Luis Lopes (Duk)

And rightly so BTW. He's a key player for them.

The question as ever is he worth £4m+ to us in our current situation ? And could we get better VFM elsewhere ?

Obviously they're operating at a different level but Aberdeen look to have got two real bargains in Duk and Miovski.
and im sure with good scouting we can get better for less, we got morelos for £1 million
i like duk but for £4 million i'd rather we throw our net further

also what does VFM mean :)

Get him signed must be a deal to be had with player going to them

I actually think the quality of the "other" teams in the league is at its lowest for a while.

I was thinking the other day of how we'd picked up Thomson and Whittaker from Hibs, Broadfoot from St Mirren and so on in Walters second spell and what their equivalents are now and the quality just isn't there.
Broadfoot is the luckiest guy ever to have pulled on a Gers top. Absolutely dire player.

I really like him as a player.

I’ll say it again though, the premium our domestic rivals charge us makes it near impossible to achieve value.

One to keep an eye on as his contract runs down.

People are out of their minds if they think Aberdeen are selling him to us for £1.5-2m.

They’ll be asking for about £4m - which I think they’ll get close to from a team in England FWIW.

Good player but there’s simply no way we’re paying the asking price.

Scott allan was pals way Halliday. If he was going anywhere in Scotland is would be us…

The Scott Allan situation still annoys me to this day.

The boy made a horrendous mistake that he’ll regret for the rest of his life.

People are out of their minds if they think Aberdeen are selling him to us for £1.5-2m.

They’ll be asking for about £4m - which I think they’ll get close to from a team in England FWIW.

Good player but there’s simply no way we’re paying the asking price.

McKenna and Ferguson are/were better players than Duk and Aberdeen struggled to get good fee’s for them.

The Scott Allan situation still annoys me to this day.

The boy made a horrendous mistake that he’ll regret for the rest of his life.

McKenna and Ferguson are/were better players than Duk and Aberdeen struggled to get good fee’s for them.
Wrong. DUK technically miles better plus has pace and composure. They will get 3/4 million easy and we will regret not going for him

Wrong. DUK technically miles better plus has pace and composure. They will get 3/4 million easy and we will regret not going for him
We have not signed thousands of players and we move on. It's part of the game. Any player we don't sign is a case of we'll never know how it would have worked out. Set up of team, injuries, a new manager, expectation. A lot of players perform well at provincial clubs yet when they move to a bigger club can't hack it. Duk may play well for Aberdeen but Rangers are a totally different prospect. He was hardly a stand out in the recent cup semi when it mattered.

I’m probably late to the party tonight but I don’t think Aberdeen would sell him to us for anything less than 2-3m.

The annoying thing is they would sell him for £1.5m to a championship side where he would undoubtedly kick on and be a great player.

Back