Liverpool chiefs Jurgen Klopp doubts increase as reds further push for Steven Gerrard(Mirror)

Klopp lead them to their first title in 30 years last year, one of the reasons was Virgil , he’s been missing all season.
similar happened to us under souness with butcher ! Did we scream to the moon about wanting him out. Remember Liverpool unfortunately has a rather high number rabid bitters in it that have them same self entitlement as their cousins in the east end of glasgow and when they aren’t winning all the time they are protesting and stripping beds of shit stain bed sheets.
Ask real normal Liverpool fans and they will tell you they want him to stay and go again next season hopefully we fully fit squad to pick from.
Gerrard has started something with us and yes he’s done amazing in Europe in three seasons. But this now has to be tested in the champions league, he needs to prove he can take us past group stages and beyond. Before going down the road.

When SG leaves us I’d assume he’ll want most of his coaching team - I hope we are planning for that and ensure the transition is a smooth one.
Whenever that is Gerrard will leave a legend.
The board have put a structure in place, when Gerrard goes i don't think we will be battering down the doors of Ancelotti or Mourinho

Seen this suggested quite a lot, I don't think so. Think Gerrard and Beale are a package.

Ross Wilson has some job replacing him, continuity is the key to our future, Kevin Thomson would not surprise me

The offer of being the main man in charge may be tempting for Beale.

Gio may be an outside candidate for the job if Gerrard was to go.

Maybe we could ask Derek McInnes again :D ?

Far to early for him in that job and I believe he would fail from his in experience within management I.e only winning 1 trophy in 3 years.

He will not get that time down there to rebuild and come up short. He's been very fortunate.

He needs another year or 2 here and push on. That Liverpool job will always come up.....down south seems that way the now Man City aside.

I don't think a move anywhere in the summer would be a good move for him.

Lampard should be nowhere near Ibrox. His teams are utterly hopeless defensively. Some of the stories coming out of Chelsea on his time there didn't paint him in the best picture - no tactics, no instructions, no organisational skills.

Look at the difference Tuchel has made since he went in there.
Exactly.

I don't think he has the man management skills that Gerrard has.

I think he will want one more season with this squad and to have a pop at the Champions League. After that I believe he will be fully equipped to take any job down South. Only issue will be that the Liverpool job is ultimately what he wants and we all know a lot of it is timing. If Klopp did leave in the summer, Liverpool would want a new manager in and signed up for 3-4 years, they wouldn’t be putting in some temp waiting a year for Stevie G.
A very good point.

If SG was given assurances re squad investment you might find a few more years here would suit him as well.

Lets face it, one attempt at the CL with a EL level squad isn't really experience.

A few years in the CL with the funding required to build a squad that could be considered CL level would be the next logical step for SG's personal progression.

Once SG has proven he can build and manage a team that can play at CL level without being cannon fodder, they can operate there competently with a degree of pride in their efforts the next step may well be elite level proper.

Liverpool will be SG's last managers job imho, doesn't need to be his next and i think he is too smart to rush it.

Joachim Low will be in charge of the German National Team post until the next World Cup. Klopp has dismissed all of these rumours as utter p!sh. SG has said himself he envisages himself being at Ibrox until at least the end of his current contract.

I have absolutely no doubt SG will walk into the Liverpool Manager's job at some point. But he will also be conscious that the chances of succeeding in that role will be based upon having experience of managing / pitting his wits against CL teams.

Anything less and the Liverpool fans will be on his case at the first hurdle ala Lampard.

A very good point.

If SG was given assurances re squad investment you might find a few more years here would suit him as well.

Lets face it, one attempt at the CL with a EL level squad isn't really experience.

A few years in the CL with the funding required to build a squad that could be considered CL level would be the next logical step for SG's personal progression.

Once SG has proven he can build and manage a team that can play at CL level without being cannon fodder, they can operate there competently with a degree of pride in their efforts the next step may well be elite level proper.

Liverpool will be SG's last managers job imho, doesn't need to be his next and i think he is too smart to rush it.

I think you're doing our squad a disservice with that comment tbh.

Lampard should be nowhere near Ibrox. His teams are utterly hopeless defensively. Some of the stories coming out of Chelsea on his time there didn't paint him in the best picture - no tactics, no instructions, no organisational skills.

Look at the difference Tuchel has made since he went in there.
I don’t know, I think Lampard has the right idea for us. Brought youth players in, convinced young players from the continent to join his project and developed an attacking style. He did really well in his first season with that transfer ban hanging over Chelsea so I think there’s a good manager there. A stint under an experienced manager would be good for him and I could see him doing well at us.

Joachim Low will be in charge of the German National Team post until the next World Cup. Klopp has dismissed all of these rumours as utter p!sh. SG has said himself he envisages himself being at Ibrox until at least the end of his current contract.

I have absolutely no doubt SG will walk into the Liverpool Manager's job at some point. But he will also be conscious that the chances of succeeding in that role will be based upon having experience of managing / pitting his wits against CL teams.

Anything less and the Liverpool fans will be on his case at the first hurdle ala Lampard.
He might envisage himself seeing out his contract but it's a different scenario if a concrete offer comes in for him he could turn it down but he might not get the chance again if that's the case

Stevie has a contract to 2024, the same time as Klopp.

Too soon but will happen eventually and will go with my blessing.

No other club mind, only Liverpool.

Love our squad mate but if you, or I anyway, take the blue tinted specks off and look at it pragmatically it's a comment i stand by.

Massive step up to CL.

There's a team in the last 16 of the Champions League at the moment that we beat and drew with last season in our EL group mate.

I'm not saying we're world beaters or we should hold our own but if we made the group stages and got a decent draw I wouldn't put it past us to get out the group.

I still don't think a lot of our fans realise just how good this current team is.

I hate this thread because the truth is if Klopp leaves Liverpool ,sacked or walks,they will come for Gerrard. Sadly if they come for him he will go no ifs or buts. Let’s hope Klopp is not a quitter and stays or we have a major problem.

There’s zero chance Gerrard will be Liverpool manager next year, he’s not ready.

A season in CL with us, possibly another season beyond that and he’d be ready to step up
This I would be happy with and we’d be a third of the way to Terry Munro

Let's face it if Liverpool come calling Gerrard will be off, and he will leave a hero. Would like to see us go for Lampard if that's the case.

How much compensation would we be paid if this happens anyone any idea?
Lampard ffs.Gerrard has built a brick wall and you want to dismantle it.

There's a team in the last 16 of the Champions League at the moment that we beat and drew with last season in our EL group mate.

I'm not saying we're world beaters or we should hold our own but if we made the group stages and got a decent draw I wouldn't put it past us to get out the group.

I still don't think a lot of our fans realise just how good this current team is.
Fair enough mate, all about opinions.

I want to take nothing away from this squad, love them all.

But if we are in a position where we need the luck of the draw to proceed then i think that is a pretty fair indicator that we were playing teams that are for the most part a level above us.

No shame in that, we are a work in progress.

We have progressed from competing in our domestic league to being in a great position to win in.

We have progressed from gaining entry into the EL again after so many years outside of European competition to holding our own in it and being in a place now where we have re gained not just the respect of others in the competition but more importantly our own self respect at this level.

imho the CL is again a step up in level. The top table.

Should we win the league this year it will mark another step of progression by gaining the right to play for entry to the top club competition in the world. We will need to learn to operate at this level again.

Again, i want to take nothing away from this Rangers team but it will mean we slowly need to make upgrades throughout the squad as we work our way towards being a team who can comfortably operate at this new level.

All small steps as we progress. Nothing disrespectful to those who have helped us get this far but at some point we recognise the need for a higher standard as we face better competition.

If he goes then fair enough as it’s understandable.

We’ll move on too.
Yes I agree bro however,it would soften the blow if he left everything else intact, so we could get continuity by appointing his replacement from within

Fair enough mate, all about opinions.

I want to take nothing away from this squad, love them all.

But if we are in a position where we need the luck of the draw to proceed then i think that is a pretty fair indicator that we were playing teams that are for the most part a level above us.

No shame in that, we are a work in progress.

We have progressed from competing in our domestic league to being in a great position to win in.

We have progressed from gaining entry into the EL again after so many years outside of European competition to holding our own in it and being in a place now where we have re gained not just the respect of others in the competition but more importantly our own self respect at this level.

imho the CL is again a step up in level. The top table.

Should we win the league this year it will mark another step of progression by gaining the right to play for entry to the top club competition in the world. We will need to learn to operate at this level again.

Again, i want to take nothing away from this Rangers team but it will mean we slowly need to make upgrades throughout the squad as we work our way towards being a team who can comfortably operate at this new level.

All small steps as we progress. Nothing disrespectful to those who have helped us get this far but at some point we recognise the need for a higher standard as we face better competition.

The CL is absolutely a step up in competition but I wouldn't count us out.

I had a quick look at the CL groups for this season and there were only 2 or 3 that I thought we'd really struggle in, the rest I could see us definitely finishing third and probably even competing for second.

I think the Lampard experiment at Chelsea might put them off trying to get Gerrard this summer if Klopp goes.

I think they'll want to see him in the Champions League before making the decision.

I'm also not 100% sure Gerrard would take the job this summer.
That’s my fear for him, if he was offered the job, it’s too big an ask, and he could end up like Lampard.

I get the impression that he isn't enjoying it as much and the fans are starting to get a bit annoyed with his excuses.

The Everton defeat last week was a big deal down here.

Before that Everton game they were all giving Klopp the benefit of the doubt but they were not happy with that defeat. They didn't take it well at all and they're asking real questions.
They have had a horrific time with injuries and have faced a load of shambolic VAR decisions. This story is a pile of nonsense.

I would be staggered if Liverpool were thinking of replacing Klopp.

That’s my fear for him, if he was offered the job, it’s too big an ask, and he could end up like Lampard.

Chelsea have always been a revolving door for managers since Abramovich took over. Lampard getting canned should've surprised nobody.

Gerrard is also nothing like Lampard as a manager in terms of style. He is meticulous in his preparation. Lampard wasn't.

Lampard isn't even in the same ballpark as Stevie G in terms of management ability IMO.

They have had a horrific time with injuries and have faced a load of shambolic VAR decisions. This story is a pile of nonsense.

I would be staggered if Liverpool were thinking of replacing Klopp.

The story isn't nonsense mate. Things aren't right at Liverpool at the moment and it wouldn't surprise me if they replaced Klopp in the summer.

He might envisage himself seeing out his contract but it's a different scenario if a concrete offer comes in for him he could turn it down but he might not get the chance again if that's the case

I dunno mate ... SG's name will be forever associated with the Liverpool managers job be it post Klopp or another manager departing further down the line. He's a smart guy in the early phase of his managerial career.

Assuming he wants to go all the way (elite team & international mgt), taking us from where we were to holding our own in the CL would be a major coup on his CV. Lampard jumped too early and paid the price. I don't think SG will make the same mistake. He'll want to be in control of his own destiny as much as possible.

I hate this thread because the truth is if Klopp leaves Liverpool ,sacked or walks,they will come for Gerrard. Sadly if they come for him he will go no ifs or buts. Let’s hope Klopp is not a quitter and stays or we have a major problem.
Agree 100%..as soon as Klopp goes they come for Gerrard and he goes. Hopefully it wont be anytime soon , that's the best we can hope for.

Winning again in Scotland won't make him more ready for Liverpool mate.

The fact is he is ready. He is a fine young manager who has, quite frankly, done a sensational job.

If Gerrard had turned Marseille into French champions, nobody would bat an eyelid about him being ready for Liverpool.

If he had ended Juves domination in Italy by rejuvenating Milan, the same.

If he had beaten Bayern to the title with Dortmund.

If he had won the Portuguese league.

He has taken a team from miles behind their rivals on and off the park to a club miles in front in three years. He has the second highest amount of European wins in our clubs history. In 3 years.

He has done, dare I say it, the finest managerial job in our club's history in terms of a turnaround. It was never a chasm that had to be bridged before.

And all that, with a massive financial gap and against the backdrop of 10 in a row and the pressure it entailed.

He is absolutely ready. As I said, is he at the peak of his powers? No. But that's different to being ready.

Football is football.

And as for letting him build....they gave Klopp 5 years.
I get what your saying mate....

But Scotland is no France or Italy and the manky bastards in Parkhead are no Marseille or Juve.

Let's enjoy him while we have him , we all know he would walk from Ibrox to Anfield, with no shoes on, to take the Liverpool job.

I still think he will be with us for at least one more season but, we all know how football can turn on a dime, no one can really predict what will happen.

I'm afraid it's out of our control, no use worrying about it.

He will definitely be on their shortlist now because of our exploits in Europe.

If you look at his expenditure and what he has achieved it is nothing short of sensational.
Let's face it he is going to end up there, that's his dream after all. I just hope it's later rather than sooner. I'm sure and I'd hope that Ross Wilson is one step ahead should in that regard,should that come about. I still think it would be too soon for him which is probably based on hope than anything.

The only person who decides if Klopp leaves Liverpool is Klopp.

They would never sack him in a million years.

The European Cup and EPL title has bought him immortality at that club, and rightly so.

This is 100% exactly they way I see it. The ball is firmly in Klopp's court IMO.

There was a general consensus last summer that Liverpool could go and create a new dynasty. I've been watching Klopp recently in his interviews though and he seems like a broken man, granted there are personal circumstances to factor in as well, but does he have the fire in the belly and desire to get Liverpool back on top next season? Who knows. If he does walk though and we get the dreaded call, there is no point being in denial about what the outcome is going to be for us sadly.

My gut feeling is Gerrard will be here for 1 more season, so enjoy him while he's still here.

I think the lure of the job would make it hard not to take, and as he is keen on the Klopp style that they play it would make sense that he should take it as soon as Jurgen goes, but for me 2 or 3 years of Champions League experience at Rangers would give him the inner knowledge that he could take his club to where he would want them to be, but that’s at the moment. Wait until we clinch this title, he will be blown away. The reception they will get wherever they go, and when the stadium opens up again, will follow him for the rest of his life. Souness only realised once he had gone.

Living down here I speak to a lot of Liverpool fans and I have a gut feeling that Klopp's time there is over. I think they'll move on in the summer.

I'm worried they will come for Gerrard if I'm honest.
Souness often says that moving to Liverpool when he did was the biggest mistake he made in his football career...I think SG will not want to go too early in case it all falls about his ears. Surely better to wait until he has more years of management under his skin...I also doubt if SG would leave us in the lurch having to race around looking for a replacement etc.

What makes a manager ready?

He was an under 18s coach for one season when he took over mission impossible. A job where second is as good as last.

He was ready for us.

He is ready for Liverpool.

When they call,he will go and, when he does, I hope he wins the lot with them.
I love the guy but he openly admitted he wasn’t ready for us when offered the job.
Sadly he will leave some day and I’ll be nothing but grateful.

Klopp has some credit in the bank after winning the Premiership and Champions League. He’ll be there another season.

Gerrard will likely replace him but we all knew that was always going to be the case.

Back