Make Hagi Captain

Not really true. I think people just expected him to occasionally beat a man or lay on a goal. He’s one of the ones we look to make things happen and he had becomes incredibly ineffective.
He was wrongly asked to play in a position he's not capable of playing in. though. He's a winger and a very good one. Let them loose and natural. Too much restraint of the natural to fit a system from management I feel. Another balance that needs struck better.

You don’t always have to be in the Gough mould to be a captain. But the link to Barry is way off.

Talents like Hagi should be left to concentrate on their game while natural leaders, even from a young age, can be given that burden and thrive.
He is a natural leader though, that's the point.

He was wrongly asked to play in a position he's not capable of playing in. though. He's a winger and a very good one. Let them loose and natural. Too much restraint of the natural to fit a system from management I feel. Another balance that needs struck better.

Hagi is a winger?

Baffled.

He is a natural leader though, that's the point.
I’m not sure mate, when the going gets tough etc..

He definitely has confidence and certainly drove us forward v Braga though.

I just can’t see Gerrard making that type of player captain.

I’m not sure mate, when the going gets tough etc..

He definitely has confidence and certainly drove us forward v Braga though.

I just can’t see Gerrard making that type of player captain.
Stevie G needs to stop second guessing himself and be bold and brave and be driven by the same emotion he was as a player.

He was that kind of captain that Hagi can be.

It’s a very interesting statement. I’d not thought of it but, I’m thinking, why not. He’s young, he’s definitely an arrogant wee fucker. Why not?

It’s a very interesting statement. I’d not thought of it but, I’m thinking, why not. He’s young, he’s definitely an arrogant wee fucker. Why not?

It’s a no from me on Hagi being captain.
But.....
It’s a yes on Paddy Mc Nair.
I’ve been thinking he’s what we need in mind dfirld for the last year or so.
A good big strong midfielder who play mcCorie may have done the job but just never came up to standard.
McNair would be a step up on Kamara IMO.

It’s a no from me on Hagi being captain.
But.....
It’s a yes on Paddy Mc Nair.
I’ve been thinking he’s what we need in mind dfirld for the last year or so.
A good big strong midfielder who play mcCorie may have done the job but just never came up to standard.
McNair would be a step up on Kamara IMO.

Is McNair at Boro?

Whats his contract situation?

You're not wrong at all but there are many that expect him to be Laudrup, Hately and Ferguson all rolled into one because of what he cost. He's become a whipping boy recently and it's genuinely quite sickening.

Hagi will get it because of how obviously talented he is, when he inevitably has a dip in form people will call him a shitebag and say he has no heart.

People don't get that young players need time

The imaginary 7m price tag has become a fact to use against the boy from these arseholes.

Was either Beale or Mark Allen who confirmed we got a much better deal than was being reported by our clubs friends in the media(surprise, surprise)

Tav has had his chance and in fairness I don’t think he’s captain material. (I would still keep him btw)

Hagi has played about 10 games and in 2 of them (at least) stepped up when needed. With McGregor being a goalkeeper and Jack/Davis not possibly playing every week it’s not a bad shout from the OP if we sign him.

Not for me. We dont know the young guys leadership qualities, just that he scored vital goals. Being captain needs so much more than that.

I didn't say that. It's not about his technical ability it's about his heart. The spiritual aspect of sport that Cus D'Amato knew sport was really about. Mental strenght. That 75%. Hagi has that strong and also can really play football.
You talk some shite, I’ll give you that

He’s a number 10.

I think it’s actually one of the things we are crying out for a proper captain.

Tavernier needs replaced as captain and at right back. Whether Hagi is the answer (captain), I'm not so sure?

I hope we are seriously considering signing a player who will come in and be our leader, our captain because current options are weak - no matter what some think or say. Trophy winning Rangers sides have always had a strong leader amongst them, we currently don't.

Tavernier needs replaced as captain and at right back. Whether Hagi is the answer (captain), I'm not so sure?

I hope we are seriously considering signing a player who will come in and be our leader, our captain because current options are weak - no matter what some think or say. Trophy winning Rangers sides have always had a strong leader amongst them, we currently don't.
An armband shouldn’t be needed successful sides have always had more than one leader on the park. Sadly atm we’re lacking

I’m dumb but you want Hagi as captain
If you're gonna take the time to read what I say at least comprehend it before you speak. You find yourself more comprehensible.

And if you're gonna accuse me of talking shit at least get what shite I'm supposed to have talked right otherwise you just look a numpty :)) :rolleyes:

This club is all about mentality. I don’t think your post is as mental as it seems initially, but he needs more time. See exactly where you’re coming from though.

Jack and Arfield aren't captain material either.

Arfield blows hot and cold, Jack more consistent but both rarely drag the game by the scruff of the neck or are inspirational.

Two players we should also be looking to replace in the first team for a number of reasons.

I was thinking no but then you look round the team for a more suitable captain. There isn't a stand out. Maybe Niko in a couple of seasons.

I think Gerrard made a mistake in not making Arfield captain originally. He would not have allowed the team to have those two crucial post January periods of complacency.
Wit? He was part of both squads that collapsed

Hagi will help get us there.
But it’ll be Tav lifting that premiership trophy next season:cool:

I’m far from convinced with Hagi the lad certainly has ability but we didn’t see enough of him to convince me . Captain? Let’s wait and see.

Ryan Jack should be our captain and I think he would thrive on it. The captains arm band is weighing Tav down and was a poor choice for captain from Gerrard and I think he would perform a lot better without the added pressure.

Surely Gerrard has seen the mentality issue yet again after the winter break and has to address this immediately! We are a good footballing side as we proved in europe and up to the 29th December in the league. Just need that extra spark to drive us on when it gets tough? Who we sign or if we change the arm band i trust SG to get it right. He must be shocked and gutted as much as we are at the meltdown of our squad after the winter break?

Not for me, the comparison with Barry Ferguson does not hold up, Barry was young yes but had experienced players around him that had won trophy’s, unfortunately we don’t

Back