people registering for tickets and not then purchasing them.

2 others that haven’t ever posted on here before.

So 4 folk. Out of a plane load so far.

In any event it’s not huge numbers and there’s an attitude that those who got this guarantee are somehow winning and cheating others out of a ticket. I’d have got a ticket regardless, my dad would have and our mate would have too. There will be more stories like ours than there are folk who are below 1622 getting tickets, I’d put good money on it.

Back