Man City v Leicester

Something of an exaggeration, I’d suggest. A history to rival anyone’s, and a fan base all but a few clubs can only dream of. Everton are a good sized, middle of the table club with some good moments in their history, but not comparable IMO.

As I said, I’m not a fan but credit should be given when it’s dune. Look at the net spend of City and United compared to Liverpool. The billionaire hasn’t exactly bankrolled unparalleled investment.

Liverpool list of honours is phenomenal. A paltry 2 league championships since Everton’s last success though tells its own story. And both of those back in the 80s. Recent decades have been abysmal in terms of domestic domination.

Liverpool list of honours is phenomenal. A paltry 2 league championships since Everton’s last success though tells its own story. Recent decades have been abysmal in terms of domestic domination.
That’s very true. But I genuinely don’t think there is an argument to be made that the two clubs are on the same level, recent ownership by “Boston billionaire” or not.

For me despite the fact I like Klopp & Henderson (and obviously the Gaffer), and dislike Pep - my gut feelings on Liverpool are still defined by Heysel.
So will be happy to see City win it.

That’s very true. But I genuinely don’t think there is an argument to be made that the two clubs are on the same level, recent ownership by “Boston billionaire” or not.

Of course Liverpool’s history is better, it would be daft to dispute that - though I’m sure Everton fans would point to the same monetary advantage City have over Liverpool and draw parallels with the monetary advantage Liverpool have had over them for many years thanks to their American benefactors amongst others.

Just a single League Cup win since 2006 isn’t a great return for Liverpool though, however you want to dress it up. And it looks like continuing. Klopp will be cursing turning up at Liverpool at the same time as Pep was running the show at City.

The whole - your clubs would be/is x, y or z if it wasn't for scenario x,y or z thing is the biggest pile of shite argument going - the only folks who value such arguments are those of clubs who have lost something as they hang on to it like a comfort blanket

Something of an exaggeration, I’d suggest. A history to rival anyone’s, and a fan base all but a few clubs can only dream of. Everton are a good sized, middle of the table club with some good moments in their history, but not comparable I
As I said, I’m not a fan but credit should be given when it’s dune. Look at the net spend of City and United compared to Liverpool. The billionaire hasn’t exactly bankrolled unparalleled investment.

Everton were the premier club in Liverpool until Shankly changed that. Then the glory hunters latched on.
Without Fenway Sports, Liverpool would be mid table.

Thought Leicester would have given them a game,seemed to be playing for a draw,no urgency,passing it around the defence. Some goal all the same to win it.

Back