Make Hagi Captain

Baxter Blue

I cant believe some of the shit ideas some folk come away with on here.
Hagi wasnt even guaranteed 90mins before we finished. Also although he is a great player he is still trying to bed in with us.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Cause I think he'll be made better by being captain not weakened by it. It would drive him on to reach his full potential. Same age as Barry was.
He’s nothing like Barry in terms of leadership of style though. Even in our worst performances you’d never stop noticing Ferguson, we had games in the SPL would you could have forgotten Hagi was on the pitch. Anyway Ferguson is a bit of a rarity, it’s not often players that age stand out as leaders.

With an alleged £4m fee there’ll be enough pressure on Hagi already going into next season, for me it would be a mental gamble to hand him the arm band. If he blossoms into a leader then fair enough. But I haven’t seen anything to suggest giving him that added pressure would benefit him or us.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Can I just say mate you come across as a bit of a pessimist and when I first talked to you on here I didn't know how to take you but I get it now. You're a disappointed optimist :)) :cool:
Haha. I find it hard not to be a pessimist. Should have seen me in the first half of the season, I was as hopeful as anyone. I think it’s things like that which have made me miserable post January. I don’t know if I can handle being let down like that again so maybe if I always prepare for the worst and keep my optimism in check I’ll avoid it.

Mani

He’s nothing like Barry in terms of leadership of style though. Even in our worst performances you’d never stop noticing Ferguson, we had games in the SPL would you could have forgotten Hagi was on the pitch. Anyway Ferguson is a bit of a rarity, it’s not often players that age stand out as leaders.

With an alleged £4m fee there’ll be enough pressure on Hagi already going into next season, for me it would be a mental gamble to hand him the arm band. If he blossoms into a leader then fair enough. But I haven’t seen anything to suggest giving him that added pressure would benefit him or us.
He's only through the door mate. I'm just going on purely gut emotion from what I seen of him. Give him a full pre season, play him through the middle and give him the armband and say go enjoy it. Too many of our players are burdened by our recent past. He isnt.

DylanGer

This is like the close season or the winter break on steroids .......some absolute shite being spouted.

Mani

Haha. I find it hard not to be a pessimist. Should have seen me in the first half of the season, I was as hopeful as anyone. I think it’s things like that which have made me miserable post January. I don’t know if I can handle being let down like that again so maybe if I always prepare for the worst and keep my optimism in check I’ll avoid it.
Just enjoy it for the football mate. We deserve that as fans. Ignore the madness. We as a club need to let go of the recent past and embrace the future. We're heading in the right direction.

Disraeli

No - no disrespect to Hagi, but their is a big difference between being captain of Romania U21 and Rangers FC.

A player doesn’t need an armband to be a leader - every successful Rangers team has several players with strong leadership qualities. It’s one of the things that needs to play a bigger role in our transfer policy - not just the technical ability a player posses but their mentality and attitude also.

NDC bear forever

Really? I think if we had a proper Captain the collapse these last two seasons isn’t allowed to happen.
Disagree. I doubt if, say, McGregor was captain we wouldn’t have collapsed. At the end of the day it’s still the same squad a band on your arm doesn’t mean other players can’t still act as leaders

Mani

No - no disrespect to Hagi, but their is a big difference between being captain of Romania U21 and Rangers FC.

A player doesn’t need an armband to be a leader - every successful Rangers team has several players with strong leadership qualities. It’s one of the things that needs to play a bigger role in our transfer policy - not just the technical ability a player posses but their mentality and attitude also.
I agree with every single thing you said except that you don't think Hagi is it. I think he's everything that you say a Rangers captain is. That's why I think he should be captain. It's not technical ability it's heart. He has it in spades.

WinkieWATP

Disagree. I doubt if, say, McGregor was captain we wouldn’t have collapsed. At the end of the day it’s still the same squad a band on your arm doesn’t mean other players can’t still act as leaders
The point I’m trying to make is I don’t think we currently have a captain. Would we collapse like that with a Gough or a Ferguson there?

I don’t believe we would. I’m not a Tav basher but he certainly doesn’t lead a team like those two.

Disraeli

I agree with every single thing you said except that you don't think Hagi is it. I think he's everything that you say a Rangers captain is. That's why I think he should be captain. It's not technical ability it's heart. He has it in spades.
I really hope you’re correct, mate - if he takes after his father he’ll certainly be a strong leader.

Whilst I think he has huge potential ( and that Braga second half was incredible) I can’t say I’ve seen enough from him yet to indicate he has these qualities.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Just enjoy it for the football mate. We deserve that as fans. Ignore the madness. We as a club need to let go of the recent past and embrace the future. We're heading in the right direction.
With all due respect mate I can’t enjoy Scottish football in its present state. The scum are winning everything, they’ve got the SFA on strings, the media on strings. We keep embarrassing ourselves with these collapses, I just can’t enjoy that. I’ll always be proud to be a Rangers fan, but I’ll never enjoy seeing us lose in this fashion and to that club.

As for your other post. The fact he’s only through the door is more a reason to not hand him the captaincy than to hand it to him. We need to use logic, be pragmatic - not take needless gambles with young talent. But that’s just me!

Mani

With all due respect mate I can’t enjoy Scottish football in its present state. The scum are winning everything, they’ve got the SFA on strings, the media on strings. We keep embarrassing ourselves with these collapses, I just can’t enjoy that. I’ll always be proud to be a Rangers fan, but I’ll never enjoy seeing us lose in this fashion and to that club.

As for your other post. The fact he’s only through the door is more a reason to not hand him the captaincy than to hand it to him. We need to use logic, be pragmatic - not take needless gambles with young talent. But that’s just me!
But maybe this gloom is holding us back, and I get it I had given up on Scottish football after watching Clancy get away with what he did. What followed did not surprise me. We need to go to war with the banana republic of Scottish football. I'm all in on that.

We need to reassert our strength again. We are getting stronger, Scottish football is getting weaker. That's how I see it.

NDC bear forever

The point I’m trying to make is I don’t think we currently have a captain. Would we collapse like that with a Gough or a Ferguson there?

I don’t believe we would. I’m not a Tav basher but he certainly doesn’t lead a team like those two.
It’s a fair point mate and I agree that we need more leaders but a Ferguson or a Gough would lead regardless of being the captain or not.

Mani

You can’t post this without pictures!
The club missed a truck not hiring her star quality :))

A TV representer/PR representative of the club, have her going to matches, going to the Loudon for a pint, interviewing fans, YouTube, instagram, twitter sites. She'd of been great for the club she's a star.

Would be worth it alone just to see all the pervs perving over her :))

Mani

It’s a fair point mate and I agree that we need more leaders but a Ferguson or a Gough would lead regardless of being the captain or not.
But he was a leader when he wasn't captain. That's what I mean that's what makes a captain. I agree :))

Just think he has that quality to him bud.

Realger34

The club missed a truck not hiring her star quality :))

A TV representer/PR representative of the club, have her going to matches, going to the Loudon for a pint, interviewing fans, YouTube, instagram, twitter sites. She'd of been great for the club she's a star.

Would be worth it alone just to see all the pervs perving over her :))
Mani I read your post, still no pictures mate, cmon tae f.uck! :))

WATP3006

Hagi as captain is not the answer, no one springs to mind who we could bring in and make captain but he should be experienced, no how to lead the dressing room and take no sh!t.

Any suggestions?

DylanGer

The lord has spoken. What is your next decree oh master. Please enlighten us :rolleyes:
Aye Hagi looks like captain material....of course he does. it's not even certain he'll be a great signing if he gets here never mind captain....stay off the beer.....

WATP3006

Aye Hagi looks like captain material....of course he does. it's not even certain he'll be a great signing if he gets here never mind captain....stay off the beer.....
TBH I’d rather have Hagi than Tav as captain. Not that that’s an endorsement.

DadoBear

Cus D'Amato said that boxing was 75% mental and emotional and 25% physical. He said if a boxer was 100% physically perfect but weak mentality a guy who was weaker physically but stronger mentality would beat him every time. He trained all his fighters to understand fear, that is to say in moments of intense pressure we must use fear as an energy to feed us and not allow ourselves to be controlled by it.

I think the philosophy of Cus is equally true of any sport and indeed of life. I think there are some people when confronted with that fear, that pressure, rise to the occasion and use it to lift them to their highest and greatest potential. These are the special ones that rise to the top because they are able to not only function effectively under high pressure but to feed off it and become better because of it.

Barry Ferguson as a kid had this. This is why Dick made him captain. I believe that Hagi has it it too. He refuses to wilt and makes no excuses to lose. He has an immense drive, a desire to win, he has this spark that becomes a roaringly blaze as Cus put it, to rise to the occasion and he can be an example to all around him. He is hungry and he has massive talent.

Watch that Braga match again, you telling me that wasn't a captains performance? I think so and I think he should be made captain. I think it would be a master stroke by SG to make him captain. Let's be honest for two years in a row it hasn't worked with Tav as captain and if rumours from January were true he was very close to leaving anyway. So let's start anew. A new captain.

I'll get stick I know but I've big broad shoulders and thick skin I can take it :cool:

Btw while I'm here. We should sell Glen Kamara and buy Paddy McNair and Lovro Majer.

I'll go back to my beer now :))

Cheers.
Mani, I find myself agreeing with you all day Brother :))
I passed the British Army paratrooper course when a lot of fitter and stronger guys than me failed so I get 100% get what you mean. I’ve said in previous threads that Tav hasn’t got the mental strength to be captain (and been chopped)
We need change and wee Hagi could be that legend in the making...

Mani

Mani, I find myself agreeing with you all day Brother :))
I passed the British Army paratrooper course when a lot of fitter and stronger guys than me failed so I get 100% get what you mean. I’ve said in previous threads that Tav hasn’t got the mental strength to be captain (and been chopped)
We need change and wee Hagi could be that legend in the making...
You get it bud, the same principles apply to the army.

Necro

No because he is the only one who behaves like a leader and never hides
St Johnstone away, Katic makes a mistake, leaves the ball in no mans land between McGregor and their striker, he stays rooted to his line allowing the striker to run onto it and score easily. Took no responsibility of the situation and hung Katic out to dry

McGregor isn't captain material in a million years, shouting at refs and having hissy fits at Barisic every game isnt being a leader, it's being immature.

ICA_86

It’s insane how much British football fans over-exaggerate the role of captain in 2020, I think the idea is now a little outdated.

We need more leaders all over the pitch, it really shouldn’t matter who has the armband.