Man City v Leicester

Can hardly say they've blown it, not much you can do when the other team win what looks like going to be their last 14 games in a row.

I appreciate that, however Liverpool having the lead they had, and then drawing so many, means for me they have indeed blown their own chance.

Still shat a lead at the top.

Built a team honestly. %^*& sake, at least Manchester City aren't a bunch of khunts who always seem to be cheated.

Who is saying they are cheated? And how did they ‘shat a lead’ whatever that means?

They have lost one game all season and they are winning every other week in the run in?

They're by far the richest club in the league. They should have walked this title but instead they look like staggering over the line. It’s like applauding Usain Bolt for edging out John Prescott.

Credit should go to Liverpool for pushing them until the final day whilst still playing CL football - a competition Man City are yet to buy.
Lol You are hurting.

I was under the impression that if you leave the field of play to celebrate a goal then it was an automatic booking, maybe I'm wrong but many players have been booked for doing so.

Na mate, as said it’s not automatic. Wording below:

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned for:
  • climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which can cause safety and/or security issues
  • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

Think this was the last chance for City to drop points. They'll smash Brighton by at least 4 on Sunday. Liverpool have done brilliantly just a shame they're up against this city team.

Liverpool will always be the bigger club.

They will and Man United bigger than either. But City are a proper team been through the wringer and in effect won the lottery. Good luck to them. They lack the sense of entitlement that both Man United and Liverpool fans have and this weird belief that they are everyone’s second team. Which puts both firmly in Celtic territory.

Reactions: ao2
There are a lot of genuine football fans who don’t necessarily have a dog in the fight who understandably find the Man City model distasteful.

probably say I find the PSG one worse, at least the Man City owners are trying to create something with feeder clubs/youth in the future. PSG is simply "we want to win things and we will create "sponsors" to make sure we can get through rules"

Man City probably do the same with FFP but at least football wise they are trying to do things properly

probably say I find the PSG one worse, at least the Man City owners are trying to create something with feeder clubs/youth in the future. PSG is simply "we want to win things and we will create "sponsors" to make sure we can get through rules"

Man City probably do the same with FFP but at least football wise they are trying to do things properly

Man City fined £49m by UEFA, 5 years ago and are 6nder investigation again.

Whilst clubs like Spurs, Liverpool etc are trying to win clean.

It reeks.

I dont like either team, both just foreign billionaire toys, but I'm glad it looks like Man City will win. At least they play good pass and move football, not just "playing for set pieces" like Liverpool.

It reeks.

I’d on balance accept you comment on Spurs but Liverpool? I very much doubt it mate.

I’d on balance accept you comment on Spurs but Liverpool? I very much doubt it mate.

Their net spend on transfers is about £160m over the last 5 season.

Similar to West Ham and 20% less than Everton

Transfer League for the last 5 Seasons
#Net Spend last 5 YearsPurchased GrossSoldNettPer Season
1Manchester City£760.0 M£254.6 M£505.4 M£101.1 M
2Manchester United£594.5 M£194.1 M£400.5 M£80.1 M
4Chelsea£735.1 M£444.9 M£290.3 M£58.1 M
3Arsenal£385.7 M£163.8 M£222.0 M£44.4 M
5Everton£400.0 M£197.0 M£203.0 M£40.6 M
6Liverpool£583.5 M£424.1 M£159.4 M£31.9 M
7West Ham£257.6 M£121.8 M£135.8 M£27.2 M
8Brighton & Hove Albion£150.8 M£21.1 M£129.7 M£25.9 M
9Crystal Palace£178.1 M£56.7 M£121.4 M£24.3 M
14AFC Bournemouth£162.1 M£42.7 M£119.4 M£23.9 M
10Leicester£305.4 M£188.8 M£

It reeks.

Correct me if I am wrong but did Liverpool not get done recently for trying to poach youth players from other teams in England?

They certainly were not trying to win clean by doing that.

I appreciate that, however Liverpool having the lead they had, and then drawing so many, means for me they have indeed blown their own chance.

Agree with this.

They shipped 8 points in little over a month from the end of January until the start of March.

That’s what’s done for them.

Yes, it is true that Manchester City have a huge financial advantage but they are a great team to watch.

Leicester very unlucky not to get a point tonight. Only beaten by a worldy and Iniacheo misses an open goal from just inside the box with a minute to go. Absolutely gut wrenching for Liverpool fans and I for one is loving their pain Lolz :)

Looks like they will have to wait another few years before winning the title as I can't see them having such a good season for a long, long time. More pain to come for them :)

Leicester got what they deserved, didn't even attempt to attack other than the Maddison shot

thought Brenda was playing "total football" with them? their plan was hoping that Man City kept missing, Kompany decided to step up when the rest of his team mates couldn't

Just as meaningless as saying Man U are bigger than Liverpool.

Not really. It’s patently obvious Liverpool are a bigger club.

Man City’s success is purely down to being bought by an Arab. They haven’t had to work for it at all. He threw a dart at a map and it landed on Man City. On another day it could have been Everton, Aston Villa or Newcastle.

Given the money at their disposal compared to the rest of the league, winning the title should be a foregone conclusion every August. Their real test has been winning the CL, which they have continually failed to do.

Questions should be being asked of this failure, just as PSG are now having questions asked of them.

They’ve spent £1.3 bn more than they’ve generated under amandour’s tenure and that’s just the monies that are visible.
Not disputing your figures Virgil. I just said that I thought they were a great team to watch and would be surprised if you disputed that.

Been a great title race and down to the last game of the season and perhaps the English might just get their first ever helicopter Sunday.

Been following Liverpool all season only because of the tie with SG and was hopeful they could pull it off,still hopeful that Brighton can pull something off and Liverpool deal with Wolves and would love to see them win it on the last day,whatever happens it will be a great end to the season.

Must confess I had a weird moment during that game when Inheanacho missed that chance and I realised I was gutted, and subconsciously I’d really been wanting Leicester to score. I think it’s because I like Klopp more than anything.

BUT, coming online and seeing whinging Liverpool sympathisers do the usual act reminded me of why I had initially been rooting for City.

Been following Liverpool all season only because of the tie with SG and was hopeful they could pull it off,still hopeful that Brighton can pull something off and Liverpool deal with Wolves and would love to see them win it on the last day,whatever happens it will be a great end to the season.

I watch Brighton most weeks and they'd been awful for months, looked like they were in free-fall to a deserved relegation, totally unable to score. But this week the threat of relegation went away when Cardiff lost and they played as well as they have in a long time getting a draw at Arsenal, it was like the pressure was off and they were back to being a half-decent team.

So you never know, they looked better with nothing to play for than they did when the pressure was on and every point counted..

Wouldnt bet on it, though.

Their net spend on transfers is about £160m over the last 5 season.

Similar to West Ham and 20% less than Everton

Transfer League for the last 5 Seasons
#Net Spend last 5 YearsPurchased GrossSoldNettPer Season

1Manchester City£760.0 M£254.6 M£505.4 M£101.1 M
2Manchester United£594.5 M£194.1 M£400.5 M£80.1 M
4Chelsea£735.1 M£444.9 M£290.3 M£58.1 M
3Arsenal£385.7 M£163.8 M£222.0 M£44.4 M
5Everton£400.0 M£197.0 M£203.0 M£40.6 M
6Liverpool£583.5 M£424.1 M£159.4 M£31.9 M
7West Ham£257.6 M£121.8 M£135.8 M£27.2 M
8Brighton & Hove Albion£150.8 M£21.1 M£129.7 M£25.9 M
9Crystal Palace£178.1 M£56.7 M£121.4 M£24.3 M
14AFC Bournemouth£162.1 M£42.7 M£119.4 M£23.9 M
10Leicester£305.4 M£188.8 M£

Some amount of posts slating City/defending Liverpool for a guy that 'doesn't have a dog in the fight'

Certainly Man City have spent a massive sum of money in getting to where they are, but let's remember that simply having money to spend doesn't guarantee success - just look at the soerry state of their cross-town neighbours. City, by contrast, have used their financial resources effectively to create something beautiful, something that all true football fans can value and appreciate.

To churlishly attribute City's on-field success to money, ignores the brilliance of their manager both in terms of his exceptional tactical acumin and coaching abilities, plus his capacity for making players better than they might otherwise have been.

For the whiners I say stop carping - appreciate what City have given all of us, all of us that is who love the beautiful game.

Liverpool must be wondering what the f.uck they have to do to win the league, they will end with 97 points and 1 defeat yet will still be 2nd.

Tonight when they have genuine hope of City dropping points, they have to watch a centre half stroll up and rattle one in to the top corner from 30 yards, then the agony of a sitter from the Leicester sub late on.

It’s incredible they will end the season in 2nd but you can’t deny City, the best team always finishes top, no excuses.

Same as Tommy Burns Celtic team and I have almost as much sympathy for Liverpool as I did for that lot. F.u.ck all.

Makes it all the sweeter they get this close too

What an anti climax that was last night , it’s been a decent season but as usual it peters out with a drab 1/0 home win for city and job done

Liverpool robbed for me as no way should Man City be winning 14 games in a row in that league farcical

Hopefully Liverpool claim the title next year they deserve it

To counter the permanently raging bin dippers - Citeh really should be celebrating the title now if it wasn't for Fabinho's ridiculous dive.

What an anti climax that was last night , it’s been a decent season but as usual it peters out with a drab 1/0 home win for city and job done

Liverpool robbed for me as no way should Man City be winning 14 games in a row in that league farcical

Hopefully Liverpool claim the title next year they deserve it

You are right mate - its a disgrace that since Jan (or there abouts) City have only dropped 3 points. They should not be allowed to win that many games in a row. I am on board for deducting them points just because Liverpool have played really well.

I’ve never been a particular fan of Liverpool and have had a soft spot for Man City since visiting Maine Road back when Kinkladze was their star man. Love Guardiola, his style and most of the players in that City team simply because they’re a joy to watch...

...but I confess I realised last night I was willing Leicester to take something from the game. Liverpool have done all the right things these past 2-3 years and have built a tremendous side. After 20 odd years, it would be nice to see the side that was the dominant force when I was young finally win the title again.

In almost any other season they’re the runaway winners, but this City team is just that fraction better. For all the hundreds of millions of additional net transfer fees they’ve paid, that’s an incredibly small margin.

Not really. It’s patently obvious Liverpool are a bigger club.

Man City’s success is purely down to being bought by an Arab. They haven’t had to work for it at all. He threw a dart at a map and it landed on Man City. On another day it could have been Everton, Aston Villa or Newcastle.

Given the money at their disposal compared to the rest of the league, winning the title should be a foregone conclusion every August. Their real test has been winning the CL, which they have continually failed to do.

Questions should be being asked of this failure, just as PSG are now having questions asked of them.
They're going to be the first English club in history to win a domestic treble. Liverpool and Man United for decades had more riches than anyone else and nobody batted an eyelid. Now the tables are turned, everbody runs crying to EUFA asking them to do something about it to protect their own interests. mentally challenged style behaviour.
Liverpool even now can spend world record transfer fees on goalkeepers and defenders so what's their excuse for another season without the holy grail ?

Last edited:
I’ve never been a particular fan of Liverpool and have had a soft spot for Man City since visiting Maine Road back when Kinkladze was their star man. Love Guardiola, his style and most of the players in that City team simply because they’re a joy to watch...

...but I confess I realised last night I was willing Leicester to take something from the game. Liverpool have done all the right things these past 2-3 years and have built a tremendous side. After 20 odd years, it would be nice to see the side that was the dominant force when I was young finally win the title again.

In almost any other season they’re the runaway winners, but this City team is just that fraction better. For all the hundreds of millions of additional net transfer fees they’ve paid, that’s an incredibly small margin.

If it wasn't for their Boston billionaire owners, Liverpool would be another Everton.

If it wasn't for their Boston billionaire owners, Liverpool would be another Everton.
Something of an exaggeration, I’d suggest. A history to rival anyone’s, and a fan base all but a few clubs can only dream of. Everton are a good sized, middle of the table club with some good moments in their history, but not comparable IMO.

As I said, I’m not a fan but credit should be given when it’s dune. Look at the net spend of City and United compared to Liverpool. The billionaire hasn’t exactly bankrolled unparalleled investment.

Back